ADVERTISEMENT

Strippers versus a decade of Cover Up?

Sawyer

1500+
Aug 3, 2001
Seriously, how do we get stripped of a Final Four and a Championship for having paid entertainers (in a campus dorm) that took place without the knowledge of our administration when it looks like the entire athletic staff and university administrators at Michigan State have been covering up far worse sexual crimes against children and female students for over a decade?

Damn, I hope this insanity may work in our favor. How does the NCAA unload on us with this bombshell exploding?

Reactions: American Male
It's one thing to have immoral acts of a former assistant coach jeopardize our program and accomplishments, but watching what is unfolding at Michigan State is sicker than sick. People who enabled that monster need to be held accountable too. That includes President Mark Emmett. If he knew and did nothing then he needs to go to prison too.

And Penn St covered up sexual assault of little boys and they kept all of their wins.

We had a roque assistant but fully cooperated with the NCAA and get hammered.

I haven't followed the MSU story at all. Don't even care. Doesn't change anything about Louisville's impending doom.

The way this is heading this could be really bad for the NCAA. The MSU situation coupled with the apparel contract fiasco; does the NCAA have control of anything. They punish with inconsistency and now they’ve looked past sexual assault, for 10 years in both MSU BB and FB programs. Wow. It might not immediately but we need to pursue legal action.

The bad example to young people started the downhill slide with the Karen Sypher mess.

While I understand that the NCAA old boys network is always going to hammer us as the upstart while giving the old line schools a pass, Pitino's antics at Porcini's certainly primed the pump in terms of image. The $2 hookers unfortunately just tied right into it.

Reactions: eastwood45789
The way this is heading this could be really bad for the NCAA. The MSU situation coupled with the apparel contract fiasco; does the NCAA have control of anything. They punish with inconsistency and now they’ve looked past sexual assault, for 10 years in both MSU BB and FB programs. Wow. It might not immediately but we need to pursue legal action.

My question is has that dog ever caught its tail.

Seriously, how do we get stripped of a Final Four and a Championship for having paid entertainers (in a campus dorm) that took place without the knowledge of our administration when it looks like the entire athletic staff and university administrators at Michigan State have been covering up far worse sexual crimes against children and female students for over a decade?

Damn, I hope this insanity may work in our favor. How does the NCAA unload on us with this bombshell exploding?
That is easy for the NCAA to answer. One situation is related to impermissible recruiting benefits and the other isn't. To me, the UNC situation is more relevant because it would seem to me that any player that took phony classes should be declared ineligible for those semesters since the classes were not legit and constituted academic fraud. That is where UNC should be forfeiting games and probably championships. The NCAA spent years trying to figure out a way not to punish UNC which was obviously the kind of treatment we did not receive. While the MSU guy is scum, it is not relevant to us.

I disagree. The NCAA deemed our players ineligible thus the vacating of wins. There is a long long list of incidents, some involve rape, assault etc on women yet no one was suspended a single game. Heck they wasn't even charged with a crime because of all the cover ups. I realize our case was mainly about money being a "benefit" but if escaping any type of criminal charges is not a "benefit" I don't know what is. You have to remember there is like 50 cases of this stuff, not just a couple of people.

Reactions: cardfaninmemphis

The MSU stuff is horrible and I'm sure all involved will pay.

Regarding UL...someone on our staff paid for hookers and strippers for HS kids. PAID FOR HOOKERS AND STRIPPERS FOR HS KIDS. We deserve any punishment we get. As does anyone involved at MSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT