ADVERTISEMENT

The weekend rotation (if the games are played.)

Gotta admit. Surprised by Elliot. I mean, I like him a lot. Guess I I like him a lot more as that middle reliever who can go multiple innings. Lots of arms to go around.

Gotta admit. Surprised by Elliot. I mean, I like him a lot. Guess I I like him a lot more as that middle reliever who can go multiple innings. Lots of arms to go around.
I’ll reserve comment about the current rotation. By virtue of what we lost, the pitching staff, in my mind, is not quite top tier. I know CDM knows what he’s doing, the rotation is subject to change, and no one will be happier than me should they dominate. I think this team has more bats than arms at the moment. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Reactions: earsky
Do we have a guy who will consistently pitch 6 innings shutting down the other team? Maybe not. But, I think you a lot of arms you can put in for 2-4 innings and be very effective. .

Reactions: CardX and earsky
Yeah, I mean I'm happy for Elliot. Local kid that gets to live what probably has been his dream...to be a starter for his beloved Cardinals.
I think he has become quite the competitor out there and has earned a shot.
I do believe that maybe there needs to be a lefty somewhere in that Friday-Sunday rotation once ACC starts.

Reactions: Bardman and CardX
UL Baseball has enjoyed great success, based in large measure on our superior pitching rotation. This might be the season where we have more offense to balance what appears to be some reduction in our quality of pitching depth. I honestly believed that last season was our best opportunity for advancing in Omaha; regrettably we will never know.

Smith had proven he can go deep into games.

Albanese has shown to have good stuff he has potential to go deep.

Elliot is 4-5 inning guy. Pretty basic fastball and slider but really effective. I would think he would get figured out after a couple times through a lineup.

They have a lot of arms which can be tough on college hitters. Having dominate starters is great but have 10 really good arms in short stints could be very effective.

Reactions: earsky
I don't know what the mock drafts are showing about Albanese. I expect he will go relatively high.
I think I posted in another thread that he was dominant in the Fall. That's against the highly touted position players we have as well.
I think Smith and Albanese are solid.
Probably looking for #3 and #4. I really think #3 will be left handed.
Elliott, Kirian or Prosecky.

Smith had proven he can go deep into games.

Albanese has shown to have good stuff he has potential to go deep.

Elliot is 4-5 inning guy. Pretty basic fastball and slider but really effective. I would think he would get figured out after a couple times through a lineup.

They have a lot of arms which can be tough on college hitters. Having dominate starters is great but have 10 really good arms in short stints could be very effective.
It's what the majors are going to in situations where their ace isn't pitching. Saw that majorly in the playoffs.

Any word if tomorrow’s game will start early due to projected rain?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT