ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: The Lackford Rumor Wire:

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
This has been a slow recruiting cycle so far but with the season approaching, the stadium and facility renovations almost complete and one last camp to go it’s time for the rubber to meet the road. I’ve heard a lot of information over the summer from in-state recruits as well as regional prospects.

I’ll start with the in-state players:

Milton Wright:

I believe it will come down to Purdue or Louisville. Alabama has other receivers higher on their board and I think they like him better at safety. I’ve heard from Ohio State sources that the Buckeyes are no longer pursing Wright, so that makes me look dumb because I once upon a time projected him to sign there. Things move fast in this game so you have to keep moving and play catch up. I don’t think Kentucky is in a good spot despite them being in his top-5 because I just don’t hear them come up in conversation. That leaves Purdue and Louisville as the two schools recruiting him at wide receiver and Alabama recruiting him at Safety that I think are left in the mix. From what I have gathered I believe Wright wants to play receiver so while I would never scratch Bama, I think Purdue and Louisville are ahead of the Tide and tied at the top for Wright at the moment.

JJ Weaver:

Weaver has taken official visits to Purdue and Cincinnati so far, an unofficial to Syracuse, and numerous trips to South Floyd and Lexington. From what I’ve heard from other prospects with him on the Purdue visit, the Boilermakers made a very strong impression and they sit in a good spot for him. I’m not saying they lead but they are definitely a serious threat to Kentucky and Louisville. He told me at the Nashville three stripes camp that he wanted to stay close to his mother. The official to Cincinnati says that he wasn’t just shooting the breeze. That being said, I believe his recruitment will come down to Louisville, Purdue, and Kentucky. It’s a wide open race right now and Weaver won’t announce until November 30th.

Jared Casey:

I don’t think Casey is very high on Louisville but his parents are big time fans. I was ready to write Louisville off all together but the fact he will camp tomorrow night makes me think they still have a puncher’s chance. Never write off a local kid, something I learned last year with Jairus Brents but at the moment I don’t see Casey being in Louisville’s class.

Shawnkell Knight-Goff:

I get conflicting reports on Knight-Goff from my sources with both Louisville and Kentucky and I have minimal contact with him directly so I have no idea where he’s going. Gun to my head, I would say UK because he grew up a fan and took a visit there soon after decommitting but that’s just a guess at this point. I’ll be out at Doss soon and hopefully I can get some info out of him.

From the in-state 2020 class:

Vito Tisdale:

The 2020 Bowling Green DB picked up an offer from Oklahoma defensive backs coach Kerry Cooks personally. From what I have heard, Tisdale was on the verge of committing earlier this year but that was squashed by his camp, as his people thought it was too early to commit. I think the Cards still sit high on his list but teams like Tennessee and Oklahoma are going to be serious threats moving forward.

Josh Minkins Jr :

I have confirmed that the Louisville legacy from Ballard will be camping at Light up the Ville in hopes of landing an offer. He looked good at the Kentucky and Cincinnati camps I saw him attend over the summer and if he can replicate his UK performance I can see him earning an offer tonight.

Markeice Warner

Warner is Minkins’ teammate at Ballard. He's a running back from Detroit who just moved to Louisville mid-season last year will camp. Warner is fast and very stout. He’s 5-foot-11, 200-pounds, and ran a sub 4.4 on the watch at a Kentucky summer camp I attended this year. He was offered that day along with Minkins. He also ran a 4.56 on the laser at the Nashville Rivals Combine so his speed is legit. He already camped at a Louisville in June so he is serious about an offer. I’m not sure where he is on Louisville’s board at the moment however, I think they want to see more film but an impressive camp performance may speed the clock.

Izayah Cummings :

The Male WR earned an offer this summer from Louisville and from what I’ve gathered that’s the one he was waiting on and I think the ‘Cards lead.

Oxtavious Oxendine:

I think the ‘Cards, Vols, Ole Miss, and Purdue have Oxendine’s attention at the moment but he has a long way to go. I was never really impressed with his sophomore film but when I saw him at camp in Nashville I thought he lost some bad weight, moved better, and showed some nastiness. I’ll be watching him closely this season because I think he’s on the verge of a breakout. If that happens watch out, he will blow up.

2020 CAL OT John Young is going to Kentucky, I’m confident on that.

Out of State:

Khris Bogle

The big news is that the 2019 four-star DE is on campus today with his teammate Jamari Williams. Bogle told me this on Wednesday but swore me to secrecy.

“Gotta come check it out with my brother (Willaims),” said Bogle.

He told me he’s not camping at Light up the Ville, and that he wouldn’t have camped at any of the other 20-plus schools who were trying to get him on campus this weekend. I’m not saying Louisville is going to sign Bogle, but the fact they were able to beat out a plethora of powerhouses to get him on campus deserves a toast. I was very impressed with Bogle at the Five Star Challenge in Atlanta, in fact he looked like the best pass rusher out there. He would be the highest rated commit in Louisville history but I think he is Miami’s to lose at the moment.

Of course Jamari Williams is still solid with Louisville and at the moment I haven’t heard anything that would suggest any of the current 2019 commits are looking around.

Melvin McBride

The three-star guard told me today that he’s in the midst of planning an official visit to Louisville, preferably for the FSU game. The staff loves him and he is one of the top targets on their board.

2019 corners Adonis Otey, Jordan Clark, and Max Williams are still the top rated players at the position on Louisville’s board. From my intel, Otey is down to Auburn and Louisville. I believe that whichever team pushes the hardest will land him. The problem is that Otey has an MCL injury that will sideline him until mid-season so that may make teams back off. Jordan Clark is from Louisiana and his father is former Steeler safety stalwart Ryan Clark. From our conversations I think Arizona State, Louisville, and Vanderbilt stand out the most. Clark said he plans to visit Louisville and Vandy. He has already taken an official to Arizona State. Watch the visits. Max Williams told the Notre Dame site that he has a top-eleven and unfortunately Louisville didn’t make the cut.

I'll have more updates as they come in and I'll add them to this thread until I create a new wire report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News