ADVERTISEMENT

Setting the record straight

Oct 9, 2001
I’m not here to defend his coaching, but do want to give you a little insight.

His house renovation was completed after about 2 yrs., which tells me he wasn’t looking to leave at least right now.

I was not there for the pre game Card Marches but was told various harassing remarks were made.

Of course the denial of extension and raise was the writing on the wall.

Satterfield wanted to meet with his players prior to the public announcement. Cincy wouldn’t allow it. He was told in so many words, don’t or you won’t be our coach.

Satterfield wanted to meet with his players prior to the public announcement. Cincy wouldn’t allow it. He was told in so many words, don’t or you won’t be our coach.
Finding it difficult to buy this part. Why would any program hiring a coach make this demand or even request a coach not speak to his players and staff prior to a public announcement of his leaving? What would be the justification? And what kind of coach would submit to that demand? As has been shown, that’s a huge PR hit to that coach, that can and will be used against him in recruiting battles.

His house renovation was completed after about 2 yrs., which tells me he wasn’t looking to leave at least right now.

I was not there for the pre game Card Marches but was told various harassing remarks were made.

Hard to believe that anyone but his agent made decisions for him after Josh informed him he was not getting a raise or an extension.

We were there for almost every card March. Never was anyone yelling harassing things to Scott or the players. It was always positive and energetic. This is a bold face lie.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
I don’t think any of this matters. He left how he has and continues to handle it his choice.

I try to judge people by their actions. The South Carolina debacle which I justified showed he lied. Based of comments of key players parents and former stars let’s say he hasn’t been very truthful about things. Based off comments for Louisville folks he is lying to transfers and recruits. I like what I thought he stood for and looks as though he fooled me.

Time to move forward.

Finding it difficult to buy this part. Why would any program hiring a coach make this demand or even request a coach not speak to his players and staff prior to a public announcement of his leaving? What would be the justification? And what kind of coach would submit to that demand? As has been shown, that’s a huge PR hit to that coach, that can and will be used against him in recruiting battles.
Yeah, I'm not buying that either. Seems like an excuse to me, especially after the comment about "I'm a 40 year old white guy" when he first met our team.

I really don't give any credence to his home reno either. I'm doing a big reno on my house and I plan on selling it within 18 months after living here for 8 years.

Not buying any of it.

Up until I heard Satterfield officially took the UC job, I supported him. That was only after I could get past his huge exercise of bad judgement when he interviewed for the SC job without the courtesy of telling Vince.

Now we have direct testimony of what he told ex-players, along with his refusal to tell this team he was leaving. If The OP is accurate about UC AD threatening Scott not to tell his players he is leaving ……. that is a character flaw for both sides, as that makes no sense whatsoever.

I am glad that chapter has moved past us now, and for the first time since Frank Camp was coaching UL football, I think we have a Head Coach who could retire here as a winner.

I wouldn’t say you’re setting the record straight. You’re sharing information, the accuracy in which is questionable.

Regardless, Satt is gone. He was never a good fit. And his coaching was marginal at best.

Reactions: BPGhost
Because the emotion of the moment could cause him to change mind and then Cincy “loses”.

JLS was going to back out on MSU. That’s why MSU “leaked” the news during our friggin bowl game. (Once again, Karma is a beach)

They knew JLS would not be welcome to “stay” once people knew he “wanted” to leave.

Even though it’s cheap, “fickle”, and cowardly, I can see a school wanting their new coach not having any contact with his former team.

Up until I heard Satterfield officially took the UC job, I supported him. That was only after I could get past his huge exercise of bad judgement when he interviewed for the SC job without the courtesy of telling Vince.

Now we have direct testimony of what he told ex-players, along with his refusal to tell this team he was leaving. If The OP is accurate about UC AD threatening Scott not to tell his players he is leaving ……. that is a character flaw for both sides, as that makes no sense whatsoever.

I am glad that chapter has moved past us now, and for the first time since Frank Camp was coaching UL football, I think we have a Head Coach who could retire here as a winner.

But does he have Satt on “Ignore”?

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
I cannot believe a deal was reached and UC was so concerned that Satterfield would renege, they would impose such a qualification like that on him …… sorry, any one with character would respond back to UC, by assuring that he was committed to the change, and insist on speaking to his players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT