ADVERTISEMENT

Stephen A says best game since USC -Texas

Seems if we keep winning the National Talking Heads are wanting UL in the FF.

As long as LJ stay healthy anyway. ;) If LJ goes down, even if we win out, I say we get passed.

Winning BIG won't hurt anything either. As someone said in another thread, style points will matter.

There's so many things that need to happen for us to get in.......... We had our chance to seal our own destiny and didn't get it done. Simple as that.

Now we're depending on others to lose, and some to lose big to get us in. i.e. Ohio State needs to kick the crap out of Michigan in Columbus. If Michigan loses a tight one, they're in the same boat we are as a 1 loss, non divisional champ looking to get in with the one loss being a tight game at the division champ on the road. If OSU beats them badly, they lose that argument.

Bama could easily lose a game, but no one is keeping them out. They'd have to lose 2.

Washington is for real and completely deserving at this point.

If it were today, it would be Bama, OSU, Clemson and Washington. And there would be no legitimate argument against those 4.

It's still wide open, early October just way too early to ascertain much. Lots of teams will progress or regress, and key injuries will surface. Nobody near being a lock yet. Clemson's chances look favorable, but if Watson were to go down, everything would change immediately.

It's still wide open, early October just way too early to ascertain much. Lots of teams will progress or regress, and key injuries will surface. Nobody near being a lock yet. Clemson's chances look favorable, but if Watson were to go down, everything would change immediately.
^^ This. There is a ton of football to be played, and anything is possible. The part that many are missing in this conversation is that the national media STILL considers us a playoff team even AFTER losing. We lost and yet they're still talking about us being a playoff team. As a Cardinal fan you can't ask for anything more. Whether it happens or not will be settled another day, but five weeks into the season, with a loss, we are STILL in the hunt for the playoffs. Life is good Card fans. Enjoy it.

^^ This. There is a ton of football to be played, and anything is possible. The part that many are missing in this conversation is that the national media STILL considers us a playoff team even AFTER losing. We lost and yet they're still talking about us being a playoff team. As a Cardinal fan you can't ask for anything more. Whether it happens or not will be settled another day, but five weeks into the season, with a loss, we are STILL in the hunt for the playoffs. Life is good Card fans. Enjoy it.

As someone who used to watch the Cards play from cold metal bleachers at a minor leaguebaseball stadium this is nothing short of amazing.

Reactions: Kratz
There's so many things that need to happen for us to get in.......... We had our chance to seal our own destiny and didn't get it done. Simple as that.

Now we're depending on others to lose, and some to lose big to get us in. i.e. Ohio State needs to kick the crap out of Michigan in Columbus. If Michigan loses a tight one, they're in the same boat we are as a 1 loss, non divisional champ looking to get in with the one loss being a tight game at the division champ on the road. If OSU beats them badly, they lose that argument.

Bama could easily lose a game, but no one is keeping them out. They'd have to lose 2.

Washington is for real and completely deserving at this point.

If it were today, it would be Bama, OSU, Clemson and Washington. And there would be no legitimate argument against those 4.

We have to win out. We need Washington and the Big 12 champ to have 1 loss. I'm not sold on Washington yet. They gotta sub par game coming just like everybody else.

As someone who used to watch the Cards play from cold metal bleachers at a minor leaguebaseball stadium this is nothing short of amazing.

I remember those days. To see how far this program has risen in such a short span is amazing. They had a plan and the followed through with perfection. If we get into the playoffs we're winning the national championship folks. Could you have imagined that back then?

That's why if the Big 12 and PAC 12 champions have 1 loss then we are a lock. Louisville + Lamar Jackson = big ratings for the network. They're not turning down that opportunity for nobody. I just wish we would have won because I hate depending on other teams to lose.

I remember going to games at the old stadium BEFORE the aluminum bleachers went in( and how impressed I was when they did). The program is at the level we used to only dream of. That is what makes the fanbase so unique...many of us have seen it go from a definite " have not" to a team being discussed as a possibility for the national title. Enjoy the present and remember the journey!

Reactions: Mayoman
This was true but after this weekend many have jumpe off the band wagon. We will have to recapture it.

Agree Tony ...........UL fanbase is still going through a maturation process; many fail to acknowledge the adversarial conditions that we encountered at Clemson ..........unprecedented stadium noise, questionable no calls and 4th down sideline marker error. "Big name envy" translates into low self esteem. While Alabama, Michigan, Washington and other fanbases argue on behalf of their respective team worthiness; we have some who feel we are unworthy.

Reactions: Capt Tony
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT