ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Fires Chris Beard

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Texas head coach Chris Beard was fired Thursday, less than one month after the school suspended him without pay following his arrest on a domestic family violence charge.

Associate head coach Rodney Terry, who has been the acting head coach since Beard's suspension, will remain in charge the rest of the season.

Longhorns athletic director Chris Del Conte released a statement Thursday afternoon announcing the decision.

"The University of Texas has parted ways with Chris Beard," he said. "This has been a difficult situation that we've been diligently working through. Today I informed Mr. Beard of our decision to terminate him effective immediately.

I just read an article listing the top 10 possible coaches for the Texas job and Pitino wasn’t listed but Calipari was.

I just read an article listing the top 10 possible coaches for the Texas job and Pitino wasn’t listed but Calipari was.
Just all depends on who's list you look at. Several on Twitter were listing Pitino.. I doubt he would go there but it's better than where he is.

Whoever placed Cal on that list, but failed to include Pitino lost any credibility. It is possible that Pitino might be a stretch for those in Austin, but there is no one in Austin thinking Cal is a candidate.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT