ADVERTISEMENT

Trentyn Flowers Off To Rough Start In Australia

he could have been a solid college 3. But he’s not a point guard at any level.
And the fact that he has continued to label himself as a PG on social media is kind of lame in my opinion. You shouldn't have to label yourself as a PG. Skyy doesn't do that because people know that is his true position.

And the fact that he has continued to label himself as a PG on social media is kind of lame in my opinion. You shouldn't have to label yourself as a PG. Skyy doesn't do that because people know that is his true position.
I said this a few weeks back when the news first broke, but the ball-handling responsibility is pretty much split amongst all five positions nowadays. Murray, Porter Jr., Aaron Gordon and Jokic all handle it at different points of the game. For Flowers to leave because he wasn't going to be the full-time point guard (seems like that's what it was) is really selfish in my opinion. Glad we got him off our hands. Let's see who steps up

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
This kid is just another example of the new breed of parenting they ruin these kidslives for a quick pay day. He really could have been a very solid college player with NBA 1st round potential. I hope the best for him .

Reactions: Sawyer
I remember earlier in the summer, Flowers and his mom started telling people on social media that he was a "big guard." Most people took that as he wanted to be an SG.

Maybe he thought he was or should be a point guard or maybe it shifted to where he thought he should be the PG and when he realized Skyy would be the main PG he wanted out. Or at least maybe that was one reason.

Flowers can get there but I'm afraid he's pulled an Emoni Bates here. He's tried to go too far and too quickly and its permanently tainted his game and potential.

Honestly when I saw his high school stuff I wanted him to stay in the 2024 class. He should have used this year to hone his game at the high school level, shot up the rankings and came to college as a top 10 recruit next year. Now he's either going to get better real quick or he's going to swim or he's going to be the answer to a "whatever happened to ....." trivia question.

Flowers is listed as small forward for Adelaide. not point guard.

second game he only turned the ball over 4 times. but 0-5 from 3 pointers. likely garbage time minutes
his team is 0-2 and getting blown out by 25 and 30 points.
can't be good to get blown out by New Zealand.

it's a blessing in disguise that he left. he would have been a headache during the season. too desperate to go to the NBA.

Reactions: rh62531
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT