ADVERTISEMENT

Selection Committee - Conflict of Interest?

ULGrad09

One-Star Poster
Oct 31, 2016
Richmond, VA
Hey guys, just realized that both Clemson and Wisconsin have their ADs on the selection committee. Doesn't this serve as a conflict on interest, considering both of those teams will be well in the discussion.

Curious, if anyone knows more about the situation?

Hopeful that we are ranked 5 in the early release, which seems to make the most sense. Go Cards!

Most committee members recuse themselves during discussion of a team when there is a conflict of interest. Will the CFP committee consider Long having a conflict of interest with CBP? Who knows. I would hope a firing would be considered by all as a conflict of interest.

Reactions: beasleythecard
We'll know this evening once the first playoff poll is released. None of it matters right now. We just have to keep winning football games. Our margin for error is 0%. If we (the Cardinals) finish the regular season with just that lone loss to Clemson AT Clemson, then we might have a real shot at making the top 4 with a wee bit of help. Just win baby!! That's first. Win ALL the games left on the schedule and see if a 1 loss team with our resume is worthy of a top 4 spot.

I think it just might. :D

Clemson is in as long as they win out, that shouldn't matter. The only way we're getting in is if Washington and OSU/Michigan have two losses.

Reactions: Cue Card
Clemson is in as long as they win out, that shouldn't matter. The only way we're getting in is if Washington and OSU/Michigan have two losses.
Yep, that would appear to be the case. We'll know for sure tonight, but it sure seems like we're going to need help making the top 4. It was in our hands, and we lost. Now we need help. No doubt.

Saw one mock projection on cbs sports website that had Louisville ranked 7 LOL i have a feeling many of us will be furious after tonight.

I don't see Wisconsin getting in at all. No one is taking them over a 1 loss Michigan or Ohio State.

We needed to be dominant over Duke and Virginia...we weren't. When we went on "upset alert" last Saturday after Virginia took the lead so late in the game, everybody took notice. We only have ourselves to blame. By appearances, we have been slightly exposed the last two weeks by not being as offensively dominant as we seemed earlier in the year. But I still think we would have only topped out at #5 had we blown both of them out. We just don't have the quality wins against ranked teams, other than FSU, that we need.

Hey guys, just realized that both Clemson and Wisconsin have their ADs on the selection committee. Doesn't this serve as a conflict on interest, considering both of those teams will be well in the discussion.

Curious, if anyone knows more about the situation?

Hopeful that we are ranked 5 in the early release, which seems to make the most sense. Go Cards!

Now I think I know why you guys got so mad when I posted I didn't think you would get in. The past two seasons ya'll have not paid a lot of attention to the process of selecting the four teams so this is a bit new to you. There have always been conflict situations and the committee has a process for dealing with that. I just assumed everyone knew that and followed the selection process closely. From other posts in this thread, it is obvious someone of you did, and some did not. In retrospect, that makes sense.

The rankings are bogus. How can a team that has ripped of four wins against the best the SEC has to offer not make the Top 10?

If anything, Ohio State SHOULD have been the 4th team over A&M!!! The Buckeyes lost 21-24 to Penn State (6-2), and have wins over two schools with losing records...G-5 Bowling Green (1-8), and Rutgers (2-6)...They also beat G-5 School Tulsa (6-2). Ohio State also has a GOOD Win at Oklahoma (6-2), and a GOOD Win over Wisconsin (6-2)...Yet they get NO Credit for beating Indiana (4-4) and Northwestern (4-4)...MUST be an SEC Thing!!!

Texas A&M SHOULD have been 5th at BEST...They lost 14-33 to Alabama (8-0), and have wins over two schools with losing records...UCLA (3-5), and G-5 New Mexico St. (2-6)...They're getting Credit for beating FCS School Prairie View A&M (5-3)...ABSOLUTE BS...It's also Obvious, the Committee VALUES wins over OVER-RATED and OVER-VALUED SEC Teams Arkansas (5-3), South Carolina (4-4) and Tennessee (5-3)...Again...BS!!!

Louisville SHOULD have been 6th with their schedule...DOMINATE Win, 63-20, over Florida State (5-3)...BUT...Four wins over schools with losing records...G-5 Charlotte (3-5), G-5 Marshall (2-6), Duke (3-5) and Virginia (2-6)!!!

Washington, if anything, SHOULD have been as a MINIMUM, 7th, based off their schedule!!! They have wins over five schools with losing records...Rutgers (2-6)...FCS School Portland State (2-6)...Arizona (2-6)...Oregon (3-5) and Oregon State (2-6)...And another win over G-5 Idaho (4-4)!!!

The Huskies have ZERO Reasons to COMPLAIN...Ohio State SHOULD be PI$$ED!!!

The Committee's First Rankings SHOULD have been:

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) Michigan
4) Ohio State

5) Texas A&M
6) Louisville

We have no one to blame but us...Our close games against Duke and Virginia SCREWED us...As well as playing G-5 Charlotte and Marshall...And it WILL be like that as long as we continue to schedule WORTHLESS G-5 Teams...If anything, we NEED to schedule mid level P-5 Teams such as Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas State, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, South Carolina etc...as much as possible!!!

:cool:

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT