ADVERTISEMENT

Serious Question

Jun 22, 2011
Is Bobby just a bad recruiter or what exactly has happened to him??

I am NOT here to cast stones, as I remember the pain of Joker and Billy G years. Those took away alot of the joy of watching 2 sports for multiple seasons.

I haven’t followed his downfall closesly, so I was genuinely wondering how he went from being one of the best offensive minds in college football to this....

A healthy rivalry is good for both schools and the state. I hope you get Brohm or Brown.

I am NOT here to cast stones, as I remember the pain of Joker and Billy G years. Those took away alot of the joy of watching 2 sports for multiple seasons.

I haven’t followed his downfall closesly, so I was genuinely wondering how he went from being one of the best offensive minds in college football to this....

A healthy rivalry is good for both schools and the state. I hope you get Brohm or Brown.
It’s a mystery to most of us, too.

I'm liking this one even more...

Louisville 84 SIU 42

LPT 71 SIU 59

My honest opinion is that Petrino built his roster to win an ACC title in 2016 or 2017. He came very close in 2016, tieing the national champions for the ACC Atlantic title.

The way he built the roster was by stocking it with transfers, instead of building each year with 20-25 high schoolers. Those upper class men graduated, leaving a very young team this year, which would have been okay for a rebuilding, 6 or 7 win 2018, if Puma Pass had been a true NFL caliber QB instead of someone who had been sitting on his butt waiting for Lamar to graduate.

It’s been very obvious from the WKU game on that he’s been ill-prepared all year. And a Petrino team with bad QB play is a horrible thing, as we are all learning.

Reactions: Mayoman
This coupled with really bad assistant couscous hires. Think about it Bobby was never at job more than five years. While our offense was stacked in 2007, we did not a a good quarterback (Sorry H Cantwell) behind Brohm. In 2005 and 2004 he whiffed on some academic casualties. So maybe he has been a poor recruiter and evaluater all along, without Lamar Thomas we may have not gotten Jackson?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT