ADVERTISEMENT

Take a Ride on this train of thought leading to a former cardinal kicker...

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
So last month we had a flood at one of our rental properties where the entire laminate flooring needed to be replaced asap and thankfully my wife was fb friends with a co-worker from the old Oldenberg brewery in DuPont who now runs a flooring business. He helped us once before and came thru like a champ getting new floors in asap. in the process of working out all the install details and stuff, it came up that over one of the weekends he was going to be busy doing best man duties for his brother's wedding and he'd be on the golf course that friday morning and thus he might not be able to reply as easily if needed.

of course i asked him where he was playing, said i hadn't picked up the sticks in over a decade, and he said he was a member out at neville meade, i;ve played there once, and if i was interested, he usually plays sunday mornings with a running group of guys where an open spot tends to come up. i said awesome and hadn't thought about it since then.

but this morning as i am reading the courier journal online, they have an article ranking the top 5 private and public courses in the state and neville meade is on that list. Being the curious person i am, i wanted to know how much does a membership cost there and is it worth is at all if i ever got back into the game. in finding the membership page i read over everything and then in the upper right corner there is a News & Specials box and the first item listed is "– Congratulations to Klaus Wilmsmeyer! 2024 Memorial Day Tournament Champion!"

and i said i know a klaus wilmsmeyer from somewhere but just couldn't remember where from but a quick bing search and viola, our former place kicker who holds the school record for longest FG at 59 yards and super bowl winner with the 49er's as a punter was club tourney winner. so congrats to Klaus!!! still stroking them down the middle!

I play nevel a lot and the pro has that place rocking!! Almost too much as it has become difficult to get a tee time and is a little slow for my liking. Their memberships are VERY reasonable and it comes with 2 week out tee times.
Kickers are good golfers.....funny how that works

I remember that guy. I think Schnelly found him somewhere in Canada. I remember him kicking in old Cardinal stadium, and i still don't think i've seen a guy kick a ball as far as he could. We sat under the canopy, and the sound would actually echo under there. It sounded like a mining company was blasting. We might not have been a great team in those days, but the kicking game was not one of the problems.

Reactions: glassmanJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT