ADVERTISEMENT

UK 2012 banner coming down next?

That scenario wouldn't necessarily take the hurt away from what we have gone through the last 3 or 4 years but it sure in the hell would make it sting less. One of the biggest thorns in my side is in relation to UK. All the years we have accused UK of cheating (and let's face it, anybody with a brain realizes these creeps are knee deep in fraudulent activity) but WE end up being the ones who get nailed. And Cat fan stands back and laughs their asses off about that scenario. Just knowing that the people laughing at you are more than likely 10 times as guilty as what we have been charged with, just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Do I think UK will ever be held accountable? No, not really. But if it were to happen, PARTY AT MY HOUSE. BEERS ON ME.

I doubt any other school will have a national championship taken away even if players on those teams are exposed. I just feel the NCAA wanted their 10 pounds of flesh from UofL but will find some way to let the UNCs, Dukes, and Uk's keep theirs somehow.
I would LOVE to be proven wrong though and will have zero problem admitting I'm wrong if it does indeed happen. In fact I'll make a thread eating crow if it happens.

Yep, the Sun Times was never sued, despite threats from UK and the Davis family. You know why? Because their story was true.
Guilty people and institutions love to threaten to sue but never follow through.

A little thing called ‘discovery’ always calls their bluff. And they want NO part af that.

I doubt any other school will have a national championship taken away even if players on those teams are exposed. I just feel the NCAA wanted their 10 pounds of flesh from UofL but will find some way to let the UNCs, Dukes, and Uk's keep theirs somehow.
I would LOVE to be proven wrong though and will have zero problem admitting I'm wrong if it does indeed happen. In fact I'll make a thread eating crow if it happens.
You supply the crow (preferably deep fried) and I'll supply the beer. Be one hell of a party.

We know the NCAA doesn't want to take anything like that from those blue bloods. However i want too see what or if they release anything from EYBL Nike that's were all the juicy stuff is when it comes to Duke,Uk,NC .

If you looked at the amount of $$$ Kentucky paid players since Cal came to town, it would be staggering. I hope half of it comes to light but I doubt it.[/QUO

Unless you have evidence there's really no way for you to make such a comment. You're just making it up. Wishful thinking

Lol.....they're the only ones that believed it.
Can't sue for slander successfully unless you can prove either damage or intent to damage. Looking at Davis current paycheck, that would be hard to prove. Anyone can say anything these days with little repercussion.
If not, all internet boards would be out of business.

So let me get this straight. Two years prior to the championship and 8 years ago from now...this story broke and no further info has come out since?

Yup, banner coming down.

ONE ledger from ONE agent named numerous players receiving benefits going back for over 10 years. Are you naive enough to think that this is the end of it, or that there no other agents out there funding players, or perhaps one of the most naturally talented players in a generation didn’t get caught up in this? It’s not just about AD...if just one of those guys on that championship team took some money it would result in a vacated championship. Good luck!

ONE ledger from ONE agent named numerous players receiving benefits going back for over 10 years. Are you naive enough to think that this is the end of it, or that there no other agents out there funding players, or perhaps one of the most naturally talented players in a generation didn’t get caught up in this? It’s not just about AD...if just one of those guys on that championship team took some money it would result in a vacated championship. Good luck!
ESPN reporter was asked about kentucky...i forgot her name...i just remember her chuckling and saying something to the effect of.."those two names are all we have for NOW and there will be more to come " and she emphasised for now.

Shits about to get real...this one agent is just a small piece in regards to the Cayuts.

Lol.....they're the only ones that believed it.
Can't sue for slander successfully unless you can prove either damage or intent to damage. Looking at Davis current paycheck, that would be hard to prove. Anyone can say anything these days with little repercussion.
If not, all internet boards would be out of business.
Actually Bilo - the only people who don’t believe the story belong to big hillbilly nation. Davis’ current paycheck wouldn’t be germane and based upon the story - he’s not the only one who would have been libeled if the story was false. His father would have had a case as well. They didn’t sue for the same reason most people who threaten to sue don’t - they’re afraid of what would come out in discovery and in depositions.

ESPN reporter was asked about kentucky...i forgot her name...i just remember her chuckling and saying something to the effect of.."those two names are all we have for NOW and there will be more to come " and she emphasised for now.

Shits about to get real...this one agent is just a small piece in regards to the Cayuts.

Yep and if anyone thinks otherwise than they are wishful thinking.

Reactions: American Male

It's coming. Only those who choose to ignore the obvious will be surprised when the hammer drops.

"Neither the University of Kentucky nor any member of its Athletic Department has offered or paid any money or other illegal benefits to the student-athlete or his family."

Probably accurate, Nike did it for them.

"Neither the University of Kentucky nor any member of its Athletic Department has offered or paid any money or other illegal benefits to the student-athlete or his family."

Probably accurate, Nike did it for them.
That was exactly the system, and the participants thought it was bulletproof. It wasn't illegal, and it didn't involve them personally. A further embellishment was probably to funnel the money to family and handlers so the kids could say they didn't know anything about money changing hands.

It works until it doesn't...

I remember watching an interview with Tom Crean after he was fired. He mentioned that Indiana had lost a 5 star in state player to a rival team after quote, "money changed hands". He never named the player, but all signs pointed to Trey Lyles. I often wonder if Tom had called the FBI 1-800 number after the scandals broke.

I don’t think most of you or most fans in general realize the FBI doesn’t have a favorite team involved in this period, and they could care less about Mark Emmeret / NCAA this is simply a job to the agents involved. These guys be charged are gonna talk and cut a plea or try being arrogant (Pitino) and get taken to the rail. I could be wrong but I see this as a warm up for football, basketball simply pails in comparison to the number of recruits and the money it takes to get all of them. Nobody's said it but I think the NCAA jumped the gun with Louisville because by the time all the indictments come in from this I'm just not sure the NCAA will be able to endure it all and maybe a new governing body is needed.

I don’t think most of you or most fans in general realize the FBI doesn’t have a favorite team involved in this period, and they could care less about Mark Emmeret / NCAA this is simply a job to the agents involved. These guys be charged are gonna talk and cut a plea or try being arrogant (Pitino) and get taken to the rail. I could be wrong but I see this as a warm up for football, basketball simply pails in comparison to the number of recruits and the money it takes to get all of them. Nobody's said it but I think the NCAA jumped the gun with Louisville because by the time all the indictments come in from this I'm just not sure the NCAA will be able to endure it all and maybe a new governing body is needed.
I agree about this being just the tip of the ice burg. The NCAA already has rules in place for dealing with every infraction which has taken place. The difference is they can and will circumvent their own rules to reach their own preconceived outcome.

I just listened to Jay Bilas say this type of stuff has been going on 'for a long time'. The only difference today is the FBI is involved. The NCAA has egg on its face today, and all they will do is 'enforce' their own set of current rules or create more.

I think your missing the bigger point I was trying to make here, the NCAA is founded on amateur sports. By the time this is over I think that notion is gonna be blown out of the water which I believe is the true intent of all this, they are gonna be exposed for what they truly are. There is gonna be some NCAA executives charged before it’s over hide and watch.

Pitino was never charged with anything.

If this happens and it could. However this is just one agency and doesn’t include the apparel stuff. This is only the beginning. It’s going to get much worse. They maybe forced to act. We will see.

I wouldn't hold my breath fellas, lol.
Are you a cynic or a hopeful slapd!ck?

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg

Speaking of banners, how many sad sacks that attend Rupp regularly look at RP’s banner hanging in the rafters and think about it until they can’t even enjoy the game. This much maligned coach has a banner hanging IN THEIR ARENA. How f-in cool is that,!

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp
UoK got out of cash/ups payments years ago . They must be clean so like the point shaving titles in the 50s, they will keep their 2012 banner .

Last edited by a moderator:
When this is all over im afraid that the last decade of college basketball will be known as the lost years. There is so much more that s about to come out. This is just the beginning .

Every accomplishment, trophy, record, or banner will either be vacated or have a * beside it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT