ADVERTISEMENT

Unsung hero of today's win

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
I'll go with CB Trumaine Washington for not giving up on the play where he took down the WR inside the 10 forcing a fumble.

That saved a Touchdown that ended up being the margin of victory.

Any others?

Reactions: SoulSr and MrLandry
I'll go with CB Trumaine Washington for not giving up on the play where he took down the WR inside the 10 forcing a fumble.

Any others?

That's probably my favorite play of the year so far. You have to admire guys who don't quit.

Reactions: Louisvillian
That's probably my favorite play of the year so far. You have to admire guys who don't quit.
Totally agree and one of my all time favorite never give up plays was in 2000 in the Lightning game against UK when Dave Ragone fumbled late and Zek Parker ran down Marlon McCree of UK at the 5 yard line which saved the game and we won it in overtime.

If I remember correctly because of Parker's effort that saved a TD in a tie game, Curry Burns blocked the possible game winning FG and Tony Stallings run in OT won it for us.

I would have to go with the entire D they played lights out. Held State under there total offense out put and points average. Best game they have played thus far.

Any others?
I would note Reggie's strong run on the QB draw that got us a first down that almost let us run out the clock.

Young's cutting off the boundary on the last play resulting in the RB cutting in to Burgess shedding his block
That was a great play. To see our D powerfully shut down State's final opportunity and end it with a no gain stuff was icing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT