ADVERTISEMENT

UofL football is making national headlines.....just not in a good way

Someone please explain how a veteran coach could come out after watch spring and fall practices thinking man I have a great offense on my hands when the reality is it was awful?

Reactions: wilkie01
Someone please explain how a veteran coach could come out after watch spring and fall practices thinking man I have a great offense on my hands when the reality is it was awful?
I don’t take pleasure in beating a dead horse but if your going against our defense or even 2nd string defense everyday, it’s easy to think you might be good...

Reactions: jmac1029
Forde at least gets our name out there.

Listen, Bobby’s not the guy he was 10 years ago. In some ways that’s good. But in other ways...

8 straight bowls
8 straight winning seasons.

Some in the media couldnt wait to bash the Cards

Every team will have down years to an outright awful season.
Nebraska has lost 7 in a row dating back to last season.

Earn your money Petrino :mad:

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
Forde at least gets our name out there.

Listen, Bobby’s not the guy he was 10 years ago. In some ways that’s good. But in other ways...
That's the problem. Bobby Petrino 10 years ago was a pure prick on and off the field or so we were led to believe.

The Bobby Petrino today appears to be soft. No fire. No anger. No desire to win. He isn't the pure hated prick he once was. Sorry to say this but a college football coach has to be hard, cold, and yes a prick. We don't need a nice guy. We need the mean Bobby Petrino again. Is he still in there?

Reactions: KerryRhodes
That's the problem. Bobby Petrino 10 years ago was a pure prick on and off the field or so we were led to believe.

The Bobby Petrino today appears to be soft. No fire. No anger. No desire to win. He isn't the pure hated prick he once was. Sorry to say this but a college football coach has to be hard, cold, and yes a prick. We don't need a nice guy. We need the mean Bobby Petrino again. Is he still in there?

Petrino is now

Reactions: Cue Card

Saban’s a prick. Bellichick’s a prick. Maybe you’re on to something there.

Reactions: Cue Card
You have to consider the source. The team isn't in a good place right now but I don't think that is anywhere close to be the #4 thing to be talking about nationally.

Easily enough explained, IMHO.... Petrino's offense is very high risk/high reward, relying on the big plays that his play-calling creates. When receivers (specifically, an NFL-quality receiver like Jaylen Smith) drop passes, those big plays don't happen. When you drop one of those wide open passes on 2nd and 6, you end up with 3rd and 6 instead of a touchdown or first and goal.

Just my opinion, but we should all just have a little bit of faith that the offense will come together at some point this year. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, but we've seen plenty of evidence already that the explosive plays are there. We just need the players to execute them, and we will be just fine.

Maybe because you can't tackle much--certainly not the QB--and you play against your own defense.

And I'm dead serious on both counts...

Reactions: nccardfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT