ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs. Pitt TV announcers were clueless

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
That duo were giving their selections for the top 6 schools to host the NCAA a tournament. Despite UL leading 2-0 in the match, both analyst essentially minimized Louisville, as the one positioned UL tied with Pitt at 3/4, while the other idiot had our ladies as the last one at 6th.

All the while, their highly coveted Ohio State team was losing to unranked Maryland last night for their 6th loss. There truly needs to be someone challenging those with influential voting, as there must be some criteria that is followed. UL is currently rated as having the #2 RPI, I know that OSU defeated our ladies earlier in the season, but then we defeated San Diego earlier this season as well. Look to me like their is a bias against UL by those two.

Reactions: Guardman
I agree I thought how could they be praising Ohio State who before the Maryland loss had 5 losses. The only possibility was that they were OSU fans. It sure didn’t make them look like knowledgeable analysts.

Sonja has stated there is a strong Big10 bias in volleyball. Weird, though, we’d get that slant on an ACCN broadcast.

Reactions: putter23
That duo were giving their selections for the top 6 schools to host the NCAA a tournament. Despite UL leading 2-0 in the match, both analyst essentially minimized Louisville, as the one positioned UL tied with Pitt at 3/4, while the other idiot had our ladies as the last one at 6th.

All the while, their highly coveted Ohio State team was losing to unranked Maryland last night for their 6th loss. There truly needs to be someone challenging those with influential voting, as there must be some criteria that is followed. UL is currently rated as having the #2 RPI, I know that OSU defeated our ladies earlier in the season, but then we defeated San Diego earlier this season as well. Look to me like their is a bias against UL by those two.
There's a bias against all UofL sports. It's been the case since we joined the ACC.

I do not disagree about the bias against UL; but it makes no sense for 2 people doing TV analysis to render opinions that contradict what the audience can see for themselves.

As a UL fan, I will admit that I may not be as objective in my analysis here, but this UL team has a very strong resume and its #2 RPI ranking includes a win over San Diego. Those 2 analysts must have no shame, and I have to think that at some point, their peers will question the criteria they are using to determine the 6 teams worthy of hosting the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Bardman
Katie calls a good game as an analyst but not sure what she had assignment for when that one was played . She can cover up most any stupid, play-by-play guy's gaffes. Sean Moth still remains the best I've heard call Volleyball as a play-by-play guy, but I think he just does baseball now?

--sonja--

Reactions: Bardman
Katie is excellent and she CAN be unbiased as she exhibited during the uk-UofL match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT