ADVERTISEMENT

Stole this from Bozich. Ranking last night's NIT crowds.

Some of this may be the fact that we’re playing a team that is only an hour and a half away from us. That definitely did us some favors.

Yep...they brought hundreds of fans. Hundreds.
Also Cats fans... but in fairness they didn’t do many crowd shots. So maybe it was a majority of U of L fans. They kept the camera on that one NKU guy’s mom for like 50% of the crowd shots.

There were a little over 100 NKU fans there, most were behind the NKU bench, some were scattered around but not more than 150 I would say. Very little blue in there [at least in their colors]. Vast majority of that crowd were loud and proud Cards fans who usually dont get a chance to see the team in person. Great crowd!

Reactions: Guardman
Despite the naysayers ("I will take us years to come back,etc.") the crowd last night made a statement to the nation ! :D

Despite the naysayers ("I will take us years to come back,etc.") the crowd last night made a statement to the nation ! :D
Lets not get too carried away now. We have yet to feel the full brunt of the sanctions and losing top notch recruits. We had 2 five star kids decommit and now are looking elsewhere, and nobody is on the 2018 commit list. We don't know who is going to transfer out (if anyone), and we don't have a permanent coach.

It just might take years to come back. More than likely it will.

Shh. Don't ruin the narrative that Jurich would have done it better.
LOL... Jurich wouldn't been in this tournament.

636424434186400066-tom-jurich-2.jpg

Reactions: BPGhost
The only way we get through this period quickly is to make a top notch hire. I love DP but we need some sizzle. A top 5 coach hire will heal a lot of wounds. Somebody better be buying coach Billy D. a dinner.

STL in denial.

The 2005 team lost players in four key positions... Garcia, Myles, O'Bannon, and George. 2006 was known to be a rebuilding year when the season started. Louisville was nowhere near the Top 25 when the season started.

You go to the NIT when you're trying to rebuild, not when a clown show is still trying to tear you down and fans have hit the exits. But then, how would this guy know that?...

Screen-Shot-2017-10-03-at-5.34.36-PM.png

Reactions: CommodoreCard
STL in denial.

The 2005 team lost players in four key positions... Garcia, Myles, O'Bannon, and George. 2006 was known to be a rebuilding year when the season started. Louisville was nowhere near the Top 25 when the season started.

You go to the NIT when you're trying to rebuild, not when a clown show is still trying to tear you down and fans have hit the exits. But then, how would this guy know that?...

Pre-season #7

Reactions: STLNBSE
STL in denial.

I like his blew tie.

Very youkay'esque.

Clowns. Glad you guys have the decisive vote on which teams play in the NIT and which do not. Who did this team lose? Oh yeah, Donnie Utah. The very best NBA talent RP produced. Don't let your love of Tommy blind you too much. You clearly aren't fans of the university.

Clowns. Glad you guys have the decisive vote on which teams play in the NIT and which do not. Who did this team lose? Oh yeah, Donnie Utah. The very best NBA talent RP produced. Don't let your love of Tommy blind you too much. You clearly aren't fans of the university.

Hey, Marques, Suntan Tyra signed the deal to play in the NIT last week. Even an idiot radio personality like yourself should know so much.

Hey, Marques, Suntan Tyra signed the deal to play in the NIT last week. Even an idiot radio personality like yourself should know so much.
Lol...why do you keep calling me Marques? Further, why would you be calling out Maybin? A guy who is wheelchair bound and one of our all time leading scorers? Loser much?

Lol...why do you keep calling me Marques? Further, why would you be calling out Maybin? A guy who is wheelchair bound and one of our all time leading scorers? Loser much?

Nah, just responding to the idiot brigade in this thread.

Loser is the jackwad who trashes the guy who built this University from the ground up and who got us in the ACC.

Not only are you a loser, you're dumber than owl shiat. But what do you expect from some sap who supports the clown show on Floyd Street.

Nah, just responding to the idiot brigade in this thread.

Loser is the jackwad who trashes the guy who built this University from the ground up and who got us in the ACC.

Not only are you a loser, you're dumber than owl shiat. But what do you expect from some sap who supports the clown show on Floyd Street.

I'll let your comments speak to your intelligence. And how exactly would calling me Marques be a response to the "loser brigade" in this thread? Bizarre.

You are a Tommy Boy. Cute. I get it. But don't assume everyone has forgotten that Howard Scnellenberger and Denny Crum paved the way for what Louisville athletics were allowed to evolve into. Further, have a little self-respect. You think a school that packs 10 k into a crappy NIT game under the worst conditions possible doesn't owe its success to the fans?

Returned Preseason Wooden Award Nominee in Senior Taquan Dean. Returned Rivals 2nd Team Freshman All American, and the “next Jamal Mashburn” in Sophomore Juan Palacios. Returned Junior and part time starter in Brandon Jenkins. Returned 3rd year Sophomore Transfer, and former McDonalds and Parade All American in David Padgett. Yeah the cupboard was bare.

Preseason #7 in AP Poll
Preseason #8 in Coaches Poll

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fredburgcard
Louisville has a terrific fan base and at some point will start coming back when the University gets new leadership in place. The truth is all the Louisville fans have ever wanted is to win and win without cheating. It is one of the reasons Pitino was admired by every University he coached. He did it cleanly. His teams were better than the individuals. It really was a sense of pride to say Louisville did it right.

That all changed in the last 4 to 5 years, it doesn't matter if Pitino didn't know the program is viewed as a program that cheats. This fan base is struggling with that reality.

The Jurich factor is in play too. I don't think most fans associate cheating with Jurich. Fans are mad because Louisville basketball is viewed as cheaters and that Jurich is gone. That is really tough for a fan base that really does love their college team.

Reactions: Mayoman
I will say again what I have said many times...

The University is mired in negativity. We have an interim President, an interim AD and an interim basketball coach. This paves the way for conjecture and negativity ,especially on a forum like this. As soon as permanent hires are made in these positions we can learn about the vision the new leaders have for the University . Only then will supporters look toward the future and what can be. Until that happens we are literally stuck at the end point of the past few years embarrasments.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Returned Preseason Wooden Award Nominee in Senior Taquan Dean. Returned Rivals 2nd Team Freshman All American, and the “next Jamal Mashburn” in Sophomore Juan Palacios. Returned Junior and part time starter in Brandon Jenkins. Returned 3rd year Sophomore Transfer, and former McDonalds and Parade All American in David Padgett. Yeah the cupboard was bare.

Preseason #7 in AP Poll
Preseason #8 in Coaches Poll
False narrative. His chances were limited, but Jurich never was embroiled in the controversial decision that Tyra muffed--accepting an NIT bid--in the very first opportunity Tyra had. Jurich had either the experience or the insight to make the correct call...

False narrative. His chances were limited, but Jurich never was embroiled in the controversial decision that Tyra muffed--accepting an NIT bid--in the very first opportunity Tyra had. Jurich had either the experience or the insight to make the correct call...
Zipp, you know the person making the call to play in the NIT back then was Pitino not Jurich. There was no vote and even if there was it wasn't going to matter with Pitino.

Reactions: zipp
Zipp, you know the person making the call to play in the NIT back then was Pitino not Jurich. There was no vote and even if there was it wasn't going to matter with Pitino.
Very likely the case; you could say Jurich made the right call by letting Pitino handle it. With a control freak like Pitino in charge, you knew he was gonna manage the situation. Tyra knew he was working Padgett, and he didn't take stock of that.

Bottom line, Tyra got himself into trouble twenty weeks into the job that Jurich didn't in twenty years...

15149951_G.jpg

As if the program hadn’t had enough drama, it’s surprising that some fans continue to try and manufacture additional drama. Sheesh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT