ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Left Out of NCAAT

They played uninspired basketball down the stretch, they had multiple Covid issues including Coach Mack, they won no big games. Losing that Miami game actually might have been the kicker though. This is what you get. Unbelievable.

They played uninspired basketball down the stretch, they had multiple Covid issues including Coach Mack, they won no big games. Losing that Miami game actually might have been the kicker though. This is what you get. Unbelievable.
nitemare of a season this school has been Charlie Brown since 2013 championship

We would’ve only been around for one game anyway. I’m not even upset, we were a boring a$$ team to watch s as lol season.

Reactions: TheRealVille
We would’ve only been around for one game anyway. I’m not even upset, we were a boring a$$ team to watch s as lol season.

While this is probably true and yes we are boring, hope springs eternal before the ball is tipped. This is just a disastrous end of a rocky season for Mack. His heat index just went up a decent amount.

Reactions: CardX
There is no surprise here. They beat no one and played so poorly in games. They weren’t going anywhere even if they got in.

While this is probably true and yes we are boring, hope springs eternal before the ball is tipped. This is just a disastrous end of a rocky season for Mack. His heat index just went up a decent amount.

Don't think so. We are facing a multiple year suspension. Mack is not going anywhere. Who would you hire, or more importantly who would take the job, knowing we are facing death penalty specs?

Don't think so. We are facing a multiple year suspension. Mack is not going anywhere. Who would you hire, or more importantly who would take the job, knowing we are facing death penalty specs?

I’m not saying he is going to be fired. I’m just saying that fan discontent got ratcheted up. I’m really concerned in general what season ticket sales will be coming out of Covid. And in a boring style of play and you have a tough product to sell now that essentially you have to re-sell folks into buying tickets.

Reactions: Deeva

This is true. Like him or hate him, Mack will be here for at least the near future. Even if UofL got rid of him now and hired a new coach that person would still have to deal with the sanctions, post season bans, etc. Then that coach would be facing heat. Rinse and repeat.

I wouldn't give up yet if I were you. You have 48 hours for someone to pull out. It could very well turn out to your advantage if say a UVA or Kansas pulls out. You take their seeding if they do.

As I said at the time, the Mack/EWood video looks even worse now. It looked like a coach who wasn’t laser focused on navigating the season despite the impact a Covid positive test would bring. Bottom line is that the Covid pauses cost Louisville a tourney visit and it appeared that the coach wasn’t completely focused with keeping their risk at bay.

To the “we weren’t going anywhere anyway” crowd, I agree but I feel bad for Carlik not getting to play in the Tournament.

Pricks on the committee probably enjoyed making

Reactions: shadow force
Mack did and got $4 million. Boykin at Okla St gets 1/4 of that...

Ypou know how i feel . Why are you even worried Cards arent in go to the Iona boards
I’m not worried the Cards aren’t in. I’m alarmed, as you should be. Sometimes things don’t work out. Mack isn’t working out. If you disagree, please, feel free to express your opinion. Me being happy for Pitino is because he’s an incredible coach who did great things for this program. We know how it ended. He was still great. His teams, even during bridge years, gave everything they had. I miss it.

I’m not worried the Cards aren’t in. I’m alarmed, as you should be. Sometimes things don’t work out. Mack isn’t working out. If you disagree, please, feel free to express your opinion. Me being happy for Pitino is because he’s an incredible coach who did great things for this program. We know how it ended. He was still great. His teams, even during bridge years, gave everything they had. I miss it.
Well got news for you going to be plenty more for this program not making it thanks Rick And they only got 20 games in it was going to be a stretch for them to make it anyway this team had no room for error after missing 6 games.. I'm good it is what it is. Sad for the players .

I’m not saying he is going to be fired. I’m just saying that fan discontent got ratcheted up. I’m really concerned in general what season ticket sales will be coming out of Covid. And in a boring style of play and you have a tough product to sell now that essentially you have to re-sell folks into buying tickets.
Keep trying to get everyone down on Mack but it won't work.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
It will be interesting to see how the players react. They should be pissed and if they aren’t they need to go. They have to want it more than the fans. Outside of Jones I didn’t see the kind of passion you need to play at this level.

Keep trying to get everyone down on Mack but it won't work.
I don't think that is his thing . He calls it down the middle . It's obvious this fanbase is fractured which sucks . Like i've stated everybody don't have to like Macks style no he has things to work on. However i hate people keep this Rick crap up he's gone the man is a HOF but he had alot of bad years here also. Mack will get it done i'm confident of this fans are just going to have to be patient . And if he isn't the guy time will tell but he's our coach for the next few years. Support him.

It will be interesting to see how the players react. They should be pissed and if they aren’t they need to go. They have to want it more than the fans. Outside of Jones I didn’t see the kind of passion you need to play at this level.
You have to show that you have some inner fight yourself sometimes.

No passion? That’s coaching.

It’s a passionless team. They’ve shown no fight all year. There is talent. There is a handful of NBA talent. But, they’re just blah together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT