ADVERTISEMENT

The Board and Bevin

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
The effect of Gov Bevin nuking normal processes and seating this board is displayed in full effect. Grissom is Bevin's attack dog and he bit when the athletics dept gave him the chance. Very sad that zero yes votes for termination answered questions. A lack of transparency will only make this situation fester longer.

Last edited:
Yell whatever EW it be a valid statement if they were going to go up east of i-64 and air all the inside dirty laundry their also. They are protected by Frankfort plain and simple!

Reactions: American Male
You need to do some research on this topic. A lot of things where going south fast on the previous board.

They were leaking confidential board meeting info to Matt Jones among other things. They were not appointed correctly as far as their political make up and other requirements.

All of the spending that took place had to be approved. All contracts signed had to be approved.

No one ever took the time to research the parliamentary procedures and what took place.

By the way, some of the scrutiny over real estate had to do with the development of Shelby Campus - Churchill Downs Corporate HQ. But no one ever disclosed that or a lot of other aspects of what took place.

Only a lot of statements of scrutiny without the full story.

I think Bevin genuinely liked Tom and did what he thought was best. We will not be able to know what the right/wrong decision is/was in this case until 10-15 years down the road.

The board and Postel did not cause this FBI investigation. There were already issues, mainly with Ramsey, that they wanted to clean up.

I think they wanted to keep Tom before all of this, but they were butting heads. The Yum Center lease was the first conflict they had, they wanted more control and Tom did not want to give up his autonomy. There was definetly friction. Tom backing Rick to no end combined with the friction...it just led to a perfect storm with the FBI coming in and taking Rick down.

This FBI thing sucks. We had issues the last 2 years, but this was just so shocking. Changes needed to be made...and we all are looking for someone to blame like the Board, Tom, Postel, Rick, even Bobby struggling on the football field...

I hope Dr. Postel and this Board hire the right people, the jury is still out on them. I won't pile on now, but they better know the scrutiny they are under. Tom going sucks, but what he built is still here and we are Louisville First and a Cardinal Forever.

Finally we have leadership who is willing to clean up the corruption, financial boondoggles, athletic embarrassment, overpaid top administration, and foundation mess. We are all grateful for that. Move forward! Go Cards!

Completely agree...it is now a fresh start and the university can move forward

There was nothing documented that the "old" Board and administration did wrong except lack transparency. You don't $hitcan people for that.

What the "old' guys did have that the new power brokers didn't like was (a) control over money the new guys wanted, and (b) power and credibility. Too much of both.

And there's zero evidence that the new guys are one iota better performance-wise; in fact, they're probably much worse because their predecessors were so damned effective. Grissom, Postel, and Tyra will probably fall on their faces, and as with the arena, I'll be here chronicling all of it.

The New U of L: Scary $hit...

This stuff really started rolling down hill coinciding with the Karen Sypher mess. This was a bad example to young people like Mc Gee who apparently thought there was an anything goes atmosphere and an atmosphere of condoned nonsense and irresponsibility. Problems with certain players and problems with financial shenanigans, greed and nepotism were highlighted with the foundation and addidas. More attention should have been given to hitting close shots and free throws in close games which is contributing to overall frustration over losses in critical tournament games. Papa John was right about the situation and we are all grateful for the corrective action taken in the wake of NCAA and FBI and foundation problems.

This stuff really started rolling down hill coinciding with the Karen Sypher mess. This was a bad example to young people like Mc Gee who apparently thought there was an anything goes atmosphere and an atmosphere of condoned nonsense and irresponsibility. Problems with certain players and problems with financial shenanigans, greed and nepotism were highlighted with the foundation and addidas. More attention should have been given to hitting close shots and free throws in close games which is contributing to overall frustration over losses in critical tournament games. Papa John was right about the situation and we are all grateful for the corrective action taken in the wake of NCAA and FBI and foundation problems.
You forgot to mention the effect the 60s hippie drug counter culture had on the situation - lol.

Eatwood says - “2+2=22”

Reactions: Cue Card and zipp

We are grateful? One, speak for yourself. It has yet to be seen if Jurich’s departure was the right move or not. Although the Karen Sypher was a bad example you have no way of knowing if that’s why McGee did what he did.. that was an assumption by you and a big stretch if you ask me. Third, and I’ve heard you post this before and it’s complete BS. Nepotism? First, because Adidas hired Jurich’s daughter that is not nepotism or anything close. This might be a shock but lots of people help get friends and relatives jobs through their connections. If you don’t do that or understand how that works you’re darn naive. So, you can preach to someone else about how big a Cards fan you are I don’t buy it. In my book you’re a polecat.

This could be the dreaded Grover from the UK boards.

We are grateful? One, speak for yourself. It has yet to be seen if Jurich’s departure was the right move or not. Although the Karen Sypher was a bad example you have no way of knowing if that’s why McGee did what he did.. that was an assumption by you and a big stretch if you ask me. Third, and I’ve heard you post this before and it’s complete BS. Nepotism? First, because Adidas hired Jurich’s daughter that is not nepotism or anything close. This might be a shock but lots of people help get friends and relatives jobs through their connections. If you don’t do that or understand how that works you’re darn naive. So, you can preach to someone else about how big a Cards fan you are I don’t buy it. In my book you’re a polecat.

Jurich's son was on the payroll, working for Ramsey. ($700K yr) I think that fits into the parameters of nepotism.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT