ADVERTISEMENT

UConn To Big 12?

why? seems like the big east is good enough to win four titles in last decade. and no football. just a money grab? no one watches bball, it has no ratings, so what's either side get out of it

In the crazy world of college sports I could see this happening but it would still be a surprise to me.

Reactions: 2330859
Actually it’s the same motivation that explains the BIG having an interest in FSU; the expansion of conferences is becoming more competitive and if one conference expands, it prompts other conferences to catch up.

Actually it’s the same motivation that explains the BIG having an interest in FSU; the expansion of conferences is becoming more competitive and if one conference expands, it prompts other conferences to catch up.

I believe that's the reason that the SEC took Oklahoma & Texas. I don't believe that the SEC was necessary looking to expand, but they knew that if they didn't take Oklahoma & Texas that the Big 10 would have.

If the ACC wants to go to 18 (and I would, and they should) then UConn makes some sense.

Good for the Cuse and BC to have a regional rivalry game for domination of the NEast.

Makes too much sense to get a team in Bristol, the home of ESPN into the fold, so the ACC wont do it. Since ND is a pipe dream for CFB sake, why not take the team near Bristol??? Duh.

And while you are at it be the first to 20 and add two more (17 + 3) to be proactive in the expansion game...or just stop at 18 and let ND be ND.

Just for S&G's we can now argue who those other 2 should be. From my long time Cardinal fan hood....I say make a run at raiding the B12 and go after UCinn and WVU....Or Mempiss and UCInn, or TCU and UNLV for some western flavor for Cal, SMU and Stanfords traveling sake.

And my most crazy choice: raid the SEC for USCjr and UK...maybe they would like to elevate their rivalries with Clemson and UofL by forsaking all that SEC money for relevancy in the W/L column and shake up the Status Quo in the expansion process like Texas and OK did by leaving the B12 for the SEC.???

Crazy I know but one could only imagine how that would affect both leagues. Maybe Clemson would want to stay and the hell with FSU. Replace them with UConn or dare I say it Mempiss to include the state of Tennessee to the ACC for more eyeballs for the league.

What would be your preferences for this fantasy of mine????? Give it up for the sake of argument.

Reactions: 2330859
You may be a lot closer to the truth than you know! These changes are going to continue causing more options for schools and conferences to consider.

If you think about UK, Vandy and USC Jr, at what point do you see yourself unable to compete in the SEC?

TX, OK, AL, UGA, LSU, A&M, Auburn, Mississippi schools, Arkansas and even Missouri all appear to have the advantage over the bottom feeders and getting a paycheck to lose most every Saturday will take its toll on fan base

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT