ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after 4 games

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
Starting with the obvious, I expected 4-0 but I knew we could drop any of the P5 games we’ve played if we messed around.

Looking at this team, I think one thing stands out that is different than any Louisville team since the 2013 12-1 team and that is maturity. The older leaders, Plummer, Thrash, Jordan, and Gillotte are all having good to great seasons. The team seems to be getting all they can out of their guys (minus a few quarters here or there).

That will serve us well and I’m hopeful that we’ll continue to make plays when it counts in close ones. These guys have confidence and experience and it shows.

On offense, I think we’re finally humming on all cylinders, but it could be that BC is not talented and depleted in the secondary. I want to say I heard they were on their 3rd or 4th string safeties. We have been too, however, but our depth is just miles ahead.

On defense, I think we lack a dangerous pass rush, and I think that’s going to be the difference in the season being 10-2 and the season ultimately winding up where I expect it to at 8-4. It appears the secondary is struggling at times, but I think this is because we’ve let QBs extend plays or even have way too much time in the pocket.

The next 4 games will tell the story of the season. A lot of 50/50 games and one we’ll need an upset to win.

I haven’t watched NC Stare much, but I think their defense is worse than in past years and that may be the window we take advantage of. However, I think they will put up some points. Look for next week to be in the 30’s or high 20’s for both teams.

I think I was mildly disappointed in the fans leaving so early yesterday but that’s just this fanbase. Wish we would have had more there, but other things going on and it being a mediocre to bad opponent likely contributed. I was proud of our fanbase in Indy though. We were out in droves, myself and 10 or so friends included.

Go Cards! Continue to take it 1 week at a time and enjoy the ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News