ADVERTISEMENT

U of L Football Ticket Inflation...

Apparently inflation has even hit punctuation, as exclamation points are up more than 200%.

No disrespect intended but, your comments indicate that you have a rather poor understanding of what causes inflation and, economics in general. You do seem to have a firm grasp on partisanship. Good luck with that.
No, he’s right. Massive expenditures by the federal government have been a major source of inflation. Putin’s invasion of Russia much less a factor.

I can see your point on the 2 relief packages with one being 2T & the other being 1.9T. Both were initially planned to help the American people, but both being modified by the other parties. Trumps more than Biden, but it’s splitting hairs at this point!
How does this indicate that I have poor understanding of economics? By your comments about “republicans this and that“ I wouldn’t be out of line by saying you have a firm grasp of partisanship as wel!
“But, there‘s one direct reason why inflation has hit America more than any other ”economically sound“ country is the over printing of money that the Biden administration pushed for and got!”

Pointing out to someone who is denigrating the current POTUS- that there are additional facts on the subject isn’t partisan in and of itself. You can have whatever opinion you’d care to on Biden’s role in the current inflation - all I asked for was some consistency on the subject.

As with most situations, the cause is multi-factorial. The transfer payments from the government are only a part of the current inflation. Basic supply and demand is much more responsible for the situation as most economists would tell you.

One can say the same thing about grandpa Joe supporters. Both sides have there own opinions and beliefs outside of the 2 parties representatives!
Not necessarily true. CardX was talking about the hard core maga people - who have a shall we say - fanciful take on the events of the last 5 years. Not everyone that voted for trump has gone down that rabbit hole - many held their nose while voting for him in 2020. The far left made up a much smaller percentage of Biden voters but in many cases, they’re just as misguided.

No, he’s right. Massive expenditures by the federal government have been a major source of inflation. Putin’s invasion of Russia much less a factor.
No one is saying that it hasn’t been a factor however - what was the alternative? I suppose we could have let people lose their places to live, go hungry etc - or if they had any savings - which most Americans don’t - blow through any money they might have put away. What might American look like in that scenario?

The supply chain is broken and despite the ending of the transfer payments, there’s a large amount of Americans who have completely dropped out of the workforce - creating a competition for workers that are of every skill level - including those with zero skills. This has dramatically driven up wages which has had a much larger impact on inflation than anything.

Not necessarily true. CardX was talking about the hard core maga people - who have a shall we say - fanciful take on the events of the last 5 years. Not everyone that voted for trump has gone down that rabbit hole - many held their nose while voting for him in 2020. The far left made up a much smaller percentage of Biden voters but in many cases, they’re just as misguided.
I don’t like Biden nor the way that he has handled the job as POTUS, but that doesn’t make me a “hard core MAGA person”. I vote for whom ever I believe will do the best at their elected position.
“The far left made up a much smaller percentage of Biden voters…” One could also say that Bidens campaign pandered towards the left, and it’s many subsets in order to sway or lock in their vote.
We both have our opinions and beliefs and they are both just that, opinions. Nether side can be proven right or wrong, but we can both agree to disagree!

“But, there‘s one direct reason why inflation has hit America more than any other ”economically sound“ country is the over printing of money that the Biden administration pushed for and got!”

Pointing out to someone who is denigrating the current POTUS- that there are additional facts on the subject isn’t partisan in and of itself. You can have whatever opinion you’d care to on Biden’s role in the current inflation - all I asked for was some consistency on the subject.
”all I asked for was some consistency on the subject“
I have done just that with my most recently modified statements, and have agreed with you in some cases!
After further and more recent statements I think that it’s safe to say that neither of us are straight up partisan. We just have different ways of coming to our own conclusions! There’s no real right or wrong they’re only individual opinions!

I don’t like Biden nor the way that he has handled the job as POTUS, but that doesn’t make me a “hard core MAGA person”. I vote for whom ever I believe will do the best at their elected position.
“The far left made up a much smaller percentage of Biden voters…” One could also say that Bidens campaign pandered towards the left, and it’s many subsets in order to sway or lock in their vote.
We both have our opinions and beliefs and they are both just that, opinions. Nether side can be proven right or wrong, but we can both agree to disagree!
I
”all I asked for was some consistency on the subject“
I have done just that with my most recently modified statements, and have agreed with you in some cases!
After further and more recent statements I think that it’s safe to say that neither of us are straight up partisan. We just have different ways of coming to our own conclusions! There’s no real right or wrong they’re only individual opinions!
We’ll have to agree to disagree again as in matters such as the causes for the current inflation, despite individual opinions held by some on either side - there is a real right and a real wrong. Facts used to be recognized in America - even the ones that cut against a particular political ideology. Now they are dismissed if they run contrary the way they feel about their side or, the demagogue they support.

Anywsy - have a good day.

I

We’ll have to agree to disagree again as in matters such as the causes for the current inflation, despite individual opinions held by some on either side - there is a real right and a real wrong. Facts used to be recognized in America - even the ones that cut against a particular political ideology. Now they are dismissed if they run contrary the way they feel about their side or, the demagogue they support.

Anywsy - have a good day.
“there is a real right and a real wrong. Facts used to be recognized in America“ yes we’ll have to agree to disagree on what “facts“ some. use to make their argument right or wrong to suit there narrative.

But, with all passive aggressive comments aside at the end of the day we all want what is best for our great country!

“there is a real right and a real wrong. Facts used to be recognized in America“ yes we’ll have to agree to disagree on what “facts“ some. use to make their argument right or wrong to suit there narrative.

But, with all passive aggressive comments aside at the end of the day we all want what is best for our great country!
Nothing passive-aggressive in my comments at all and, you seem to be taking this personally - which puzzles me.

As for facts - they didn’t use to be things that people could agree to disagree on based upon their political affiliation - they were simply true.

Nothing passive-aggressive in my comments at all and, you seem to be taking this personally - which puzzles me.
As you stated in your first comment “No disrespect“, and Ive been taking it as so. I do enjoy the back & forth and learning about other peoples perspectives. I can only hope that its being reciprocated as such! You seem to have some solid points that I have even agreed with and some I don’t.
With that being said I may have misunderstood you at times, but rest assure that I’m not taking it personal .👍🏼

Last edited:
I don’t care enough to know what this twit is saying to take him off “ignore” where he’s been for a long time.

But not long enough.

Had Trump not initiated PPP, and the SBA had not granted forgiveness to those loans …… the employers who were identified as “essential/critical” in this country would have been forced to lay off their work force, which in turn would have bankrupted the State Unemployment Funds.

Those Trump haters who voted for Biden are now experiencing the consequences of what they elected.

Had Trump not initiated PPP, and the SBA had not granted forgiveness to those loans …… the employers who were identified as “essential/critical” in this country would have been forced to lay off their work force, which in turn would have bankrupted the State Unemployment Funds.

Those Trump haters who voted for Biden are now experiencing the consequences of what they elected.
I believe they’re too hard headed to admit or realize how much Biden has negatively affected our country. Nor do they care to realize how the rest of the world views America as a weakened country under Biden.

I believe they’re too hard headed to admit or realize how much Biden has negatively affected our country. Nor do they care to realize how the rest of the world views America as a weakened country under Biden.

I think the rest of the world sees us as a fractured country because of our political tribalism. But then again much of western Europe is having similar upheaval. That being said all eyes have been on the US response to the Ukraine-Russia war. We have our issues but are still firmly the top dog.

It has taken several years, but the truth is fast emerging that is making Trump look like a genius and a prophet. I still wonder how folks thought Biden and Harris were worthy of any leadership role.

To the managers of this site; thank you for the option to ignore! It works both ways, as I do not need to read some of the idiots on this site, and conversely they can ignore me just as easily.

I think the rest of the world sees us as a fractured country because of our political tribalism. But then again much of western Europe is having similar upheaval. That being said all eyes have been on the US response to the Ukraine-Russia war. We have our issues but are still firmly the top dog.
Western Europe has been in a power struggle for some time now. I agree with you on how the rest of the world views our country, and Biden has done nothing to disprove how they perceive us.
I can‘t see Putin invading Ukraine if Trump is still president.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Western Europe has been in a power struggle for some time now. I agree with you on how the rest of the world views our country, and Biden has done nothing to disprove how they perceive us.

Certainly the tribalism hasn’t improved under Biden. Social media and a dysfunctional primary system only reinforce these divisions. In regards to Ukraine not sure about your statement… it didn’t seem that Trump had much regard for Ukraine and now many populists are voting against aid to Ukraine. Perhaps one could argue that Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine simply because the former POTUS was helping foster Ukraine’s weakening. No need to invade something that was being allowed to wither.

Reactions: BPGhost
Certainly the tribalism hasn’t improved under Biden. Social media and a dysfunctional primary system only reinforce these divisions. In regards to Ukraine not sure about your statement… it didn’t seem that Trump had much regard for Ukraine and now many populists are voting against aid to Ukraine. Perhaps one could argue that Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine simply because the former POTUS was helping foster Ukraine’s weakening. No need to invade something that was being allowed to wither.
I can understand your point and social media also playing a part to reinforce the division.
In regards to my Putin not invading Ukraine with Trump as POTUS as you said we are the top dog, and IMO Trump would have flexed that notion beforehand to Putin that there would be a large consequence if he were to militarily invade Ukraine or any other country for that matter. Biden didn’t make a move until Ukraine was invaded. In short IMO America came across as a stronger threat than under Trump than it does now under Biden.

I don’t care enough to know what this twit is saying to take him off “ignore” where he’s been for a long time.

But not long enough.
Lol - regardless of who you’re referring to - if you didn’t care enough, then you wouldn’t have even commented.

Clearly you care.

A lot. 😂

To be accurate - Congress initiated the PPP loans with the CARES Act in a bipartisan fashion and, to his credit - trump signed it.

Had trump acted as pragmatically during the rest of his tenure - perhaps there wouldn’t have been 81 million + “trump haters” to sweep him away in a landslide.

Swap “trump” out for “Biden” and your statement rings just as true…

It has taken several years, but the truth is fast emerging that is making Trump look like a genius and a prophet. I still wonder how folks thought Biden and Harris were worthy of any leadership role.

To the managers of this site; thank you for the option to ignore! It works both ways, as I do not need to read some of the idiots on this site, and conversely they can ignore me just as easily.
In the event that I’m not one of the “idiots” you are referring to, I’d love to hear which specific truth you’re speaking about that put trump in a good light.

If I am on ignore - well that’s a missed opportunity for me to gain some insight in a different opinion.

Which - seems to be the point of a message board…

Many world leaders are on record regarding their perception of the US under Biden vs under trump and trump, doesn’t come out favorably.

As for Russia invading Ukraine under trump - who knows? I do seem to remember him saying the NK would never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons if he were elected. That didn’t age well…

Many world leaders are on record regarding their perception of the US under Biden vs under trump and trump, doesn’t come out favorably.

As for Russia invading Ukraine under trump - who knows? I do seem to remember him saying the NK would never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons if he were elected. That didn’t age well…
The world’s perception of Biden was high when he was elected I don’t doubt that. The approval of Biden and his leadership has been on a steady decline especially after how he handled americas pull out of Afghanistan.

As for the Russia/Ukraine invasion is unprovable and just my opinion.
All politicians will say just about anything that they think the people want to hear in order to get elected!

We can go back and forth about what he did or he’s going to do which is how political conversations go.
Instead of the pettiness in which political discussion to go I’ll just say that I respect your opinion and that’s what makes this country great is the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions.✌🏼

The world’s perception of Biden was high when he was elected I don’t doubt that. The approval of Biden and his leadership has been on a steady decline especially after how he handled americas pull out of Afghanistan.

As for the Russia/Ukraine invasion is unprovable and just my opinion.
All politicians will say just about anything that they think the people want to hear in order to get elected!

We can go back and forth about what he did or he’s going to do which is how political conversations go.
Instead of the pettiness in which political discussion to go I’ll just say that I respect your opinion and that’s what makes this country great is the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions.✌🏼
Well said and, I’ve appreciated the opportunity to have the conversation.

Reactions: bigloucards
All one has to do is look at where we were, and what we had 1 1/2 to 3 years ago, and where we are and what we have today, and if someone tries to “rationalize” that?

Don’t waste a second arguing with them.

As far as they’re concerned, 64% of Americans are wrong.

The only good thing we have now?

No more mean tweets. :eek:

Reactions: SoulSr
All one has to do is look at where we were, and what we had 1 1/2 to 3 years ago, and where we are and what we have today, and if someone tries to “rationalize” that?

When you say “we” are you referring to the US as a whole? I think trying to paint 1.5 to 3 years ago with a broad brush is problematic. Approval ratings aren’t ringing endorsements of Trump or Biden. “From a historical perspective, Biden's fifth quarter average is lower than that of any prior elected president, except Donald Trump. Trump averaged 39.1% during his fifth quarter.”

Perhaps the vaguest post ever. What are you even trying to say? I know this dipsh*t has me on ignore but maybe someone could put a finer point on this gibberish.

@SoulSr - you liked it - can you please explain WTF he’s talking about?

Last edited:
Trump averaged 39.1% during his fifth quarter.”
But only because he was “mean”.

Not because of the economy, military strength, or jobs.

Like I said. We are where we are.

But at least the “mean tweets” are gone.

That sure makes me feel good. :rolleyes:

But only because he was “mean”.

Not because of the economy, military strength, or jobs.

Like I said. We are where we are.

But at least the “mean tweets” are gone.

That sure makes me feel good. :rolleyes:
No - not only because he was “mean” because he lacks empathy and couldn’t spell truth if you spotted him four letters.

The economy was in tatters trump’s last year with 22M jobs lost. Military strength - or the Pentagon budget - hasn’t changed under Biden. Let’s not forget the complete debacle that was the withdrawal from Syria.

Could not care care less about trump’s ridiculous and bizarre tweets, though I will say that they were completely beneath the dignity of the office of the POTUS. Perhaps Musk will reinstate him and you can enjoy the “mean” tweets again.

Reactions: SoulSr
so to get back to the point of ticket prices, i am an avid concert goer, or used to be, and concert prices are now worse than college sports. elton john's latest tour starts at $175 for the cheap nose bleeds in yum, WTF?!?! bands i used to see that cost $25 and $30 are now always $50-$75. chappell was just at the palace and seats were close to $200. has nothing to do with politics or inflation, it's simply that scalpers used to make money now the people putting on events realized they can charge more money that the scalpers used to get. simple economics, supply and demand will create a price point. if they charge too much, not enough people show up and if they charge too little they have sell outs and could have made more money. it's not inflation, it's that people with disposable income, have a lot more of it since the pandemic hit, and like the old saying goes, i'd rather spend the money i have to be at the event than be at home with that money wishing i was at the event. or in other words, pot will get you thru times with no money better than money will get you thru times with no pot (old tour joke)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT