ADVERTISEMENT

Type of football win?

birdstheword

300+
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Assuming most people think we have a good chance of winning at BC, would you rather blow them out or win on the last drive? The obvious answer is a blow out, but think about maybe a last second win helps in the long run. If they win a close game it could instill confidence later on.

I don’t have confidence we can win a close game so I would rather go for the blowout. I wish things were different but it seems as we start every game with the win attitude. Then we finish with a let’s not lose attitude and that is on the coaches.

Reactions: BPGhost
Given that Satterfield has never won a game at UofL that was within one score - I’d say the only clear choice would be blowout.

Given that Satterfield has never won a game at UofL that was within one score - I’d say the only clear choice would be blowout.
“Head coach Scott Satterfield has played nothing but close games during his tenure with the Cardinals. Over the first four seasons, 14 of his 40 games have been decided by one possession or less. Louisville dropped to 5-9 in those games with the 35-31 loss to Florida State on Friday night”

Reactions: Mayoman and Art79
I don’t have confidence we can win a close game so I would rather go for the blowout. I wish things were different but it seems as we start every game with the win attitude. Then we finish with a let’s not lose attitude and that is on the coaches
The premise was a last second win not a chance at the win

From 2021 UCF 35 Louisville 42
The BC game in 2020 was a one score win for the Cards and so were the UNC, Wake, and UVA games in 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art79
Seriously, is that Stat real?
No, but it sure feels real. In actuality - Satterfield is 3-5 in one score (that's 6 points or less for those of you scoring at home) games at UofL, with two of them coming in his first year with Petrino's players. Here are some additional W-L numbers of his time here.

Against ranked opponents: 1 - 8
Against ACC opponents: 12 - 15
Against P5 opponents: 13 - 21

He is 7 - 0 against G5 opponents which, given the current trajectory he has UofL on...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT