ADVERTISEMENT

Trending in the not so good news dept. Teddy went down.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
All signs point to it being bad. Non-contact knee injury, prayer circle, Vikes cut practice short, media told to stay away, etc..

Hope for the best.

Does not sound good at all. Reportedly screaming heard, players really upset and praying, and Teddy taken away via ambulance. Just awful reports. :(

Judging by the social media reaction, one could be led to believe TB suffered a compound fracture, or it's a knee shred the likes no one has ever seen before. Reports are now he's being taken to a trauma center.

Torn Patellar tendon is what I've seen so far. Terrible for Teddy - he and the team were primed for a big breakout this year :(

This news makes me feel sick at my stomach. Teddy is such a class act. He doesn't deserve this. I hope and pray it isn't as serious as it appears.

Initial report from the 911 call was a dislocated knee. Sounds horrifying but some people are only out 6 weeks or so. Hopefully it's not that bad.

Per @Vikings, Bridgewater suffered dislocated knee and complete tear of his ACL. Surgery in the next few days.

I'm so tired of this same old crap when it comes to injuries. Yes, Teddy Bridgewater is no longer playing for the Ville, but his injury today hurts like he still is. I mean of all the starting QB's in the NFL, it had to be a Louisville QB as beloved as any player in our history. I don't wish any serious injury to any player but if it's going to be one, why Teddy?

I have never had a favorite NFL team until Teddy went to the Vikings. I've always been a college sports fan and only cared about pro teams with Cards players. The Vikings however have my favorite Cardinal and one of the best young men to have played. I was looking forward to following the Vikings this year, and throwing things around the room when they got bad calls, just like the Cards. But nooooooooo!

It's not only Cards hoops or football, it's now pro teams led by Cards players where serious injuries rear their ugly consequences. I just hope nothing like this happens to our key football players. It's at the point now that I cringe every time a player gets hit or in hoops falls to the floor. Poor Teddy. I'll ask the age old rhetorical question, Why do bad things happen to such good people? I wonder if Teddy will ever be able to get past this and become a star we all thought he would be? If anyone can do it, it will be him. However, QB is a tough position to play with rebuilt knees.

Good luck Teddy. We're praying for your quick and total recovery.

I'm so tired of this same old crap when it comes to injuries. Yes, Teddy Bridgewater is no longer playing for the Ville, but his injury today hurts like he still is. I mean of all the starting QB's in the NFL, it had to be a Louisville QB as beloved as any player in our history. I don't wish any serious injury to any player but if it's going to be one, why Teddy?

I have never had a favorite NFL team until Teddy went to the Vikings. I've always been a college sports fan and only cared about pro teams with Cards players. The Vikings however have my favorite Cardinal and one of the best young men to have played. I was looking forward to following the Vikings this year, and throwing things around the room when they got bad calls, just like the Cards. But nooooooooo!

It's not only Cards hoops or football, it's now pro teams led by Cards players where serious injuries rear their ugly consequences. I just hope nothing like this happens to our key football players. It's at the point now that I cringe every time a player gets hit or in hoops falls to the floor. Poor Teddy. I'll ask the age old rhetorical question, Why do bad things happen to such good people? I wonder if Teddy will ever be able to get past this and become a star we all thought he would be? If anyone can do it, it will be him. However, QB is a tough position to play with rebuilt knees.

Good luck Teddy. We're praying for your quick and total recovery.
Well said. Those of us who believe are praying for his full recovery. This is a sad day for sure but he's young and he's tough. If anyone can come back from this horrible injury, Teddy certainly can.

He apparently dodged a huge bullet....No Nerve Damage...from Pro Football Talk....

“Teddy Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury today at practice,” Vikings head trainer Eric Sugarman said in a statement. “The injury was quickly identified as a dislocated knee. The injury was stabilized, and he was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment and evaluation. After undergoing an MRI, it was determined that Teddy suffered a complete tear to his ACL and other structural damage. Fortunately, there appears to be no nerve or arterial damage. Surgical repair will be scheduled within the next few days. Although the recovery time will be significant, we expect Teddy to make a full recovery. I would like to thank all of the medical professionals and our athletic training staff for all of their help today. Teddy has already displayed the attitude needed to overcome this injury and attack his rehab.”

Although the statement didn’t specifically call Bridgewater’s season over, it’s impossible to imagine that he could play this year with a complete tear to his ACL, a dislocated knee and other structural damage. The lack of nerve damage, however, indicates that Bridgewater will play in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-acl-and-dislocated-knee-but-no-nerve-damage/

Reactions: tkdcoach
This is particularly alarming:

"Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

My goodness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT