ADVERTISEMENT

So, the reason for the Walz contract extension delay, per Tyra...

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Is Walz has hired representation. Tyra said on 93.9 yesterday that they were close to an extension after the Final Four, then Walz went the agent route. The speculation is, after what UofL did to Pitino, Walz wants some added protection clauses. Smart.

Is Walz has hired representation. Tyra said on 93.9 yesterday that they were close to an extension after the Final Four, then Walz went the agent route. The speculation is, after what UofL did to Pitino, Walz wants some added protection clauses. Smart.

I would tell Walz as long as he didn't plan on paying players or hiring prostitutes for recruits he shouldn't have to worry about what happened to Rick happening to him.

I would tell Walz as long as he didn't plan on paying players or hiring prostitutes for recruits he shouldn't have to worry about what happened to Rick happening to him.

He possibly has something to worry about. Not a big deal in my book, but to others, perhaps. It's not NCAA rules related.

I think these are just coincidences...

Jurich is sacked, and Tyra is hired...
The longtime softball coach resigns/retires...
McDonnell shows an interest in the Miss State job...
And now Walz hires an agent...

Maybe you guys can connect dots there... ;)

I do believe CDM looked elsewhere because he needed some reassurance from Vince Tyra as to what things were going to be done for UofL baseball. The softball situation has been “fluid” for at least a couple of years. I just cannot blame Tyra for Walz hiring an agent. Now I can blame the idiots on the BOT for the concern Walz has for his future. They’ve shown total disdain for any human respect whatsoever. I’m hoping our new president is seeing those fools in action and that she tires of it sooner rather than later. Losing coaches is one thing but losing long tenured excellent professors is another.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I do believe CDM looked elsewhere because he needed some reassurance from Vince Tyra as to what things were going to be done for UofL baseball. The softball situation has been “fluid” for at least a couple of years. I just cannot blame Tyra for Walz hiring an agent. Now I can blame the idiots on the BOT for the concern Walz has for his future. They’ve shown total disdain for any human respect whatsoever. I’m hoping our new president is seeing those fools in action and that she tires of it sooner rather than later. Losing coaches is one thing but losing long tenured excellent professors is another...
I'm not denying any one of those explanations. Seven months after Tyra's hire, I'm just not explaining all of them away as remarkable coincidences. That's true denial.

If someone wants to defend Tyra--that guy ain't me--a better tact would be to try to explain how all of these were undesirable situations under Jurich. As PG just tried to do on the premium page calling Walz "ignorant" previously. Of course that begs other issues--like McDonnell's "ignorance"--but at least it's not couched in any form of denial.

This issue with Tyra and coaches isn't resolved with an event or two like McDonnell turning down the MSU job. That's a proving process that will play out over several years...

Any high level coach or star athlete involved in big time NCAA or pro sports that doesn't have an agent is crazy. Walz is right for making sure that someone can cross all the T's and dot all the I's and be certain he is maximizing his earnings and covering his ass. Too much money involved to go it alone. When people tell me athletes don't need agents, I just have to laugh. There is a reason that Tom Brady, LeBron, etc have agents and it's not because they just want to give someone their money for nothing.

I'm really hopeful Tyra can retain Walz. The hiring of Mack and retaining McDonnell has brought my apprehension level waaay down when it comes to what Tyra will be able to accomplish as AD.

Another question in this agent issue is why Tyra claims that's holding things up with Walz. Jurich worked numerous contract renewals with coaches, and I don't ever recall him saying that an agent was slowing down the negotiation. That's either horse $hit or Tyra's inability/inexperience...

I wonder what has happened with Walz. Of all the coaches he seemed the one who was jumping on the train with the new admin. He didn't sign the letter supporting Jurich. You'd think of all the coaches he would be the one that would have been taken care of.

Another question in this agent issue is why Tyra claims that's holding things up with Walz. Jurich worked numerous contract renewals with coaches, and I don't ever recall him saying that an agent was slowing down the negotiation. That's either horse $hit or Tyra's inability/inexperience...

Jurich also mismanaged a huge monetary sport.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Jurich also mismanaged a huge monetary sport.
That "huge monetary sport" was the golden goose for decades until these clowns willfully killed it...

parade%20of%20fools%203_zps33q5qiwg.jpg

That "huge monetary sport" was the golden goose for decades until these clowns willfully killed it...

parade%20of%20fools%203_zps33q5qiwg.jpg

You know what's weird? You don't have the guy who is ultimately responsible for this in your picture, Andre McGee. If you want to make a legit scrapbook of who's responsible for all of the change at UofL, it should be Andre McGee, Pitino, Powell, and Ramsey. Those 4 are the ultimate culprits, but you love Porcini now just as much as before he got fired and you like to put the blame on people who were hired to "fix" things. It's not their fault. They didn't want to come in here and fix stuff, they were hired to do so and told what to do. They didn't start all the issues, other people did and you sit here and blame those guys ^ before the people who originally created the issue. That's your problem and your agenda.

Last edited:
You know what's weird? You don't have the guy who is ultimately responsible for this in your picture, Andre McGee. If you want to make a legit scrapbook of who's responsible for all of the change at UofL, it should be Andre McGee, Pitino, Powell, and Ramsey. Those 4 are the ultimate culprits, but you love Porcini now just as much as before he got fired and you like to put the blame on people who were hired to "fix" things. It's not their fault. They didn't want to come in here and fix stuff, they were hired to do so and told what to do. They didn't start all the issues, other people did and you sit here and blame those guys ^ before the people who originally created the issue. That's your problem and your agenda.
The Master wasn't in a position to kill it. No one head coach can do that--not Eddie Sutton at LPT, not Matt Doherty at Carolina, not Mike Shula at Alabama. You kill a program by mismanaging it at the top, either willfully or due to negligence.

As I like to say, Pitino brought us down, and the clown show is determining how far down...

Au Contraire....the DiSaster put it on life support and no one knows yet whether the patient can be revived to its previous state of health..

Your line up of misfits are getting older by the minute.

Hope Uof L survives these times and days of infamy. Somebody has to take on the burden of making the hard decisions....the previous guys are long gone and won't be coming back no matter how hard you want to think they will. Move on or get left behind. Time waits for no man.

Reactions: TopCatCal and gocds
The Master wasn't in a position to kill it. No one head coach can do that--not Eddie Sutton at LPT, not Matt Doherty at Carolina, not Mike Shula at Alabama. You kill a program by mismanaging it at the top, either willfully or due to negligence.

As I like to say, Pitino brought us down, and the clown show is determining how far down...

so I have to ask WHY is the 'clown show' there? did you vote for bible thumping Matt? I sure didn't.

did the 'clown show' mismanage the university and the funds? Ramsey sure did.

did the 'clown show' not reprimand 'the master(bater)' after scandal 1? how about scandal 2? maybe third time was the charm?

i'm no fan of how all this went down but someone had to be an adult and Ramsey and Jurich sure weren't going to be that person for whatever reason. too bad the university wasn't left to fix itself but here we are unfortunately.

so I have to ask WHY is the 'clown show' there? did you vote for bible thumping Matt? I sure didn't.

did the 'clown show' not reprimand 'the master(bater)' after scandal 1? how about scandal 2? maybe third time was the charm?

i'm no fan of how all this went down but someone had to be an adult and Ramsey and Jurich sure weren't going to be that person for whatever reason. too bad the university wasn't left to fix itself but here we are unfortunately.
Almost everyone one of your post has something to do with politics or race. I'm sure you are one of those guys who has failed at life and uses your race card every chance you get.

Sucks when it's always someone else's fault. Poor baby, I'm sure there is a safe space somewhere close to you. Go find it and take some time for yourself

Reactions: zipp
Almost everyone one of your post has something to do with politics or race. I'm sure you are one of those guys who has failed at life and uses your race card every chance you get.

Sucks when it's always someone else's fault. Poor baby, I'm sure there is a safe space somewhere close to you. Go find it and take some time for yourself

that's cute.

no matter where you fall on the 'clown show' spectrum, Bevin put them in place so blame him.

Reactions: CardX

I never defended Bevin...I could just as easily put his mug shot in the row of clowns, but I'm running outta space.

You're one of the Ramsey haters, none of whom have their facts straight. You'll be lucky if the Foundation produces half of the annual revenue that it did under Ramsey. If you wanna dig into those numbers, let me know.

There was no "3rd scandal" with Pitino...that's more hater talk. And Jurich was never given the opportunity to address "scandal 2". Ramsey was already gone as well. Again, argue with facts.

Prior problems don't excuse putting clowns in charge now. That's two-wrongs-make-a-right logic...

Au Contraire....the DiSaster put it on life support and no one knows yet whether the patient can be revived to its previous state of health..

Your line up of misfits are getting older by the minute.

Hope Uof L survives these times and days of infamy. Somebody has to take on the burden of making the hard decisions....the previous guys are long gone and won't be coming back no matter how hard you want to think they will. Move on or get left behind. Time waits for no man.
I'm having fun watching the new guys in charge, thanks.

And if I was Jurich, the LAST thing I'd wanna do is come back and clean up the mess that's been made in less than a year. His unprecedented legacy is secure already...

Reactions: brookstreet

I would say it wasn’t Pitino’s situation but what they did to TJ that would make me worry.

Reactions: zipp
I would say it wasn’t Pitino’s situation but what they did to TJ that would make me worry.

It was how they handled the Pitino situation. They broke terms of his contract with how they went about things. Jeff wants no part of that ineptitude from higher ups.

I'll admit when I was wrong and I was wrong when it came to Jurich. At this point I have to agree with you. Jurich was done wrong and should still be here. I still support Tyra because I dont want to see our University fail. I have started to see the truth on Jurich at this point.

It was how they handled the Pitino situation. They broke terms of his contract with how they went about things. Jeff wants no part of that ineptitude from higher ups.

True. But they did have cause, they fired TJ without cause. Pitino was fired either way, but TJ shouldn’t have been.

I'll admit when I was wrong and I was wrong when it came to Jurich. At this point I have to agree with you. Jurich was done wrong and should still be here. I still support Tyra because I dont want to see our University fail. I have started to see the truth on Jurich at this point.

Yep I support VT also. I don’t trust Grissom or pizza man. Not fond of many on our BOT for that matter.

Reactions: Chapman123
Jurich wielded too much power in the eyes of the new regime. They would have gotten rid of him one way or the other. Pitino made it easy for them.
Would have been a little harder though I think but I do agree card x with you

Additionally, there are some pro NBA Board of Trustees. They needed Jurich out of the way. But, again, that goes with him having too much power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT