ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Mitch Barnhart ....

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
You SHOULD have hired Bobby Petrino.

Had you done so, YOU would have a team being rebuilt in it's third year, with Lamar Jackson as it's QB. YOUR program would be in the top 5, with a Heisman trophy candidate. And in a weakened SEC, YOUR school would be in position to win it's first SEC title in ... Jesus, forever (closing in on Tulane's SEC number of football titles btw).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

As a Cardinal football fan, that thought is nausea inducing.

So from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU.

Keep on, keepin' on, Mitchy boy! You're doing a bang up job!

Look, they're winning the right way in Lexington and that's all that matters. Forget Claude Bassett and Hal Mumme, forget they are Top 5 in arrests. They are 'moral'.

Reactions: Cue Card

Had you done so, YOU would have a team being rebuilt in it's third year, with Lamar Jackson as it's QB. YOUR program would be in the top 5, with a Heisman trophy candidate. And in a weakened SEC, YOUR school would be in position to win it's first SEC title in ... Jesus, forever (closing in on Tulane's SEC number of football titles btw).

thankful mitch is a complete moron.

No, CBP wouldn't be doing anything special up there.

They'd have found a way to stifle him. They do it to everybody.

They're a BB school and have NO desire to be anything else.

And that's why CBP would have just said "no" had they offered.

I have to believe CBP would have given a resounding "**** NO!" if the he was ever offered a job in Lexghanistan. I can't envision him ever willing to wear UK blue. Big Bubba Nation made up this entire story just to make themselves feel better about how much they suck. I doubt he was ever in serious consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkdcoach
Keep feeding SuCk the BS. CBP was never ever going to SuCk. Wasn't going to happen but if it makes them feel better they can think that. If all you have is a thread I guess you'll hang on to it.

Been hearing all this stuff about Barnheart not hiring Petrino. Really? I could not imagine Petrino ever, ever taking the UK job, not even for millions. Matt Jones is claiming Petrino was lobbying for the job. He Hates Big Blue. Always has, always will!

Been hearing all this stuff about Barnheart not hiring Petrino. Really? I could not imagine Petrino ever, ever taking the UK job, not even for millions. Matt Jones is claiming Petrino was lobbying for the job. He Hates Big Blue. Always has, always will!

Thankfully, we don't have to see if that would have ever happened.

There was a day where NOONE would have believed Rick Pitino would have been U of L's basketball coach either.

But this much is true --- had Mitch offered, and Petrino had accepted (maybe he would, or maybe he wouldn't), but had Petrino accepted -- THEY would be in the top 5 right now, and Lamar Jackson would be wearing blue.

It must REALLY suck to be a UahK football fan. :D

Look, they're winning the right way in Lexington and that's all that matters. Forget Claude Bassett and Hal Mumme, forget they are Top 5 in arrests. They are 'moral'.

You should have puts quotes around winning when you said they're "winning" the right way. The concept of winning has a unique meaning when is comes to them.

Thankfully, we don't have to see if that would have ever happened.

There was a day where NOONE would have believed Rick Pitino would have been U of L's basketball coach either.

But this much is true --- had Mitch offered, and Petrino had accepted (maybe he would, or maybe he wouldn't), but had Petrino accepted -- THEY would be in the top 5 right now, and Lamar Jackson would be wearing blue.

It must REALLY suck to be a UahK football fan. :D

I'll agree in part. If Petrino had gone there then they would be performing a lot better now. That being said it is a completely different University, one can't say every recruit that went to Louisville would have gone to Kentucky. They'd probably have many different recruits. Jackson even said Teddy was one of the reasons he came here. We can't assume he'd have signed with uk or any other recruit. He'd get good recruits but I don't think we can just say every recruit at UofL would have been at Kentucky.

.... Jackson even said Teddy was one of the reasons he came here. We can't assume he'd have signed with uk or any other recruit. He'd get good recruits but I don't think we can just say every recruit at UofL would have been at Kentucky.

Perhaps .... But Lamar Thomas would have been on Bobby's staff, and the bond that Lamar Thomas had with Lamar Jackson and his high school coach is what counted the most in the recruitment. Using Teddy during the selling process is what they did here. And it is easy to grab onto that when a high school kid is justifying his decision to go play for the coaches you like and trust. I am sure they would have done something else while at UK to land Lamar Jackson.

And it is much more fun to stick it LPT fans with the knowledge that they most likely WOULD HAVE Lamar Jackson too .... Since their message boards are pining away for a QB LIKE him now.

the morons at the basketball and rifle academy of lessington is going to offer art briles the job after talking about morals.
It's going to be a very expensive offer if they actually do that. Thanks to the inept Mitch Brainfart, he's locked in Stoops to a long term deal which will cost the UofK millions just to get rid of him. Then on top of that, Briles won't be coaching for under 4 million a year. I know UofK thinks they have unlimited funds, but that's not true. Getting rid of Brainfart should be UofK's next move since he's a disaster of an AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT