ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Star studded visitors anticipated for the first weekend of March

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
The dead period ends on February 28th and on the first weekend of March the football offices will be flooded with high caliber football prospects.

The 2022 class still isn't finished and two transfer players will be making official visits.

Cornerback Quincy Riley and safety Nicario Harper.

Riley is transferring from Middle Tennessee and has seen a large number of offers including Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, West Virginia and a pattering of other schools you hate or don't care about either way. I think he has three years left? Maybe. he was a 2019 signee who redshirted and then the Covid hit and he got an extra year so you do the math, I write I don't math. Not sure he commits or signs (whatever transfers do) after the visit or even during because he has options (that we know about because he posted them all over the internet) and maybe he wants to take other visits. If he commits that would really sure up the corner position next year. If he doesn't he probably wouldn't have been much help and the team that gets him was desperate.

Harper has two years of eligibility. Did I do the math? No. He was conscientious enough to type that in his portal entry tweet. Think about explaining the term "portal entry tweet" to Don Shula. Anyway, while he did post how many years of eligibility he has remaining one thing he hasn't posted is offers. Because of my expertise as an investigative (football recruiting) journalist I do know he has an offer from Louisville. If things go well on his visit I do expect him to commit or sign (whatever transfers do) after or during the visit because he doesn't have options (that we know about because he posted them all over the internet) but maybe he does have some offers I haven't uncovered and he waits to take visits elsewhere. Either way, rivals doesn't have a FutureCast function for transfers so I don't really care because I get no credit for getting my pick right and all I really care about is other people's perception of my ability to predict where football players are going to go to college.

On the high school side of things here are the profiles of all the kids (with notes under some of them) I was told are expected to show:

Of course he's coming but the question everyone really wants to know is who he's bringing? These dudes:

Kyle Parker and Deandre Moore are also likely to visit with Clarkson but it isn't 100% confirmed. If you're an astute reader you would probably ask what percentage of confirmation are they Dave? To which I would answer that's math, I write, and you're not as astute as you think. But I think they'll probably show up. I will say that I think Louisville will take four receivers in this class. Right now my guess for those four receivers are Ahmari Borden, Kyle Parker, Deandre Moore, and Jahlil McClain.

With the Clarkson recruiting efforts out of the way I need to mention that the first 2023 prospect to show up to S. Floyd will be 2023 linebacker Semaj Turner from North Carolina. I like Louisville's chances with Turner but watch out for Virginia Tech.

Staying on the defensive side of the ball top inside linebacker target Jeremiah Telander is expected to visit this weekend. I know he was mentioned as a visitor for the January 28th weekend but that was fake news and you get what you pay for. Teelander has visited before however. He was in attendance when Louisville beat Boston College on October 23rd. I'll do the math on this one and say this is his second visit to Louisville.

The top outside linebacker target is Jamal Anderson who somehow has 27 offers yet no stars because I don't think Rivals has someone covering the state of Georgia because, Rivals! Anyway, dude is really good and will probably be a millionaire football player but for no he's just a no-star prospect with a poorly cropped profile photo and inaccurate measurables. He's going to show up on the 4th and will most likely leave that night. Keep an eye on him in the future but if Louisville doesn't get him no big deal as his lack of stars will just bring down their national team ranking.

Another player at the top of one of Louisville's position board is offensive tackle Luke Burgess who will be visiting S. Floyd for like the 43rd time. That's a rough estimate. I put in a pick for him as I was copying his profile link to attach to his name. I don't think he's going to commit this weekend but he might. Madden Sanker will also be arriving Friday night. I was going to put in a future cast for him too but I don't want to have to monitor too many recruits at once. Another offensive lineman to watch out for is Jordan Church, who just enrolled at IMG Academy the elite tennis institute turned football factory, because I did put a futurecast in for him after discerning he was a take.

Sanker is also bringing running back Jamarion Wilcox, his teammate.

Oh yeah, big seven on seven news! I was told that the entire South Florida Express is supposed to visit Louisville at some point. That includes the number ranked receiver by Rivals named Brandon Inniss. I don't know anyone on South Florida Express because I don't follow seven on seven because I'm already debasing myself enough following where high school kids are going to college and I prefer to hover right above rock bottom than to hit it. As far as Inniss goes, he will 100% undoubtedly go to Miami because Cristobal is new there and they'll probably throw some Yacht NIL package together for him. It's also possible he goes to USC but that's not as 100% undoubtable as Miami. Either way he ain't signing here.

There are two big time running backs expected to visit, Jeremiah Cobb and Marquise Williams. Actually there are three. I forgot to add athlete Jaylen Johnson. There are like 10,000 Jaylen Johnsons, or derivative spelling thereof, on this database and I almost omitted him for time conservation reasons but I found him after 10 minutes of searching. Anyway, Marquise Williams is from Philly so he's obviously the best player visiting and while people have tied his recruitment to Lance Taylor the truth is that De'Rail Sims has been on him for a while now so he actually has a good relationship with two coaches on the staff. Jeremiah Cobb has an offer from Auburn but not 'Bama. So Louisville has a chance unless 'Bama decides they want him.

I can't believe I'm still typing but there are more names. Most notable of those I haven't mentioned is another wide receiver from Miami, four-star William Fowles. I don't know much about him other than he's from Miami and he's six-foot-two. Another kid from Miami who is expected to visit is Rayquan Adkins who isn't ranked but has offers from Louisville, Miami, and Pitt.

I'm looking at my notes and can't read them but there is a 2023 guard from New Jersey whose first name is Zach and a 2024 safety named Miles Graham who is expected to visit.

Thanks for subscribing and reading.

This list is not final and subject to change.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.