ADVERTISEMENT

The Padgett for coach fan crew

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Well i hope you guys have seen enough sample size too realize he is not ready for this level of coaching. Nothing against him but being a former player and passion for the program is not going to cut it. Padgett has alot to learn beginning with defense. He will be alright in a lesser prorgam just needs to go get some serious coaching experience under his belt.

He took over for "adults" who effed up at high pay. Players aren't hitting free throws and close shots a la Pitino.
Kudos to him for taking over and accepting the 700K raise that came with the gig. To quote you eatwood - “everyone” will always be grateful for Padgett stepping in to bridge the gap this year.

It’s now time to look for a coach that has the requisite experience and acumen that is befitting the top 10 program that is the University of Louisville.

Kudos to him for taking over and accepting the 700K raise that came with the gig. To quote you eatwood - “everyone” will always be grateful for Padgett stepping in to bridge the gap this year.

It’s now time to look for a coach that has the requisite experience and acumen that is befitting the top 10 program that is the University of Louisville.

Coaching matters. I appreciate DP for all that he's done. I was cheering hard for him. Last night sealed it. He had a week to prepare. I'm not going to bash him. He's simply not the guy.

Reactions: Deeva
He took over for "adults" who effed up at high pay. Players aren't hitting free throws and close shots a la Pitino.

Granted FT % was horrible at home and King and Q were 1-16 for 2s........think about that:9% FG % from a senior and soph MAA! But the absolute total determination of LOUISVILLE DEFENSE with 35 deflections per game goals is totally unacceptable for this elite program.
Coach DP play Sutton, Perry, Malik and Jordan more and King, Anas and Q less minutes and you will get better D.

Reactions: Deeva
Granted FT % was horrible at home and King and Q were 1-16 for 2s........think about that:9% FG % from a senior and soph MAA! But the absolute total determination of LOUISVILLE DEFENSE with 35 deflections per game goals is totally unacceptable for this elite program.
Coach DP play Sutton, Perry, Malik and Jordan more and King, Anas and Q less minutes and you will get better D.
I like Perry but his decision making on the offensive end at times makes it impossible to keep him in - his on ball defense doesn’t make up for it.

It's gonna be awhile folks. Here is how I see it:
  • The Fed investigation and trials will all be over by Oct 2019.
  • The NCAA will take until the summer of 2020 to rule that UL will be barred from the tourney until 2023.
  • This means we will not recruit well until 2022.
  • Then, UL will be loaded with freshmen in 2022 and be average.
  • UL will finally be what we are used to seeing by the tourney of 2023.
To include this year, we are going to suck until the fall of 2024.

I like Perry but his decision making on the offensive end at times makes it impossible to keep him in - his on ball defense doesn’t make up for it.

But if Perry is told "pass 1st in the paint or you're coming out" he can be effective. He's the only guard that can stop dribble penetration into the paint. If not then the Cards must go Zone 80% of the time

It's gonna be awhile folks. Here is how I see it:
  • The Fed investigation and trials will all be over by Oct 2019.
  • The NCAA will take until the summer of 2020 to rule that UL will be barred from the tourney until 2023.
  • This means we will not recruit well until 2022.
  • Then, UL will be loaded with freshmen in 2022 and be average.
  • UL will finally be what we are used to seeing by the tourney of 2023.
To include this year, we are going to suck until the fall of 2024.

Hey penn state football had it worse and Bill Obrien and James Franklin made a difference. In fact Franklin won a B1G title in 3rd year over Meyer and Harbaugh.
Coach decision is huge at end of the year but it can be done to keep UofL relevant and elite.

You can recover quickly in basketball - we are only an elite coach, a great point guard and dominate 7 footer away. Keep the faith!!!

Padgett is who we have and IMO he's all we're going to get. The FBI investigation will scare off any up and coming coach, and no established coach will want to take on that task.

Might as well settle in for a rough few years or find another team to support. I'm all in on coach Padgett as long as UofL is all in on coach Padgett. Everyone who is bitching about him can just continue to bitch. IDC.

Cue, we will be hiring a new coach in April. While I don’t always agree with everything he writes I think Eric Crawford is about as fair a sports journalist as you’ll find in this area. He stated today that UofL will have NO PROBLEM getting/hiring a new coach.

He knows of a top tier coach that would have left his current position and came on in October! Crawford stated that today on Twitter.

Get off the Padgett juice, last night and the losses we have left sealed the deal. A new era of UofL basketball is just around the corner in April.

Cue, we will be hiring a new coach in April. While I don’t always agree with everything he writes I think Eric Crawford is about as fair a sports journalist as you’ll find in this area. He stated today that UofL will have NO PROBLEM getting/hiring a new coach.

He knows of a top tier coach that would have left his current position and came on in October! Crawford stated that today on Twitter.

Get off the Padgett juice, last night and the losses we have left sealed the deal. A new era of UofL basketball is just around the corner in April.
It's UofL juice more than coach juice. I've always been a die hard UofL fan so whoever is coaching, I'll blindly support. Even a scumbag coach like the last guy if you know what I mean.

Coaching matters. I appreciate DP for all that he's done. I was cheering hard for him. Last night sealed it. He had a week to prepare. I'm not going to bash him. He's simply not the guy.
Sealed it for me too. I was hoping hed workout but now I'm ready to make the move to hire a different coach. Mack got busted by 20 last night.

Who do we go after. I'm still a Mack fan but didn't expect him to get beat by that much

Who was he referring to ? I don't have Twitter

I've decided to join the replace Padgett crusade with all of my heart and soul...

It's not that he's underperformed my expectations because I expected this team to struggle to win 20 games. We're playing and competing about as well as any greenhorn coach in Padgett's situation would do.

It's also not because I'm optimistic that we'll go out and land a great replacement. There's probably never been a worse time to hire a college basketball coach, for sure, not worse at Louisville. Not only do we not know what our future holds, we don't know what the future of the sport or most of the better known coaches holds. I'm not sure who the hell we're supposed to hire.

Which is why I'll be really content to see these clowns go out and try to make lemonade out of lemons. They've done such a great job at that thus far. So get on out there, Vince, and earn that huge paycheck you're making!... :p

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vestavia57

Amen

Save some cases and let a couple of janitor replace the AD and Basketball coach for $75 k per .I am sure the results will be as good. We could save over a million bucks to lower dedt.

Reactions: zipp
With the current BoT we need to hope they want to keep it on a high level. They have not shown this desire so far.

Hey penn state football had it worse and Bill Obrien and James Franklin made a difference

We are not THE state school, with 13 million state fans, the Administration, and state legislature behind us 100%.

This compares apples to lug wrenches.

It's UofL juice more than coach juice. I've always been a die hard UofL fan so whoever is coaching, I'll blindly support. Even a scumbag coach like the last guy if you know what I mean.
Cue,

It looks like it’s you and me that’s only interested in trying to enjoy this team finish the season out. I can see why the team feels that the support is gone for this team. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years to find out there’s not a good fit but yet a lot on this site can judge someone over a handful of games... we have seen these guys play. Anas didn’t gain weight under Pitino, Snider wasn’t an elite PG, King and Adel were me first players last year and Spalding was tentative, but yet one year under CDP was going to solve this? I can’t say that playing for CDP made them worse. We can’t compare what RP would have done, he made sure of that and we don’t know what other coach would have done either. But I’m willing to see AFTER the season has played out to see what our options are. I’m not one of those who doesn’t seem to be happy unless they’re always wanting a new coach, basketball, defensive coordinator, whatever. Like vultures....

Reactions: Cue Card
Padgett is who we have and IMO he's all we're going to get. The FBI investigation will scare off any up and coming coach, and no established coach will want to take on that task.

Might as well settle in for a rough few years or find another team to support. I'm all in on coach Padgett as long as UofL is all in on coach Padgett. Everyone who is bitching about him can just continue to bitch. IDC.

You aren't taking into account what just came out this past week. The FBI situation is nothing that's going to limit us anymore. I've been saying all along, we aren't going to get punished for that.

You aren't taking into account what just came out this past week. The FBI situation is nothing that's going to limit us anymore. I've been saying all along, we aren't going to get punished for that.
TOTALLY agree with you. Look in my post history, I have always said nothing happens to louisville in regards to the FBI thing. Ain't happening. Get past this Katina thing and we are in the clear.

Reactions: CardsHoopsFaninPA
Cue,

It looks like it’s you and me that’s only interested in trying to enjoy this team finish the season out. I can see why the team feels that the support is gone for this team. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years to find out there’s not a good fit but yet a lot on this site can judge someone over a handful of games... we have seen these guys play. Anas didn’t gain weight under Pitino, Snider wasn’t an elite PG, King and Adel were me first players last year and Spalding was tentative, but yet one year under CDP was going to solve this? I can’t say that playing for CDP made them worse. We can’t compare what RP would have done, he made sure of that and we don’t know what other coach would have done either. But I’m willing to see AFTER the season has played out to see what our options are. I’m not one of those who doesn’t seem to be happy unless they’re always wanting a new coach, basketball, defensive coordinator, whatever. Like vultures....
You've got a little bit of company, myself included. I have yet to give up hope and won't. My main complaint about CDP has been his reluctance to cut VJ's time with Deng back. Sutton has some fire and will mix it up on the boards. Nwora can get lost on D, but hustles. Let's play the season out and see what happens. Hopefully Q can get back on track.

I respect Eric Crawford and have no doubt he was told by a quality coach he would take the job. I am quite certain there are others. But can they stand the heat that comes with a top ten program? I've seen two quality coaches fail miserably when put into a situation like ours - Sutton and Massamino - who found out things were different in the spotlight. Explore the market at years end and if we can't get a knockout hire, keep CDP and let him grow.

Reactions: Cue Card
Well i hope you guys have seen enough sample size too realize he is not ready for this level of coaching. Nothing against him but being a former player and passion for the program is not going to cut it. Padgett has alot to learn beginning with defense. He will be alright in a lesser prorgam just needs to go get some serious coaching experience under his belt.
Padgett is not ready for this level of coaching.

Reactions: Vestavia57
Shaka, Marshall, Mack, in that order! Shaka would leave a football school in a split second and be BIG time. Marshall's wife would be comedy against kenSucky every year, and mack would be solid.

Shaka, Marshall, Mack, in that order! Shaka would leave a football school in a split second and be BIG time. Marshall's wife would be comedy against kenSucky every year, and mack would be solid.

Shaka is not proven.

It was until Pitino and refused to take action and Jurich let the girls gone wild crap go on. They left the program in ruins while leaving filthy rich.

Last edited:
It was until Pitino and refused to take action and Jurich let the girls gone wild crap go on. They left the program in ruins while leaving filthy rich.

About to get richer, too, because idiots in charge panicked, and screwed up terms of Pitino's contract while also conjuring bogus reasons to fire Jurich. Unbelievable how badly they handled things.

Reactions: brookstreet
Sealed it for me too. I was hoping hed workout but now I'm ready to make the move to hire a different coach. Mack got busted by 20 last night.

Who do we go after. I'm still a Mack fan but didn't expect him to get beat by that much

For David, I'm still willing to let this season play out but agree it doesn't look good. Not blaming David at all, either.

One of Rick's FF teams got beat by a mediocre Providence team by about 30. At least Mack's Xavier lost to Villanova. It happens. Look more at Mack's body of work and what his teams do with recruiting classes in the 50's-60's. Give him Louisville's resources and watch him soar.

I still want Shaka Smart, if we're going the new coach route. I know his Texas teams have not thrilled, but it's Texas. An exciting, young coach who coaches great defense & effort with an edge - that's Shaka.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
About to get richer, too, because idiots in charge panicked, and screwed up terms of Pitino's contract while also conjuring bogus reasons to fire Jurich. Unbelievable how badly they handled things.
The idiots that screwed up were the three stooges Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey.

You've got a little bit of company, myself included. I have yet to give up hope and won't. My main complaint about CDP has been his reluctance to cut VJ's time with Deng back. Sutton has some fire and will mix it up on the boards. Nwora can get lost on D, but hustles. Let's play the season out and see what happens. Hopefully Q can get back on track.

I respect Eric Crawford and have no doubt he was told by a quality coach he would take the job. I am quite certain there are others. But can they stand the heat that comes with a top ten program? I've seen two quality coaches fail miserably when put into a situation like ours - Sutton and Massamino - who found out things were different in the spotlight. Explore the market at years end and if we can't get a knockout hire, keep CDP and let him grow.
I have no doubt that Crawford was referring if not to Tom Crean then someone with about the same credentials. He wasn’t referring to a current coach who was getting ready to start their season. And maybe Tom Crean May have got 2 more wins? He wasn’t going to make this team a FF team though.

The idiots that screwed up were the three stooges Pitino, Jurich and Ramsey.

So you repeatedly contend. I bet if you polled who were the actual three stooges, folks would be more inclined to say Bevin, Postel, & Grissom. Flock of morons.

These are the original stooges. Anyone else is an imposter. (And there's no question which one is 'Moe'...)

Stooges%2002_zpsqwkhd8pn.jpg

Reactions: brookstreet
These are the original stooges. Anyone else is an imposter. (And there's no question which one is 'Moe'...)

Stooges%2002_zpsqwkhd8pn.jpg
Zipp any way for you to do a side by side of Barnhart and Tyra? Those two look a lot a like.No doubt they have the same interests for uk and UofL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT