ADVERTISEMENT

The Deener Show

Sultan__of__Swine

15000+
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
I have not heard an update on Drew Deener since he made the news last week. Wondering what his status is these days. Hopefully he is getting some professional help. One of his regular guest, John Boel of WAVE 3 went through a similar situation with a public DUI and finally got himself sober and back on tv.

This morning on his radio show I was shocked to hear Vince Tyra on the air with Mark Blankenbaker. Tyra from what I could tell was a cohost, not just a guest for a segment. I caught the 8:00am segment where they began to discuss the hiring of Chris Mack. That had to be super awkward to be discussing with Tyra in the room, but he didn't seemed phased by it at all. He said that he has had conversations where he has been told that Mack could land a Power 5 job now if he wanted one. Tyra said that when they evaluated Mack they looked at all kind of metrics, he specifically said they studied how he performed in close scoring games under 2:00 left. Evidently, the stats showed Mack did very well in those situations.

I didn't get to hear much more of the show, but I think its pretty remarkable that an AD that stepped down during a timeframe when the basketball program was nose diving is on a sports show discussing the athletic department he used to lead 3 months earlier and the coach he hired who was essentially fired one month ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News