ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Update on 4-star Raymond Woodie

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
I spoke with four-star athlete Ryamond Woodie III yesterday.

He told me he is primarily focused on Louisville, California, FSU, and Arkansas right now but doesn't have a time frame for a commitment. I guess you can say this is an unofficial top-four.

He says he’s closest with linebacker's coach Ryan Beard and recruiting coordinator Richard Owens from Louisville’s staff. Beard makes sense because he played under Woodie's father at WKU.

"Coach Beard stays in touch with me al the time and coach Owens keeps it real," said Woodie.

He also mentioned that he hears from Louisville commits in the 2019 class the most, followed by Cal commits.

Of course FSU looms heavy because his father coaches there but I don't think he is a lock to go there and that if he returns to Louisville on his own dime (he already took an official visit to Louisville this Summer) that will be very telling. He did tell me he plans to get back up to Louisville for a game this fall.

He is also working on figuring out official visit plans to California and Arkansas but doesn't have anything finalized at the moment. He said that training for the season and two-a-day practices are his main priority right now but he will have things figured out soon. He also said he will probably take an official to FSU.

California is also very intriguing to Woodie and he likes the academic prowess of the school. Arkansas seems to be fourth on his list but he is hoping to get to campus and get a feel for the program, its players, and coaches.

From our conversation it seems he is torn between FSU and Louisville, seriously curious about CAL, and keeping an open mind about Arkansas.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News