ADVERTISEMENT

Something going terribly wrong in Lexington

Four-Star Poster
Nov 28, 2002
It’s always a good week when UL wins and UK losses; but the way things played out in Kroger Field last night suggests that Stoops and UK have some under-lying issues that suggest that more than just injuries and poor performance are contributing to their decline. If there was ever a time to beat Auburn it was this season, and the way Auburn abandoned their pre-game strategy of passing the football in favor of running against UK’s “vaulted front four”, it exposed more than just UK’s defense. Stoops and his staff have lost control of their team.

I watched UK give both UGA and Ole Miss much more than I had ever expected, and it raised concerns as to just how UL would be able to win. Everything has changed, as it appears the players may “have packed it in”. For those UL fans questioning our own fundamental tackling, there is some consolidation in watching UK give up 220+ yards to Hunter when most of the yardage was after contact.

It’s a long way off, but we must beat UK this year regardless of what we do between now and then.

Reactions: Mayoman
Right now they have no QB. With all emphasis on the D and run they just assume they can get enough from QB to win games with 13-20 points. But their D isn't good enough for that strategy, in today's game not sure any D is.

Hopefully neither QB turns it around. We are still their SB.

Well, my first response to reading the title of this thread was “so what else is new?” It may be a bit of a leap to conclude that the Yuts have packed it in, everybody has a bad game here and there. I think they will still be a handful, but I also think this is our best opportunity in the past five years or so to win back the GC. Let’s go beat Clemson.

I think they will stomp a mud hole in us and I tell ya why. Seems like every time we play them they are mega pumped and we play like it’s just another game. 😡

BEAN: if you think that “thingd have not changed” within UK football, you can be excused as having little or no interest in our in-state rival’s football program. The Stoops era was on the cusp of moving well ahead of South Carolina, Missouri, Florida, Vanderbilt and regrettably UL: fortunately I now see that trend ending.

BEAN: if you think that “thingd have not changed” within UK football, you can be excused as having little or no interest in our in-state rival’s football program. The Stoops era was on the cusp of moving well ahead of South Carolina, Missouri, Florida, Vanderbilt and regrettably UL: fortunately I now see that trend ending.
The “so what else is new” comment refers to the title of the thread. Something is ALWAYS terribly wrong in Lessinton. Porky needs a great OC to have a good team. Currently he does not.

Right now they have no QB. With all emphasis on the D and run they just assume they can get enough from QB to win games with 13-20 points. But their D isn't good enough for that strategy, in today's game not sure any D is.

Hopefully neither QB turns it around. We are still their SB.
UK plays in the SEC. They play names like Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas, Auburn & Florida. Other years they play Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU. Playing those teams, UK has lots of Super Bowls. We don't have much success against these teams. But like I said, UK has lots of Super Bowls.

UK plays in the SEC. They play names like Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas, Auburn & Florida. Other years they play Alabama, Texas A&M and LSU. Playing those teams, UK has lots of Super Bowls. We don't have much success against these teams. But like I said, UK has lots of Super Bowls.
Yes but that doesn't explain Deone Walker's and others play this season. Walker was a legit 5 star and last night got his first sack of the year. Walker will be one of the first defensive tackles taken in the draft.
I have said this about a few UL players, guy takes more plays off than not. Last night when the Barners had it 4th and goal from inside the 5, Walker was not on the field.
This morning on WVLK Larry Vaught called out the entire team and staff for quitting. Vaught, now an independent journalist, was a beat writer-columnist for 30 years for various Kentucky newspapers covering UK. He is literally Blue to the Bone but a nice guy none the less.

Last edited:
TopCat: The OP is not about the SEC super teams you mentioned, as UK has never been mentioned in the same breath as those that you mentioned. The Stoops era was trying to move ahead of South Carolina, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Missouri and the recent collapse of Florida. My consultations are consistent with what most UK fans acknowledge themselves when being honest.

Again, something is going terribly wrong in Lexington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT