ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops didn’t get the FSU job

Mark Ennis

2500+
Apr 17, 2014
Per FSU’s 247 site Mark Stoops interviewed for the job in Cincinnati but was not offered the job and apparently no longer considers himself a candidate. He reportedly is telling other people that FSU is “big game hunting”. Who that might be is a mystery.

I’ve heard from one person I trust (but admittedly FSU is doing a decent job using the firm to keep everyone in the dark) that FSU is trying very hard to pluck Brian Kelly. As of now, it’s a mystery. I remain unable to even fathom who would be a great fit for the job. Especially given FSU’s lame duck AD making the hire. If they’re truly intent on a big name, James Franklin might be looking for a way to get out from under Ohio State as well.

If I was Coburn, I’d be trying to get Mario Cristobal after this playoff run but I feel as though he might be hard to sell as FSU brass are sour on Oregon dudes.

In the meantime, there’s no denying that Mark Stoops staying at UK is a win for them. It appears they’re going to get bowl eligible today and finish with a flurry for what might be his best recruiting class at Kentucky. Maybe we’re about to enter the best years of the football rivalry where both teams are actually good AND hate each other instead of just the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News