ADVERTISEMENT

Throwing this out there

Beagle11

6000+
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2006
I know that Dino Babers was dismissed as a hot possibility, but given that none of the other coaches have P5-level recruits that they could bring over, is it crazy to think that if Babers really wants the Louisville (and doesn't want to use the search to increase his salary like Brohm apparently did), that he could more quickly restore the program to competitive status than one of the other coaches being discussed.

While I think one of the other coaches may have more upside potential, my concern is that it will take a couple of years and 6-7 wins to get recruits to consider Louisville as a legitimate contender. Will the fans have the patience to wait for the building process to occur? There may be some other P5 coach out there interested that we're not aware of, but if there was a way to vet Baber's true interest, I'm not sure that he shouldn't be given a closer look after Brohm rebuffed the job. The guy has a dynamite personality and carries more street cred than a young mid-level coach will coming into a pretty toxic locker room.

I think if he really wanted to come here that he could potentially bring some decent recruits with him where I think we are looking at pretty dismal classes for at least 2 years otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News