ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimate Matt Jones words

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
On Uk post game Florida beat down show. He said the reason Bobby P Is not at Uk is because Bobby wanted the job bad and that he and Bobby share a mutal friend , And the friend said Bobby was salivating at the mouth for the job. And Bobby was begging this friend to get him (Matt Jones) too have a meeting with Bobby and give him Matts approval, then Matt would make Barnhardt hire him. LOL And of course Matt told Bobby he would not meet with him. I know Bobby was wanting to get back to a power conference , guess Matt is playing on that card .He is truly full of himself!

Uh...so Matt Jones determines who UK hires? There you have it, sUcK fans. Matt Jones is the reason Bobby Petrino is at UofL and not UK.

Matt Jones is the mastermind behind everything UK, does he still call Calipari a cheater?

What is awesome is the complete meltdown on the Wildcat liar (intentionally misspelled) over how they could've and should've had Bobby Petrino.

One even went as far as to say they had a superior football tradition to UofL. Not in my lifetime, and I'm a man! I'm 40!
lol i just tried logging on
CatsIllustrated.com - Error
You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations

Wow....not true at all.

Matt Jones said that Petrino wanted to meet with him, but that Matt was told by people at UK they weren't going to hire him regardless. That morally UK wouldn't take Petrino even if Matt Jones changed his mind.

Why wouldn't Petrino want to meet with Maddie, considering how much Maddie knows about football?

LPT Football: Our fans will believe anything. (Ask Pitino...)

54b6f31013.png

Took me a few to find this, but I'm sure they are talking about the same Bobby P that hates Kentucky so much that he has a scoreboard of the UofL/KY game in his old game room in his house in Arkansas :cool:

I'll believe Bobby Petrino asked for a meeting with Matt Jones when. . . Geez I can't think of anything more ludicrous than Bobby Petrino wanting to meet with Matt Jones.

Honestly and truthfully, who gives a bleep what Matt Jones said. Him and other UK football fans needs to get through their heads that UK football just plain sucks.

Reactions: American Male
Wow....not true at all.

Matt Jones said that Petrino wanted to meet with him, but that Matt was told by people at UK they weren't going to hire him regardless. That morally UK wouldn't take Petrino even if Matt Jones changed his mind.

And I am straight up calling Matt Jones a liar. We know that Petrino's dad called to gauge interest in the opening. You can't blame him for inquiring. But the timing was awful. Petrino was toxic, and no P5 school in their right mind was going to hire him without the story at Arkansas having time to fade away, certainly not a school in the same conference of the one he just was fired from. So, no one should blame the University for saying "thanks, but no thanks".

For Jones to make claims that he was a part of this story just illustrates what a lying, self-promoting, hypocrite he is. Let's go back to the decision to fire Tubby Smith. Jones had nothing but distain for Cal. And even when it appeared that UK was going to hire Cal from Mempiss, Jones was highly critical. Now Cal is a saint, and Jones is claiming he was for hiring Cal instead of Billy Clyde. Lie. Jones is now claiming that Petrino tried to contact him to gain some support, as if he has some influence in the process. Bobby Petrino is not the guy who reaches out to the media for a helping hand.

This is just a case of Matt Jones using lies and revisionist history to criticize the UK administration without illustrating what a ridiculous fool he is. Fact is: Matt Jones thinks he's a much bigger deal than really is. Bless your heart, Matt Jones. You are merely a lame attempt of a local sports shock jock.

All of this is silly, really. Time to look forward and not backwards in what shoulda, coulda been done. Either UK will pay to end the relationship, ala Charlie Weis, or they will stick it out until it is finacially feasible. When that day comes, they will have to hire someone that can keep pace with Bobby Petrino. Good luck with all that. But Bobby Petrino never has been and very likely never will be the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats. Any conversation about how he could have been or should have been is merely envy of Louisville's success.

Batty Jones is the head clown of a nation of clowns that comprise of one of the more entertaining of the Wildcat squall in shows. Bobby would have been foolish to not try his pick his brain.

Matt Jones will say anything at this point to keep the conversation away from how incredibly awful UK is and that you're stuck with Stoops for another year. If your news consists of "Our rivals coach may have been interested but we thought he was bad man, I'm Matt jones and I Matter" then its clear he's just playing sensationalist trying to keep the focus away from your performance. Go back to your hole and pout with the other kitties and hope Bobby bad man doesn't put up 100 on you.

If Jones was being truthful, he would have identified "his mutual friend of CBP" ..........something he conveniently omitted in his fabrication. KingHenry is correct ........Bobby's father was the designated "broker" who evaluated all of BP's job options. Most everyone associated with college football understands the "coaching graveyard" reputation that UK football represents and the Petrino family were not as desperate for a job opportunity as Jones would like to suggest.

Jones has a job responsibility to follow up the UK Football game with "open line" that requires him to talk. He had a full week to digest the aftermath of the So Miss defeat, and several hours to witness firsthand the national humiliation of UK football. UK fans have clearly picked up on "what if Bobby had been hired", out of utter frustration and it is evident Jones invented this story as a way to feed his ego and answer his adoring minions. Most liars like Jones who have sufficient time to create their talking points, and amazingly they almost always have an "unidentified source" who conveniently remains anonymous.

I am not certain there is another fanbase in America that would tolerate an individual that caters to the lowest common denominator that each fanbase has. He has become a star to the mean spirited and irrational folks that follow his brand of " talk show". He has been shown to be a liar and coward( among other things). They deserve him as a prominent representation of their fanbase.

I am not certain there is another fanbase in America that would tolerate an individual that caters to the lowest common denominator that each fanbase has. He has become a star to the mean spirited and irrational folks that follow his brand of " talk show". He has been shown to be a liar and coward( among other things). They deserve him as a prominent representation of their fanbase.

The most hilariously ironic thing is that he is a huge liberal and Hillary supporter but makes his name applying the same tactics and appealing to the same demographic as Trump.

I'll bet most fan bases have someone like that, especially in the SEC. There is money in catering to the lowest common denominator, and large fan bases have a large pool that it appeals to.

Oh he said it...I heard it too. I think it's the Petrino love overcoming him.

LPT Football: Deep down, we can't deny it...

Reactions: Hard2Bluff
Matt Jones will say anything at this point to keep the conversation away from how incredibly awful UK is and that you're stuck with Stoops for another year. If your news consists of "Our rivals coach may have been interested but we thought he was bad man, I'm Matt jones and I Matter" then its clear he's just playing sensationalist trying to keep the focus away from your performance. Go back to your hole and pout with the other kitties and hope Bobby bad man doesn't put up 100 on you.
Im thinking 80 points, gotta give some credit to the UK defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT