ADVERTISEMENT

Still Remnants of 2013 title in Yum Center

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
my friend took this tonight at the women's game from behind the scorer's table. Go Cards and Great win for the Women's Team!!!

champions_sticker.jpg

That’s probably a Level 2 NCAA violation.

However having over 100 university officials aware of a decade-long academic fraud clearly designed to keep athletes in multiple sports eligible is not a NCAA violation. Neither is covering up a university employee sexually molesting athletes at the university or players in two sports sexually assualting other students.

But I’m not bitter.

Last edited:
One thing I've always wondered. Why can't we replace all the Championship signs to just say "National Champions" instead of "NCAA Champions". Heck Kansas already does that, last time I checked the NCAA does not have a monopoly on the phrase "National Champions. "Heck an NAIA school that wins that tournament can declare themselves National Champions. UCF just last year made up a National Championship in football.

Yes I know the NCAA won't officially recognize it, so to many people it would be no more legitimate than UCF's National Title in football, but with how corrupt the NCAA is nowadays I really don't care, screw them.I mean lets be honest, no one calls it "NCAA Champions" anyway. if the NCAA tries to say anything just put them all as USA Today Coaches Poll National Champions. Again the NCAA has no say over that organization and does not have a monopoly on "National Champions". We have still paid the other penalties, taking the "NCAA Champions" banner down, removing the trophy, paying back money and forfeiting the wins.

Sadly if Jurich was still here he would probably be fighting the NCAA right now as we speak and already have a plan to just put "National Champions" on the rafters. Of course Tyra doesn't have the guts to do something like that.

Last edited:
One thing I've always wondered. Why can't we replace all the Championship signs to just say "National Champions" instead of "NCAA Champions". Heck Kansas already does that, last time I checked the NCAA does not have a monopoly on the phrase "National Champions. "Heck an NAIA school that wins that tournament can declare themselves National Champions. UCF just last year made up a National Championship in football.

Yes I know the NCAA won't officially recognize it, so to many people it would be no more legitimate than UCF's National Title in football, but with how corrupt the NCAA is nowadays I really don't care, screw them.I mean lets be honest, no one calls it "NCAA Champions" anyway. if the NCAA tries to say anything just put them all as USA Today Coaches Poll National Champions. Again the NCAA has no say over that organization and does not have a monopoly on "National Champions". We have still paid the other penalties, taking the "NCAA Champions" banner down, removing the trophy, paying back money and forfeiting the wins.

Sadly if Jurich was still here he would probably be fighting the NCAA right now as we speak and already have a plan to just put "National Champions" on the rafters. Of course Tyra doesn't have the guts to do something like that.
I think you have a pretty good grasp of the situation...

Having a grasp of the situation is one thing but a realization that Tom Jurich isn’t here any longer and ain’t coming back is the reality. Some times the acceptance of the situation that is around you and the parameters that present is reality. I’m hoping that one day soon our banner will be given back and the sooner the better. But I’m not sure I want to spend a butt load of money on that quest. Let guys like Luke fight that battle as we have other “fish to fry”. Just saying that’s all.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Having a grasp of the situation is one thing but a realization that Tom Jurich isn’t here any longer and ain’t coming back is the reality. Some times the acceptance of the situation that is around you and the parameters that present is reality. I’m hoping that one day soon our banner will be given back and the sooner the better. But I’m not sure I want to spend a butt load of money on that quest. Let guys like Luke fight that battle as we have other “fish to fry”. Just saying that’s all...
My experience is that a majority of our fans disagree with that opinion. Most want those banners raised again in some fashion...

Reactions: cardinalrod
My experience is that a majority of our fans disagree with that opinion. Most want those banners raised again in some fashion...

And I do too but not at a great legal expense for the University. I DO KNOW that we won the 2013 National Title and don’t need to see those banners to understand that. Although it would be nice to have them there. All of you Rick “dick” Pitino fans can thank him for this situation. Just my own opinion.

And I do too but not at a great legal expense for the University. I DO KNOW that we won the 2013 National Title and don’t need to see those banners to understand that. Although it would be nice to have them there. All of you Rick “dick” Pitino fans can thank him for this situation. Just my own opinion...
Legal expense is a ruse. It's almost a joke that "Vince" claimed that was the issue considering how much he spends in other pursuits.

The clowns don't want those banners up there inasmuch as it's a reminder of why they think they have legitimacy. Putting those banners back up in their little minds restores what they're trying to replace. And you don't have to be fan of any particular person to recognize that...

They should raise 13 National Championship and 12 Regional Championship banners with no mention of NCAA the day after NCAA finalizes investigation of Adidas payments. Do it before then and NCAA will impose stiffer sanctions without admitting they considered banners.

how about we install large tv screens in each corner of yum and everywhere in the concourse and just play a youtube copy of the title game on an infinitie loop. never stop playing it except during game time.

Well, if we can build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, why can't we pursue legal action to get the banner restored and make "Rick" and "Tom" pay for it?

Well, if we can build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, why can't we pursue legal action to get the banner restored and make "Rick" and "Tom" pay for it?

Maybe you haven't noticed that Mexico is NOT paying for the effin wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: ULarder
If Pitino and Jurich were still here, those banners would still be hanging...

WOW, there sure is a lot of “if’in” going on in this thread. Let us all remember that “IF a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass every time he jumps”. All of these “IF’S” don’t mean dip.

No doubt… and not only will Mexico pay for the Wall, they will do so gladly! Well, we may have to pay for the Wall, but Mexico will reimburse us. Well, maybe not reimburse us, but we will recover the cost from Mexico indirectly, over time… eventually.

Reactions: cocoa

Yeah right and I’ve got some ocean front property in AZ for you. Pitino is the reason we lost it. TJ could have fought it but you can’t beat the corrupt NCAA system. It would be like burning money.

Yeah right and I’ve got some ocean front property in AZ for you. Pitino is the reason we lost it. TJ could have fought it but you can’t beat the corrupt NCAA system. It would be like burning money.
It probably wouldn't even be scheduled for trial yet.

And the vast majority of cases get settled esp. when the stakes are high. Those banners would have been at the TOP of U of L's list of settlement terms...

And the vast majority of cases get settled esp. when the stakes are high. Those banners would have been at the TOP of U of L's list of settlement terms...

I’m sure this is true but I just don’t see the NCAA settling to much at stake for them.

The punishment was textbook. The rules were clear and in turn clearly broken. The punishment was also spelled out. I don’t know what you’d expect to win in a lawsuit.

The punishment was textbook. The rules were clear and in turn clearly broken. The punishment was also spelled out. I don’t know what you’d expect to win in a lawsuit.

BS take. Troll alert

You file suit to get what you want, not to seek justice. As I said, those banners would have been at the TOP of U of L's settlement terms. They simply didn't matter as much to "Vince" and the clown show...

Will see with Luke’s case. Hope they get the right judge.
So, you're OK with ex-players doing the job of U of L athletics?

(I hope they're successful as well...)

I’m okay with whoever goes after the NCAA. The former players appear to be victims so I think they have a better angle. Truth be told there were violations it’s going to be hard to prove otherwise. So the angle a former player takes is probably better. But either way I just don’t see anyone winning

You file suit to get what you want, not to seek justice. As I said, those banners would have been at the TOP of U of L's settlement terms. They simply didn't matter as much to "Vince" and the clown show...
Lol gotta love this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT