ADVERTISEMENT

The Entire NFL is here for Louisville Pro Day

Feb 19, 2003
Big Statement about the health of the Program and something the staff can/will use in it Recruiting pitch...I know some don't like the NFL but for the Players that is the ultimate goal...to play on Sunday's...

Louisville/NFL

As one of those who "don't like the NFL", I can clarify my position a little...

I don't like most pro sports, not the NFL specifically. The reason is I don't like the entitlement mentality of its participants, nor the character of many pro athletes. I'm not picking on pro football.

I don't like that it's a job in which--esp. in the case of the NBA and maybe MLB--the "workers" most of the time punch a clock to get a paycheck. The objective is to play at two-thirds or three-quarters speed and get to the postseason.

But I understand that it's the gold at the end of the rainbow for our players. Otherwise, many of them wouldn't even be here at U of L. So, even fans like me have to support it to the extent that it benefits our current and future players.

According to the Early Birds, we had 18 players work out for 80 NFL reps., with every team in the NFL represented. And something that I really, really liked was that there were a TON of former UofL players there to support our guys. I love that about this staff, welcoming back former players to be a part of the current program. Very cool.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
According to the Early Birds, we had 18 players work out for 80 NFL reps., with every team in the NFL represented. And something that I really, really liked was that there were a TON of former UofL players there to support our guys. I love that about this staff, welcoming back former players to be a part of the current program. Very cool.
The 10 from the NFL Combine plus Dyer over at Manual...It is Fantastic news for the Program...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT