ADVERTISEMENT

Today's annual survey of athletic department revenue

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Texas moves ahead of Texas A&M by slightly less than $3M in USA Today's annual survey of athletic department revenue. Texas is at $214.8M to $212M for A&M. Oklahoma is seventh at $155.2M. Full list here:

FSU #13
UofL #22
Clemson #26
UNC #35
UVA #39
VPI #44
NCST #47

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

It's not where we are but where we're headed... Currently not growing anywhere close to rate that top programs are growing. These guys have their work cut out for them...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Yea because the B1G school presidents are responsible for the huge increase in B1G Network payouts.
You're just making my point. Guys like Ramsey and Jurich were extraordinary.

In all likelihood, however, you have regressed to the point going forward where you're little more than another conference codependent...

Yea because the B1G school presidents are responsible for the huge increase in B1G Network payouts.
You're just making my point. Guys like Ramsey and Jurich were extraordinary.

In all likelihood, however, you have regressed to the point going forward where you're little more than another conference codependent...

If that’s the case then why didn’t Ramsey help negotiate a better TV deal for the Big East or the AAC? Both were miles behind the other leagues?

If that’s the case then why didn’t Ramsey help negotiate a better TV deal for the Big East or the AAC? Both were miles behind the other leagues?
So this is Ramsey's fault too? :p

Why didn't he address global warming in his career? Or should his title have been University Prez/Conference Commish/God?

On point, I don't exactly recall the BEast or AAC ever having leverage in a football media rights negotiation. Getting much $$$ for those conferences probably would have taken God.

Just thank the Big Guy that Ramsey and Jurich negotiated well where it was most important and within their control--P5 membership. And that they were still here when the opportunity presented itself. The clowns we have now wouldn't know where and how to start that campaign...

Reactions: TDredbird
So this is Ramsey's fault too? :p

Why didn't he address global warming in his career? Or should his title have been University Prez/Conference Commish/God?

On point, I don't exactly recall the BEast or AAC ever having leverage in a football media rights negotiation. Getting much for those conferences probably would have taken God. Just thank the Big Guy that Ramsey and Jurich negotiated well where it was most important and within their control--P5 membership...

Just applying your flawed logic that somehow college presidents are the driving force behind lucrative conference tv deals.

TV revenue is driving the gains/gaps between the conferences when it comes to revenue. The conference commissioners and their staffs are negotiating those deals not the university presidents. So, until Swofford and the ACC start increasing TV revenue comparable to the B1G and the SEC the gap will continue to widen even if Nelli and Tyra fund raise at or beyond the level Ramesey/Jurich did.

Just applying your flawed logic that somehow college presidents are the driving force behind lucrative conference tv deals.

TV revenue is driving the gains/gaps between the conferences when it comes to revenue. The conference commissioners and their staffs are negotiating those deals not the university presidents. So, until Swofford and the ACC start increasing TV revenue comparable to the B1G and the SEC the gap will continue to widen even if Nelli and Tyra fund raise at or beyond the level Ramesey/Jurich did.

Hmmmmmmmmm, it appears that you have contradicted yourself. “Flawed logic that somehow college presidents are responsible . . . ‘ and you prior comment “Yea because the B1G school presidents are responsible for the huge increase in the B1G Netwook payouts.” Now those are two conflicting comments. I’m not about to agree with zipp on giving total credit to Dr. Ramsey, but I do give credit to Tom Jurich. Of course, Dr. Ramsey did give TJ the leeway to negotiate the deals. In reality, SOS your willingness to engage zipp, or anyone else on these matters just continues to prove how much you don’t know. I’d suggest you adopt my stance about “moving on” and drop your continual critique of TJ and Dr. Ramsey. Let it go man!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, it appears that you have contradicted yourself. “Flawed logic that somehow college presidents are responsible . . . ‘ and you prior comment “Yea because the B1G school presidents are responsible for the huge increase in the B1G Netwook payouts.” Now those are two conflicting comments. I’m not about to agree with zipp on giving total credit to Dr. Ramsey, but I do give credit to Tom Jurich. Of course, Dr. Ramsey did give TJ the leeway to negotiate the deals. In reality, SOS your willingness to engage zipp, or anyone else on these matters just continues to prove how much you don’t know. I’d suggest you adopt my stance about “moving on” and drop your continual critique of TJ and Dr. Ramsey. Let it go man!

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

My prior comment was sarcasm.

You're lost as usual because that isn't my point at all...

You're NOW at the mercy of conferences and commissioners. The old guys got almost no money from those sources, yet U of L athletics grew exponentially. Today, you have your clown show at the controls in a far different scenario. Due to their own mismanagement, U of L's finances are already in decline. And they have to fall back on their conference distribution to make ends meet and show any reasonable growth at all.

U of L's situation has nothing to do with Swofford except to thank him for his part at getting U of L in the ACC. Of course, a clown show apologist has no appreciation for what happened in the past...

parade%20of%20fools%203_zps33q5qiwg.jpg

U of L's situation has nothing to do with Swofford except to thank him for his part at getting U of L in the ACC. Of course, a clown show apologist has no appreciation for what happened in the past...

parade%20of%20fools%203_zps33q5qiwg.jpg

Other than the $30 gap between what the B1G schools get from their tv deal versus the ACC. I’ll let you defend Swofford on that one all day.

Other than the $30 gap between what the B1G schools get from their tv deal versus the ACC. I’ll let you defend Swofford on that one all day.
Sure, let's deflect the blame in ANOTHER direction for U of L's financial situation. Now it's the ACC's fault. LOL...

...I’m not about to agree with zipp on giving total credit to Dr. Ramsey, but I do give credit to Tom Jurich...
[pig is] just making my point. Guys like Ramsey and Jurich were extraordinary...
Oh, I'm the LAST guy to overlook Jurich's contributions. He and Ramsey always got it done in a big way...

It's not about revenue but profit...you know...the stuff you put in your pocket and put back into the school. We usually rank top of all collegiate programs.

It's not about revenue but profit...you know...the stuff you put in your pocket and put back into the school. We usually rank top of all collegiate programs.
We are a NON profit. That's the mindset you have to operate with and different from a for profit business.

Tyra never has before...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT