ADVERTISEMENT

The ironic Lunacy over in big blew land

Was it not raining on Clemson side of field?[/QUOTE
It is a break because the opponent is typically Top 25 level yet they've fallen so hard they are turning to a walk-on at the most important position on the field to compete in conference game openers.

The fact that the guy that threw 20 passes against your team in the SEC opener for both teams was a walk-on and you stated "USC did not play a walk-on vs UK at QB" says you don't know anything about the personnel of the teams UK plays. I.E. - You are uninformed in regards to what type of schedule UK has played.

The point is USC is at bottom feeding level this year and will have a losing record, thus making the victory over them exactly what I referenced it initially as being - blah.

Their problems point to a piece of what everyone is talking about that you refuse to even consider - the UK schedule is soft, or most certainly has been to this point.

The fact that you can't put this concept together on your own is rather amazing, but not really.

I'm uninformed because I didn't know the backup QB for USC was a walk on? Really, you're going to hang your hat on that? What does that make you then, you keep on implying that UK caught a break in him coming into the game, even though you stated, and I even posted the yardage for each QB showing that the starter did squat in the first half.

I'll agree that USC isn't as good as years past. But Winning a conference road game, in the opponents home opener, after they had beaten P5 team which happens to be that teams only loss is a good win.

Also, one aspect I'm sure you haven't looked at is why USC went to a walk on, or even Connor. Spurrier desperately wanted Drew Barker, but UK also beat them in that battle too. There's a good chance he would be starting for USC right now.

Bill, after five games of data, computers can now better evaluate teams.

Sagirin
Louisville #32 SOS #10
Kentucky #61 SOS #59

Reactions: American Male
Stats do mean something but more down the road than today. There is nothing that stands out stats wise that screams UK is actually better than last years team.

Their offense is average with their running game (106) being bad even though they have played 3 bad run defenses. Not to mention their overall offensive numbers aren't good even with playing 3 bad offenses.

Their defensive numbers aren't much better. They haven't played a good offense yet so their defensive numbers are concerning when the better offenses are in the back half of the schedule.

The good news is their remaining schedule is full of average teams. There are some years where the schedule works in your favor this is one of those years at UK. If they don't win 7 games they that would be a let down considering who they played.

Hats off to UK for beating Missouri at home. Upsets happen all of the time. I think their fans need to be more concerned about how they fared against the likes of ULL and EKU which were also home games. The grind of the season is about to take place and we all know how UK plays down the stretch. Their fans will use the same old tired excuses they do every season of the SEC grind being much tougher than any other conference blah, blah, blah. Now they think Auburn is ripe for the picking, look in the mirror UK fan, any glimmer of respect you earned against Missouri went out the door with EKU. Your still lumped as a bottom feeder with Vandy by your conference mates and the rest of the country. The difference this year is 8 home games has given you the opportunity to reach your ultimate goal of mediocracy of 6 wins to get to a bowl. What a pathetic bunch of losers you are.

When is the awards ceremony for "Most Improved of 2015"? (uk)

Will it be held at the same time as the "Most Disappointing of 2015" are given out? (Auburn, USC2, Mizzou, UT maybe?)

Inquiring minds would like to know.

I wish that we could have a rematch with Auburn with Lamar starting. Oh well...

I'm uninformed because I didn't know the backup QB for USC was a walk on?

Considering he played over half the game against UK, and UK has only played 5 games so far, you are uninformed on the personnel of your opponents. And, in this case specifically, you appear completely oblivious as to how far USC has fallen this year. Orth's existence on the field for extended time illustrates just how bad the problems are @ USC, yet you seem incapable to grasp this elementary point. You pointed to that game as "a road win in the SEC", which tells only part of the story. The rest of the story is it was a nail biting close win on the road in the SEC against a team that will finish under .500 that was pressed into using a walk-on at the most important position on the field in the UK/USC game - the SEC opener for both.

You think it was a good win. The rest of the country, if asked, would tell you it was a win over a bad 4 or 5 win team - because that's what they are going to end up being. Ask their own fans, they are furious.

Your inability to know, and/or "get" this means, you are incapable of providing a credible opinion about SOS's, because you are unfamiliar with the teams UK has even played.

Again, not rocket science, but flying over your head because you are not only not equipped with the information, but it now seems you are also incapable of comprehending the meaning of the information when it is provided to you.

I am using the description uninformed so as to not be insulting. Other people reading your work would describe you in other ways.

In closing, we don't care if you "think" UK has a good team, because - when we read your posts we don't respect your opinions because you don't know a whole lot and at other times you've just "made stuff up" which is hilarious.

Bottom line - UK appears to have an advantageous schedule, so it's real hard to say just how "good" they are, especially at this time - and the fact that you don't get that exposes your ignorance on the topic.

I wish that we could have a rematch with Auburn with Lamar starting. Oh well...
If you recall, RB was moving us very nicely against AU. It was the stupid penalties and fumbles and missed FG that kept us from scoring every possession.

Then, when RB half assed chased the fumble TD it gave CBP the excuse to put LJ in.

I think either one could beat AU in a rematch, but they had nothing for LJ

Stats do mean something but more down the road than today. There is nothing that stands out stats wise that screams UK is actually better than last years team.

Their offense is average with their running game (106) being bad even though they have played 3 bad run defenses. Not to mention their overall offensive numbers aren't good even with playing 3 bad offenses.

Their defensive numbers aren't much better. They haven't played a good offense yet so their defensive numbers are concerning when the better offenses are in the back half of the schedule.

The good news is their remaining schedule is full of average teams. There are some years where the schedule works in your favor this is one of those years at UK. If they don't win 7 games they that would be a let down considering who they played.

I agree that stats will give a clearer picture later in the season.

The running game isn't bad, and it's definitely better than UofL's where a QB is the leading rusher, thats a recipe for disaster.

I understand you guys wanting to downplay UK's schedule, it's what every fanbase does when their rival is doing well. Computer rankings aside, who on Louisville's schedule is better than Florida?
Considering he played over half the game against UK, and UK has only played 5 games so far, you are uninformed on the personnel of your opponents. And, in this case specifically, you appear completely oblivious as to how far USC has fallen this year. Orth's existence on the field for extended time illustrates just how bad the problems are @ USC, yet you seem incapable to grasp this elementary point. You pointed to that game as "a road win in the SEC", which tells only part of the story. The rest of the story is it was a nail biting close win on the road in the SEC against a team that will finish under .500 that was pressed into using a walk-on at the most important position on the field in the UK/USC game - the SEC opener for both.

You think it was a good win. The rest of the country, if asked, would tell you it was a win over a bad 4 or 5 win team - because that's what they are going to end up being. Ask their own fans, they are furious.

Your inability to know, and/or "get" this means, you are incapable of providing a credible opinion about SOS's, because you are unfamiliar with the teams UK has even played.

Again, not rocket science, but flying over your head because you are not only not equipped with the information, but it now seems you are also incapable of comprehending the meaning of the information when it is provided to you.

I am using the description uninformed so as to not be insulting. Other people reading your work would describe you in other ways.

In closing, we don't care if you "think" UK has a good team, because - when we read your posts we don't respect your opinions because you don't know a whole lot and at other times you've just "made stuff up" which is hilarious.

Bottom line - UK appears to have an advantageous schedule, so it's real hard to say just how "good" they are, especially at this time - and the fact that you don't get that exposes your ignorance on the topic.

Haha, That whole post is bunch of garbage came to the conclusion because I didn't know that Orth was a walk on, thats hilarious. You're upset because once again I was right, and you even proved my point. By the very stats I posted from the game it's obvious Connor did nothing in the game, and that the walk on back up that in your mind even though he moved the ball and kick started USC's offense, UK caught a break by him being in.

It was a good win on the road, just like UofL's win over NC ST was a good win on the road, any road conference win is a good win.

Again, just like the rest of your posts, you never really add anything. All you do is try and pick holes, grab the smallest morsel and try to make a meal out of it. The above proves just that, you've latched onto this walk on QB, even though when pointed out with facts that he actually performed MUCH better than the starter, UK somehow still caught a break with him playing.

You might as well quit dancing around the subject, UK has caught UofL in football as of now and you're well aware of it, but still holding out hope. Hey, keep trying to win the argument by putting me down, I don't care, it doesn't change whats taking place.

What's funny is that USC has the exact same record as Louisville, and you call them awful, thats rich.

Sorry bill. But as a UK fan, I can't say we've caught UL in football. We may beat them this year. But we have to get much better. One year cannot erase the past 37 years. UL has erased their past, so they can't even remember the bad ole days

Last edited:
I agree that stats will give a clearer picture later in the season.

The running game isn't bad, and it's definitely better than UofL's where a QB is the leading rusher, thats a recipe for disaster.

I understand you guys wanting to downplay UK's schedule, it's what every fanbase does when their rival is doing well. Computer rankings aside, who on Louisville's schedule is better than Florida?

Haha, That whole post is bunch of garbage came to the conclusion because I didn't know that Orth was a walk on, thats hilarious. You're upset because once again I was right, and you even proved my point. By the very stats I posted from the game it's obvious Connor did nothing in the game, and that the walk on back up that in your mind even though he moved the ball and kick started USC's offense, UK caught a break by him being in.

It was a good win on the road, just like UofL's win over NC ST was a good win on the road, any road conference win is a good win.

Again, just like the rest of your posts, you never really add anything. All you do is try and pick holes, grab the smallest morsel and try to make a meal out of it. The above proves just that, you've latched onto this walk on QB, even though when pointed out with facts that he actually performed MUCH better than the starter, UK somehow still caught a break with him playing.

You might as well quit dancing around the subject, UK has caught UofL in football as of now and you're well aware of it, but still holding out hope. Hey, keep trying to win the argument by putting me down, I don't care, it doesn't change whats taking place.

What's funny is that USC has the exact same record as Louisville, and you call them awful, thats rich.

LPT is have their best year in s long time, while U L is struggling a bit, but getting better. I think the game on 11/28 will be extremely interesting, and we will see if UK has indeed "caught" UL or if they still have some "catching up" to do. I suspect the latter.

LPT is have their best year in s long time, while U L is struggling a bit, but getting better. I think the game on 11/28 will be extremely interesting, and we will see if UK has indeed "caught" UL or if they still have some "catching up" to do. I suspect the latter.

How quickly people forget. UofK started the season at 5-1 last year and finished 5-7. UofK is currently 4-1, and if things turn out the way they normally do, they'll be 6-6 after playing 8 home games. The Cardinals are young after losing a ton of talent to the NFL, but the youngsters are talented too, and like you said, they are putting it together. By the time the end of November rolls around, all the Big Blew Faithful will be focused on basketball, again.

Sorry bill. But as a UK fan, I can't say we've caught UL in football. We may beat them this year. But we have to get much better. One year cannot erase the past 37. UL has erased there past so they can't even remember the bad ole days

I don't mean to imply UK has passed Louisville in past success. I'm speaking for the here and now, just as I posted on here in the summer. UK is trending up, and Louisville is trending down.

How quickly people forget. UofK started the season at 5-1 last year and finished 5-7. UofK is currently 4-1, and if things turn out the way they normally do, they'll be 6-6 after playing 8 home games. The Cardinals are young after losing a ton of talent to the NFL, but the youngsters are talented too, and like you said, they are putting it together. By the time the end of November rolls around, all the Big Blew Faithful will be focused on basketball, again.

I think Louisville has a good team, better than the record shows. The road win at NC ST was a good win, not only was it a W but you're young team will gain confidence from it.

I think the game in Lexington will be close, what scares me about the game is that Petrino can use either Jackson or Bolin. UK struggles when a different QB comes in.

Is that a serious post? "Barely lost." That refrain has played for 60 yrs and he's using it as some evidence that his team is on the upswing. What attention is it that you're getting that we're supposed to be jealous of.

Sorry bill. But as a UK fan, I can't say we've caught UL in football. We may beat them this year. But we have to get much better. One year cannot erase the past 37 years. UL has erased their past, so they can't even remember the bad ole days

TRUST us...We remember the 3 years after Howard...And the 3 years after Bobby (1)...That 6 years set us back 12 years Total...Exposure, preception, recruting etc...

:cool:

FieldstoneWarrier the question was asked because WKU was kicking uakay's butt. I do believe that they will be back on our schedule fairly soon. At least a helluva lot sooner than they will be back on the cayuts schedule, i.e. EKU also.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
0-6
2-4
3-3
1-5
2-4
1-5
2-5
2-5
3-4
0-7
2-6
4-4
0-8
2-6
3-5
2-6
4-4
4-4
0-8
1-7
3-5
1-7
1-7
2-6
4-4
3-5
2-6
3-5
2-6
2-6
0-8
0-8
2-6

Whats all that bill. The cayuts conference records since 1977. Your eyes dont deceive you. Not one
winning record. Thats called consistentcy. A leopard cannot change its spots. uofk football blows.
Always has-always will.

Funny....UK has a 14-13 record against UL all time.....so if UK football has always "Blowed"....then where does that put UL program?

Damn you got us there! Can't argue with those big wins pre WW I

Let's look at the whole picture...not just some of the picture that you want to use to make your point...I simply just stated what the facts are....the series record...UK leads....

Yeah, talk about remembering the good 'ole days. Please let us discuss the MODERN day series not the days when football was simply a "club" sport at UofL. Also, let us remember that the first four games in the MODERN series were played in CWS of which we won two of them with even the incredible Ron Cooper getting a couple of his wins. :p Were you tailgating at those "first" games? :D

Yes...Let's summarize...Uk 14-13 all time against UL....PERIOD!!!!!!
Yes they are.

I'm glad you are computer savvy at your age since 6 of those wins came when the team traveled by bus or train.

Glad you can remember those.

No surprise really I guess. You remember those BB titles from the same era. :rolleyes:

Or by horse/mule drawn wagon. :rolleyes:

Yes they are.

I'm glad you are computer savvy at your age since 6 of those wins came when the team traveled by bus or train.

Glad you can remember those.

No surprise really I guess. You remember those BB titles from the same era. :rolleyes:

Oh...so it's ok to go back to 1977...and let's use those numbers to validate your point that UL football program is sooo far above UK....I'am just stating the fact that the overall series is 14-13....now with that being said...in the last 10 years...I would say UL has had the better football program...but it is not as far as part as UL fans like to say that it is....Just last year it was a very competitive game...and not for a for sure dropped interception late in the 4th quarter...UK wins that ball game...but we didn't...UL did....44-40....Stoops and company are making big strides...UL fans can't deny that....and again this year...will be a very interesting game at your house...This UK fan is just glad that we are seeing some winning football right now...and taking it week to week for now....with more progress as we keep recruiting like we have been doing, with the hopes are becoming more consistent year after year.

Oh...so it's ok to go back to 1977...and let's use those numbers to validate your point that UL football program is sooo far above UK....I'am just stating the fact that the overall series is 14-13....now with that being said...in the last 10 years...I would say UL has had the better football program...but it is not as far as part as UL fans like to say that it is....Just last year it was a very competitive game...and not for a for sure dropped interception late in the 4th quarter...UK wins that ball game...but we didn't...UL did....44-40....Stoops and company are making big strides...UL fans can't deny that....and again this year...will be a very interesting game at your house...This UK fan is just glad that we are seeing some winning football right now...and taking it week to week for now....with more progress as we keep recruiting like we have been doing, with the hopes are becoming more consistent year after year.

He really did just play the moral victory card. You do know we dropped a sure pick 6 don't you turd? You got 3 and we missed on 7. If we just convert that we win 51-37. And don't forget BP decided not to "punch it in on you mfers" at the end. That still pisses me off

Reactions: KerryRhodes

Hell...Let's go back to when UK had Bear Bryant...65 years ago...How many WINNING Season...WITHOUT CHEATING...Has UK had in football...SINCE???

With ALL the Prestige and MONEY UK has gotten by being part of the SEC...How many SEC Conference Titles has UK...WITHOUT CHEATING...Won...Since the Bear Bryant Era???

UK, which ESTABLISHED a Football Program approx. 25+ years before Louisville even fielded a team..."A GYM Team"...Went 6-0 against that Louisville Gym Team...CON-FUGGIN-GRATS...Since then...The LAST 21 years...Louisville is 13-8 against UK!!!

Since Howard came to Louisville...Louisville has been the MUCH BETTER FOOTBALL PROGRAM...A Fiesta, Orange and Sugar Bowl PROVE that...So do the NUMEROUS Conference Titles from the conferences that Louisville WON, and that UK COULD NOT HAVE!!!

Last year, Louisville GIFTED UK 27 points off 5 turnovers, and DROPPED a PICK-6 of it's own on UK's LAST scorning drive...You're were LUCKY to even be in the game!!!

SPIN THAT!!!

:cool:

Of course you bring up '77 because of BB. (The main reason you have terrible FB BTW)

But going to '94 when the State Legislature FORCED you to start playing us again the record is UL 13 uk 8 for a 38% winning rate.

And for the record? Your all time winning percentage in the $EC is 31%

So, since the renewal, we are whipping on a level nearly consistent with you conference mates. :D

Oh and by the way, will the cayuts stage a fight during the warm-ups again this year at CWS like they did last year at PJCS? Don't be surprised if the Cards don't come out of the locker room until right before kickoff. That would be the best possible scenario for me. You REALLY need to take a look at the stats from last year's game and you'll see that our turnovers were a major gift to uselessakay and that we still kicked your butts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT