ADVERTISEMENT

Tin Foil Hat time…

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
Is Payne just another part of a yut sleeper cell - that started with those dirtbags bevin and grissom - one that exists solely to ruin UofL athletics and in this case, the men’s basketball program?

Although I’m of course kidding, the reality is that if he was that, the results would still look remarkably similar.

Thoughts?

Not me because I don't need to prove a conspiracy to make my point(s), but I talk to a helluva lot of people who believe that. And I think their numbers are increasing...

I had a debate about this with a friend who took the position of no UK conspiracy. One of his questions was, "well, why do they let us keep Walz, and why did they let us hire Brohm?" My answer was, UK only cares about men's basketball. And they don't believe in Brohm the way UofL fans do. They're not concerned with Brohm making UofL elite like Alabama/Georgia/Ohio State, going to the Playoffs or winning a championship. In basketball, we proved we could win it all 3 times. They want that to stop.

It's interesting to think about but in the end I really think our BoT is more incompetent than compromised by UK. I guess the truth will come out sooner or later.

I put on my Tin Foil Hat for this one. Since only basketball has been impacted, perhaps the Bevin Grissom group really is after the Yum Center. Bringing the NBA to town, and the Cards are in the way. Since I’m venturing into wild conjecture, might as well guess KP is getting cut in on the deal. We sure don’t need the Yum for 5000 or less attendance…

I put on my Tin Foil Hat for this one. Since only basketball has been impacted, perhaps the Bevin Grissom group really is after the Yum Center. Bringing the NBA to town, and the Cards are in the way. Since I’m venturing into wild conjecture, might as well guess KP is getting cut in on the deal. We sure don’t need the Yum for 5000 or less attendance…
Let’s not overlook the possibility that U of L is involved…

No reason for optimism

• Haha
Reactions: Cardiac Red
I mean the entire thing is unprecedented. We have ugly hookers, a FBI sting, FBI extortion not once but twice, a coach screwing his assistant coaches wife, a coach charged with extortion, a coach quitting mid season never to coach again, a coach doctoring evidence, and now a coach that maybe the worst hire in the history of bad hires.

Sorry can’t blame others Louisville basketball earned this all by themselves.

…Sorry can’t blame others Louisville basketball earned this all by themselves.
No one emerged from the Adidas scandal six years later at anywhere close to the debacle that this has become. And we were nowhere near this dumpster fire when it started in 2017.

98% of this disaster is on U of L and our mismanagement—if not willful self destruction. There’s no other logical conclusion. And when you consider that for years now U of L has been diverting money away from men’s basketball to other sports, it solidifies that argument…

Last edited:
I agree but if FBI was an isolated issue we probably aren’t here are we. The fact is there is a lot of crap that happened that brought us to this point and there is plenty of blame to go around. Blaming others doesn’t seem to productive.

I agree but if FBI was an isolated issue we probably aren’t here are we. The fact is there is a lot of crap that happened that brought us to this point and there is plenty of blame to go around. Blaming others doesn’t seem to productive.
Yeah but we were nowhere near this in 2017 AFTER all of the stuff you listed. Doesn’t indicate it mattered much to fans or our performance.

WE just made it a big deal…

Ding ding ding. Which is why TJ was ultimately fired, the Pitino issue just gave Postal the cause. They needed TJ out of the way as he was way smarter than anyone in State Govt. or Ole Man Grissom’s group.

Ding ding ding. Which is why TJ was ultimately fired, the Pitino issue just gave Postal the cause. They needed TJ out of the way as he was way smarter than anyone in State Govt. or Ole Man Grissom’s group.
It’s a shame he wasn’t smart enough to see this is what they were trying to do. grissom made plain his distaste for pitino and by extension - Jurich. That writing was already in the wall before the Bowen situation.

I include Indiana University when my tin foil hat is on. They had a lot to play in the stripper scandal. They weren’t going to let Romeo Langford go to Louisville at any and all costs, Their big money alumni bankrolled Katina’s book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT