One-Star Poster
Mar 20, 2017
[Way-too-early 2017-18 Top 25 rankings]
#6 louisville
Expected back:
Quentin Snider, V.J. King
Definitely gone: Mangok Mathiang, Tony Hicks
Decision time: Donovan Mitchell, Deng Adel, Jaylen Johnson, Anas Mahmoud
Why they’re here: So many draft decisions. If everyone comes back, heck, this could be your preseason No. 1 team. If only Mitchell goes (a reasonable scenario; he’s at No. 21 in the most recent DraftExpress mock), you’re looking at team in the mix for a No. 1 seed next March. And, not that this is a surprise, but Louisville’s top-10 recruiting class includes four four-star players.

Be nice if Donovan Mitchell stays around you can be almost assured a final four but we'll see how it plays out.

Don't see any way Kentucky can be that high unless briscoe comes back AND we get bamba. Anything less than both of those things and it'll be a long year and it very well may be regardless

[Way-too-early 2017-18 Top 25 rankings]
#6 louisville
Expected back:
Quentin Snider, V.J. King
Definitely gone: Mangok Mathiang, Tony Hicks
Decision time: Donovan Mitchell, Deng Adel, Jaylen Johnson, Anas Mahmoud
Why they’re here: So many draft decisions. If everyone comes back, heck, this could be your preseason No. 1 team. If only Mitchell goes (a reasonable scenario; he’s at No. 21 in the most recent DraftExpress mock), you’re looking at team in the mix for a No. 1 seed next March. And, not that this is a surprise, but Louisville’s top-10 recruiting class includes four four-star players.
Our bigs would still need to bulk up and play more aggressively like UNCs bigs last night.

I do not see why there isn't more hype around having Q at the point. He's a Senior that made a HUGE jump last year. I know you all want him off the bench, I'd feel very confident having a Senior running my offense next season if Mitchell goes pro. I think last year he was hurt and took his lumps, but I think he got some valuable experience being a top option on the team and will be a lot better next season.

I do not see why there isn't more hype around having Q at the point. He's a Senior that made a HUGE jump last year. I know you all want him off the bench, I'd feel very confident having a Senior running my offense next season if Mitchell goes pro. I think last year he was hurt and took his lumps, but I think he got some valuable experience being a top option on the team and will be a lot better next season.
Any fan that says Q isn't starting or shouldn't be is very retarded and definitely don't know anything about basketball. i would love to wager a 1,000 too any fan on him not being the starter regardless of who comes back , comes or leaves.!

Was looking through some older posts but still don't think we will excel unless we can hit free throws, layups and close shots. Fundamentals.

It's just so hard to say because of all of the first year players.
Normally you have at least one or two returning players to lead the freshman but this year it's going to be mainly freshman leading freshman with a little wenyen Gabriel sprinkled in. I'd Gabriel can step up and show he belongs and can even snag a starting spot I think that takes us up a level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT