ADVERTISEMENT

The pendulum

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
It moved from one side to the other last night.With the season moving in a direction we all could see and feel,it moved back the other way suddenly over the last 8 minutes of that game.

Discussing the game with several people today,they were split.Half the comments I heard were of the variety of "can you believe how bad we are?" to the way I felt after that game last night.I could've cared less that it was Ga.Tech.

There was the season slipping away from a clearly deflated group of guys(and maybe the coaches too?) and suddenly that same group of guys decided it wasn't.I had decided after the CJ incident this team might go one way or another.Either they get it together as a group or go down as individuals.

Not saying we're ready for prime time quite yet,but I think this team has heart.Hell,I know they do.

Originally posted by earsky:
It moved from one side to the other last night.With the season moving in a direction we all could see and feel,it moved back the other way suddenly over the last 8 minutes of that game.
It sure felt like that to me also. You are right about the guys showing a lot of heart. The next 3 games are going to tell us a ton.

@ Florida State 2/28
vs # 9 Notre Dame 3/4
vs # 2 Virginia 3/7

You can throw the style points out the window. The games will be ugly from now on. Just win, baby'

It looked really bad last night, but I can't ever count this team out with Rozier and Harrell in the lineup. It's going to be tough the rest of the way but hopefully last night's win will give them a little confidence going back on the road in a tough environment. Regardless of what happens the rest of the regular season, I believe Rozier can carry this team in the single elimination scenario of the NCAA Tournament.

Originally posted by Louisvillian:
Originally posted by earsky:
It sure felt like that to me also. You are right about the guys showing a lot of heart. The next 3 games are going to tell us a ton.
Spot on. I agree with you guys. The pendulum really was almost at midnight but swung back the other way. Hopefully the team can make at least a semi positive end to this very tumultuous season.

It seemed like for 30 minutes we were in "what are we going to do?" mode.

Then it was like they just decided to do what they could, and found out it worked.

You can see the confidence in some guys building. Slowly, but building.

Look no further that 2 recent examples from out former hated rival....UConn.

If Kemba, then Shabazz could do it.....Why not this group of Cards? Gotta believe.....and pass that spirit onto the Cards rooting them on to play their very best ball of the year.

Its time for 'March Madness".....and it got that name for a reason. Are ya hearing me fellow Card fans?????

I think the supportive fans, which is probably 95% of the regulars here, can accept it when the team plays hard and loses. When the team is nonchalant, or intimidated, and loses because of one or the other - that's annoying.

Maybe getting humiliated for roughly 30 minutes the other night woke the team up. They've collectively played with little to no fire for extended periods of every game for weeks. It's a grind, I get it.

Hopefully, a wake up call has been received.

Nanu should be playing nasty like he did on the last drive the entire time he is out there. Trez should be supporting guys the whole game like he did Nanu late, instead of barking at guys that F up. Rozier has to start taking better shots. Wayne has to start putting his stamp on it. Q can't always defer. We've seen signs.

I don't know what it will all add up to win or lose I just want to see them act like they enjoy basketball.

We are bad, but they do not quit. They don't always have that effort the whole game, but when the stretch comes they go after it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT