ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Transfer Portal

Think about who fits Kelsey’s offensive system?

Here is who doesn’t-White, Glynn, Evans, JJ and Okefor. Williams doesn’t fit only because he was he shot so poorly.

The rest are borderline because of their shooting. BHH is actually a pretty good fit but I don’t think he will stay. Clark again a good fit. He is a better shooter than he showed last year. James probably fits but his shooting has to improve. Johnson probably would be the best fit if he shot improves. With how they spread the floor he would be a nightmare.

1) Johnson
2) BHH
3) Clark
4) James
5) Williams

They get 2 or 3 back of these 5 pretty good.

Reactions: shadow force
Think about who fits Kelsey’s offensive system?

Here is who doesn’t-White, Glynn, Evans, JJ and Okefor. Williams doesn’t fit only because he was he shot so poorly.

The rest are borderline because of their shooting. BHH is actually a pretty good fit but I don’t think he will stay. Clark again a good fit. He is a better shooter than he showed last year. James probably fits but his shooting has to improve. Johnson probably would be the best fit if he shot improves. With how they spread the floor he would be a nightmare.

1) Johnson
2) BHH
3) Clark
4) James
5) Williams

They get 2 or 3 back of these 5 pretty good.
Rather think about who is willing to play Kelsey's defense. Did you watch the video clip of his defense. Kelsey's players don't let people go right by them to the basket.

Reactions: AnotherCFD
I’ll wait to see how well Kelsey can coach kids who feel entitled. My guess is he doesn’t have a lot of experience at that. It’s called “fit”.

And it’s more than just feel… He’ll be coaching kids who are paid serious money…

We have to wait and see who they bring in. I would be surprised if this 1st group doesn’t blow us an away. I would expect mid major guards that can shoot it.

I would look at Alabama and how they built their current roster. A veteran back court from mid majors. Mix in a legit $$$ transfer in Nelson plus some talented freshman. They started out kind of slow but look good. They didn’t break the bank. It was just smart recruiting.

I’ll wait to see how well Kelsey can coach kids who feel entitled. My guess is he doesn’t have a lot of experience at that. It’s called “fit”.

And it’s more than just feel… He’ll be coaching kids who are paid serious money…
Stop acting like you have the first idea in what you’re blathering on about. Much like 90% of what you post - you don’t have even third hand knowledge or experience with.

A miraculous recovery.

support joluijten GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Reactions: shadow force
Like many talented but immature players if they truly buy in they can reach their potential. Johnson apparently was constantly late to practices and shoot arounds. No matter if he stays here or somewhere else that has to change.

I think none of us will be surprised by the stories coming out it explains that mess.

I am not sure you take any of them but if they decide to come back they will be better players.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card

Money means absolutely nothing to people with character. I know that’s hard for you to fathom but Kelsey already said he has standards in a recruit and does not deviate from them. I believe him.

Stop acting like you have the first idea in what you’re blathering on about. Much like 90% of what you post - you don’t have even third hand knowledge or experience with.
Yeah, our new coach was involved with the recruitment of Chris Paul to Wake Forest. He didn't spend his entire career in the mid-majors. That's part of what makes him such a great selection. He's coached at a level where you have to have coaching ability to succeed in the mid-majors. He's coached and recruited some of the best in the world as an assistant at Wake under Skip Prosser (RIP). And he knows how to operate and has been successful in the NIL/transfer portal environment.

Our coach has been around and he's seen the underbelly. I think he's going to turn out to be a great hire.

Yeah, our new coach was involved with the recruitment of Chris Paul to Wake Forest. He didn't spend his entire career in the mid-majors. That's part of what makes him such a great selection. He's coached at a level where you have to have coaching ability to succeed in the mid-majors. He's coached and recruited some of the best in the world as an assistant at Wake under Skip Prosser (RIP). And he knows how to operate and has been successful in the NIL/transfer portal environment.

Our coach has been around and he's seen the underbelly. I think he's going to turn out to be a great hire.
Nice. Let's not forget the last guy allegedly had tons of experience working with those "entitled" bwhahahahaah players as well, and we saw how that worked out. Troll gonna troll.

"Entitled players" are the 5* guys str8 out of HS going to Duke and UK. Maybe a top few in portal we dont figure to get.

Mid major Jr/Sr in the portal had to scratch and claw to get their market value. They have chips on their shoulder and want to win. Sunbelt POY Edwards visiting Tuesday ain't entitled.

This roster is going to be predominantly either from mid majors or guys playing secondary roles from P6 leagues.

If we are somehow lucky enough to land a single "entitled player" this guy is working miracles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT