ADVERTISEMENT

So. Miss Owns Big Blue

Clarence_Witherspoon

One-Star Poster
Aug 27, 2012
What a second half for the Golden Eagles! Just got back to Mississippi after partying at Two Keys Bar in Lexington last night. The UK fans were walking around like zombies, no expression, blank faced. They for some reason wanted to talk about college basketball. Kind of weird if you ask me.

1262008121212396-neworleansbowl.jpg

images

APTOPIX%20Southern%20Miss%20Kentucky%20Football

What a second half for the Golden Eagles! Just got back to Mississippi after partying at Two Keys Bar in Lexington last night. The UK fans were walking around like zombies, no expression, blank faced. They for some reason wanted to talk about college basketball. Kind of weird if you ask me.

images

Not weird at all Clarence. ALL they talk about is basketball.
Congrats on the win. I picked USM to beat the faux SEC team.
Hope ya'll blow them out in the return game-provided they dont cancel.

Reactions: American Male
Please don't be surprised if the cayuts "back out" of the return contract. They are huge cowards and I wouldn't be surprised. IF they actually do show up then they will probably have a new coaching staff. Congrats on a great win Saturday night. I know UofL and USM have not always had a "loving" relationship, ;), but anytime one of us can whip an $ec overrated program I'll always root for for that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Please don't be surprised if the cayuts "back out" of the return contract. They are huge cowards and I wouldn't be surprised. IF they actually do show up then they will probably have a new coaching staff. Congrats on a great win Saturday night. I know UofL and USM have not always had a "loving" relationship, ;), but anytime one of us can whip an $ec overrated program I'll always root for for that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Sophomore

NewWe need to make sure to buy them out of the opener next year. I don't care if it's a chickens__t move or not. No need starting next season off 0-1, especially since it's going to be a make or break year for the regime, and a year in which we are going to make our move, if it's ever going to happen.

21 WildcatofNati, Yesterday at 7:50 PM

Congrats on the win Mr. Witherspoon. To be honest, I was watching a different game and the 21-7 score came across the ticker. I said to my wife "Looks like the slap dicks are opening up a lead."
"Don't count on it yet." she replied.
"Brett Favre isn't coming though that tunnel." I quipped back.
Brett may not have taken the field, but your guys sure did embarrass the hell out of them. Still not sure how they managed to blow a 25 point lead at home, or give up 34 unanswered, or rack up more penalty yards than yards from scrimmage in the second half...ughh...nevermind. =P
Great win.

Sophomore

NewWe need to make sure to buy them out of the opener next year. I don't care if it's a chickens__t move or not. No need starting next season off 0-1, especially since it's going to be a make or break year for the regime, and a year in which we are going to make our move, if it's ever going to happen.

Truth be known, Barnhart has already called Jurich and ask him what should he do. I doubt Tom returned his call. They do have a history of buying out future opponents to have 8 home games. It must sting knowing you paid $200.000.00 to have Dawson laughing on the sidelines.

images

Glad to see Clarence back on the board.

Southern Miss didn't have to go through the meat grinder that is an SEC schedule like UK does. When you play a Top 10 opponent every week you get worn down. I think all those tough SEC games showed on our defense in the 2nd half.
Cant agree more… The SEC is a grinder that is both physically and mentally daunting. You put southern miss in the SEC East and they don't win more that 1 or 2 conference games… Ever… Uk is building the depth needed for the SEC for the first time in a long time, just takes some time...

Is that the real Spoon? If so, congrats on the win. I'm old enough to remember your playing days at USM. Shook your hand at the Metro Conference tourney in FH the year you won POY. Helluva player.

Is that the real Spoon? If so, congrats on the win. I'm old enough to remember your playing days at USM. Shook your hand at the Metro Conference tourney in FH the year you won POY. Helluva player.
I remember the basketball player named Clarence Weatherspoon. Never thought to ask if the OP was that guy since the spelling is different. Never know though. It might just be him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Weatherspoon

Cant agree more… The SEC is a grinder that is both physically and mentally daunting. You put southern miss in the SEC East and they don't win more that 1 or 2 conference games… Ever… Uk is building the depth needed for the SEC for the first time in a long time, just takes some time...
Well if they were in the East they would have won at least one SEC game this year. It's the first game of the year how could the SEC meat grinder have worn you down already . Vandy , South Carolina, Missouri and UK are a real murderers row. As far as depth goes your defensive line sucks- shouldn't you have somebody who can play before you worry about who's backing them up?

Reactions: KerryRhodes
=Sophomore

They would lose to Open Date U......

They would lose to Open Date U......
It's hilarious they talk about a breakout year and then cry because they have to play a C-USA. 6-6 is the bare minimum a Power 5 school should record but to them it means they have arrived.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT