ADVERTISEMENT

Strong Fires two "O" assistants.

Ole' Charles is good at showing people the door. I have a feeling we'd have been doing the same for him if had stayed around a few more years. I appreciate what he did for the program, but the guy often made coaching decisions that just left you wondering if he had any clue what he was doing. Teddy covered his tracks so much, Charlie should donate half the money he's making at Texas to a charity of TB's choice.

I appreciate what Strong did here. I'm glad he moved on as some 5-6 loss seasons would arrive if he stayed. Teddy meant more to coach Strong's over-all record than most realize. We were fortunate to be able to bring coach Petrino back in the fold. In a couple more seasons we will forget coach Strong, but never Teddy.

Yes, I know what Petrino did for the CARDS before and will again but don't put Charlie Strong down, as he is a very good
H.C. and will show it in the next few years. I am disappointed he left the Ville, but am grateful Petrino was there to come back when he did.

Originally posted by pervisl:
I appreciate what Strong did here. I'm glad he moved on as some 5-6 loss seasons would arrive if he stayed. Teddy meant more to coach Strong's over-all record than most realize. We were fortunate to be able to bring coach Petrino back in the fold. In a couple more seasons we will forget coach Strong, but never Teddy.
This is so stupid
flush.r191677.gif

I will remember the job that Teddy and Charlie did to make our program competitive again and put us back into the top 25.

I agree, KerryRhodes. Time for people to give Strong his due and wish him well. I'm focused on the Cards, but I will keep pulling for CCS in Texas.

Actually Strong was pretty loyal to his staff at UL. The only guy I can remember being sent packing was his first OC and hw was replaced mid season year one. These guys seem to be Texas guys he felt were needed in year 1. The WR coach was a Mack Brown assistant and the TE coach was a Former Texas player. Guess they never bought in.

This post was edited on 1/3 2:59 AM by ville 77

If Texas gives him time they will be a football juggernaut in the next few years, he is a heck of a coach wish him the best he deserves it.

Why? He won at Louisville, and he is at a place now were he is surrounded by high school talent. He will recruit and the most important thing surround himself with a staff that will allow him to win, hence the latest firings. Really he done you guys a favor he was never gonna be able to continue to recruit his type of players to Louisville and Petrino has already proven he can win there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT