ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Trentyn Flowers To UofL and will reclassify to 2023

I told my friends "CKP is such a good recruiter he could sell Pee flavor snow cones, from the snow beneath an Eskimo's feet, right to that same Eskimo."
I don't know how you fly into the city of Louisville at this time of the year, coming off of a season like the one we had and use words like "I believe Payne can get me ready for the next level" and "I believe in this staff" and "I love the atmosphere here"... lol..

I love the recruiting... and like many said during the hiring process... Payne is an elite recruiter... and he is proving it.

Last edited:
I just watched his highlight films, yes I know its highlight, but three observations about how fundamentally sound his game looks. 1. Dribbling in traffic is smooth a confident for a tall guy, switches dribble hand in traffic according to the defensive pressure. 2. Uses the rim and glass on layups. Gawd I hate guys who shoot floaters. On back door cuts, uses the rim to block out defender and then lays it up on the block. The old saw is on layups is if you hit the white square you cant miss. 3. His jump shots come quickly and he catches the ball high enough that defender has no chance to close out.

I must confess, I had given up on KP; this is not just a “game changer”, it could very well be a program changer.

The best thing about what they are doing on the recruiting trail is it will provide clarity at least for me. To me the talent/competitiveness this year wasn’t Power 5.

On paper this is best recruiting class ever and they aren’t done. They still have to find 3 older guys that are super competitive. Would love to get the Minnesota guard who is testing the NBA waters.

Recruiting and talent issue is off the table. Now it can he turn them into a good team is a legit question and concern.

Another solid pickup. With Clark and Flowers, KP is letting you know what type of style he’s trying to implement and play. He’s looking to get up and down the floor.

Very impressive what KP has pulled off in fairly short order. Let’s see what additional pieces he adds.

i'm keeping my expectations low. Duke had 3 of the top 5 recruits couldn't even make it to the sweet 16.
Absolutely. I'm cautiously optimistic with this uptick in recruiting, but Payne has to actually win games on the court.

In his first season, Payne has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. Nothing. Getting more and better talent here is, hopefully, just step 1. Step 2 is actually coaching up these players. Step 3 is playing winning basketball next season. Step 4 is maintaining all of the above.

Absolutely. I'm cautiously optimistic with this uptick in recruiting, but Payne has to actually win games on the court.

In his first season, Payne has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. Nothing. Getting more and better talent here is, hopefully, just step 1. Step 2 is actually coaching up these players. Step 3 is playing winning basketball next season. Step 4 is maintaining all of the above.
This is great recruiting based on 🌟 rankings. We'll see how it actually pans out.. One is a big man project and one is a vagabond. I hope KP can turn them into something but nothing I've seen about KP gives me confidence he will..

Good thing is there's no excuses after failure next year..

Reactions: shadow force
If the goal is a national title then players like Flowers, Clarke, and Evans at least give you a shot. The data is clear a title isn’t likely without a legit Pro player on the roster.

KP is bringing players with 1st round ability.

I can see him playing the 2, but he looks like a 3/SF to me. With the style that I think KP is trying to play I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference if he is at 2 or 3. Will he be able to defend opposing 2 guards?

I can see him playing the 2, but he looks like a 3/SF to me. With the style that I think KP is trying to play I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference if he is at 2 or 3. Will he be able to defend opposing 2 guards?
Yeah if he plays at SG and can actually guard opposing guards he'll be a huge mismatch for them because I think his offense will be ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT