ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah

KenSucky

One-Star Poster
Apr 2, 2010
How did KP let this kid get to South Carolina??? He's a stud that is in our home state and is averaging 20+ and 10 rebounds a game. He just single handily beat Warren Central. 🤦

Reactions: Tsmoke502
He already has 21 points and there is still 2 minutes to go in the first half! I mean this is going to be a bigger miss than Perry or Shepp I believe.

He already has 21 points and there is still 2 minutes to go in the first half! I mean this is going to be a bigger miss than Perry or Shepp I believe.
The young man is a baller, pure and simple. I just finished watching Harlan Co. come from behind to force OT and then blow out Campbell Co. in OT. Noah is very athletic, ball smart and a dead eye shooter. How in the heck did SC steal this kid from this state?

Reactions: KenSucky
Ended the game with 48. If he just finishes the next 2 with 25 he'll pass Farmer's record.

Look you have to understand that he knew he likely would not be recruited by Calipari. He's not a one and done so he wouldn't have played. That has changed with Mark Pope, more like the previous UK teams with the local high school heroes.

Not so sure Pope wants the sort of pressure that goes with recruiting popular in-state kids who the fans expect them to start and play 40 minutes a game. Some within UK believe that roster jealousy towards Reed Shepherd was in part responsible for the disappointing tournament performances. Most will agree that Shepherd earned everything he got, but he became the "go to guy", and that translated in less touches, fewer shots and less exposure for those O&D kids trying to raise their draft status.

Lloyd Garner said on Deeners show right after the KY State tournament that that kid wanted to come to Louisville, his family loves Louisville and that's where they wanted him to go. Lloyd said he sent KP a text and told him the kid and family were very interested and wanted to hear from him before he committed somewhere else and KP never even responded to the text.. that's what we were dealing with here. Hopefully CPFK can go reel him back in..

• Angry
Reactions: Louis III
Appreciate you sharing that story Red; obviously it’s all in the past now, particularly when hearing this AM that Pope secured Noah’s commitment at UK. However, the story serves as further explanation for why the KP experiment was doomed from the start.

Reactions: Deeva
Not so sure Pope wants the sort of pressure that goes with recruiting popular in-state kids who the fans expect them to start and play 40 minutes a game. Some within UK believe that roster jealousy towards Reed Shepherd was in part responsible for the disappointing tournament performances. Most will agree that Shepherd earned everything he got, but he became the "go to guy", and that translated in less touches, fewer shots and less exposure for those O&D kids trying to raise their draft status.
Are you kidding? See Travis Perry. I believe as U of L fans we have more to worry about UK now than we did with Calimari. His players were focused on the NBA. Pope's players will be focused on winning another NCAA championship. Don't underestimate Pope, I think he can coach and UK will always get players.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Are you kidding? See Travis Perry. I believe as U of L fans we have more to worry about UK now than we did with Calimari. His players were focused on the NBA. Pope's players will be focused on winning another NCAA championship. Don't underestimate Pope, I think he can coach and UK will always get players.
Its just so hard to keep a good nucleus together bc of todays situation. I think Duke has been the one program that really showed me that EVERYONE is a free agent. I couldnt believe they had that many people bolt as they pride themselves on a family atmosphere and all that shit.......

Reactions: Mayoman
I think its an old adage but I think it still holds true. The difference between college and professional sports is that in college, players play for the name on the front of the jersey and NBA want to be's play for the name on the back of the jersey. I realize NIL has changed this drastically but we will see which coaches can do the former and which ones will do the latter.

Just follow the money; regrettably the end result will not provide a sustainable future. When that happens, it will be difficult to imagine what will be left.

Just follow the money; regrettably the end result will not provide a sustainable future. When that happens, it will be difficult to imagine what will be left.
Which begs the question, since he decommitted so abruptly and then committed to kenSucky the very next day, it SCREAMS tampering, or am I just reading into it too much?

Well hell...what is tampering these days. Define it please.

This is the Wild Wild West now. Money talks and BS walks.

So sad to see it in the college ranks and likely coming to the HS ranks...like T and X for the last 20-30 years. Hate it for the young and impressionable men and women for that matter. Just the way the world turns now.

Reactions: 2330859 and earsky
Which begs the question, since he decommitted so abruptly and then committed to kenSucky the very next day, it SCREAMS tampering, or am I just reading into it too much?
I've known enough people to make a job decision and then immediately regret it and not go to work there. until you've signed on the dotted line anyone can change their mind. if they offered him more money so be it. i'm sure we've beat out other schools in the same way. but the reality, from what i understand, this is the year in NIL to make everything you can before congress starts implementing some rule structure. so every kid going for a money grab is just human nature. but for many, they won;t get paid what they think their worth

Now you know good & well that Mark Pope is not that kind of a person. Say what you will about some past UK coaches. But Pope is about as clean cut as you will find. And the fact that Noah committed to UK the day after his release from South Carolina might have a whole lot to do with the fact that it was always his dream to play basketball at UK.

Now you know good & well that Mark Pope is not that kind of a person. Say what you will about some past UK coaches. But Pope is about as clean cut as you will find. And the fact that Noah committed to UK the day after his release from South Carolina might have a whole lot to do with the fact that it was always his dream to play basketball at UK.
Yeah, that's one thing I don't think U of L fans will really ever understand, the generational devotion and love for UK basketball for primarily 3/4 of the state...

Nor do we intend to. 😉
That's cool but at least I'm not going to get my hopes up when there's a recruit like Noah pops up. That's where the term "blue bloods" is appropriate. Doesn't insinuate the caliber of their talent or play just that they are deeply rooted in the history and culture.

That's cool but at least I'm not going to get my hopes up when there's a recruit like Noah pops up. That's where the term "blue bloods" is appropriate. Doesn't insinuate the caliber of their talent or play just that they are deeply rooted in the history and culture.
Thus the wink. I understand fully. I grew up in the early 70s in Louisville. It wasn't just the state but here until DC changed it. Hell,my Dad grew up in Portland and it was 90 % down there. Thank God he got us away from all that.😄

Yeah, that's one thing I don't think U of L fans will really ever understand, the generational devotion and love for UK basketball for primarily 3/4 of the state...
According to Lloyd Gardner, who I totally trust, this kid's first choice was to come to Louisville, unfortunately KP wasn't interested and since Kin-sucky swooped in 10 seconds after he entered the portal, CPFK didn't have a chance at the kid..

Reactions: DandJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT