ADVERTISEMENT

Tubby Smith now the leading candidate for Memphis job

Wow I did not think of Tubby when wondering who could be Memphis's new coach. That would be interesting.

Never had a prob with tubby the person. Huge problem with "tubby ball" though. Don't know how good of a fit this is. When we went from ricks style to tubby's the first year no one said much because of the NC of course. But he regressed from then on. He gave us a couple of good tourney runs but his style of play is soooooooooo slow. Having Rhondo on any team shouldn't be boring but somehow he managed that. I think Memphis fans will be disappointed. JP didn't live up to expectations there but he was somewhat exciting with some decent talent. Tubby can't recruit, and I go on but bottom line, this will be an EPIC FAIL

Tubby is too good a person to go to that cesspool of agents, handlers and greedy families that is Memphis recruiting.

The University of Memphis will announce later today that they have hired Tubby Smith as their men's head basketball coach

The University of Memphis will announce later today that they have hired Tubby Smith as their men's head basketball coach
Always liked Tubby Smith, but I'm not sure if he'll do well in Memphis. One good thing he has going for him is the Memphis area is usually a hotbed of D1 talent so that should help him with recruiting.

He always seemed like a good man so I wish him the best. I hope he does well.

IMO the best hire of the recent coaching changes. The man can coach. Plenty of talent in the Memphis area plus they have a commitment to winning BB, albeit a little overzealous at times.

IMO the best hire of the recent coaching changes. The man can coach. Plenty of talent in the Memphis area plus they have a commitment to winning BB, albeit a little overzealous at times.

Tubby will do fine at Memphis the guy can flat out coach, the biggest knock on him was his ability to get top talent. Memphis is a hot bed of talent and even if your not able to get the top talent McDonalds talent if he can get top 50-100 players he will do fine there.

Very good choice for that school he will do very well with the type players that are in the area. Tubby will structure to that program they never lack for talent they have a very good talent base in their back yard . pastner was not a seasoned coach for thatg type of talent he had. Tubby is just the right guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT