ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Sales Up

So “they” are only claiming to have sold more tickets this year than last. That simple. Are you saying they in fact did not?
I got an email from my Cardinal CAF rep on Feb 1 that also said ticket sales were up over the last three weeks.

Reactions: chevelle99
...One Admin does not get a gold star because their revenue was mainly ticket sales and the other Admin brings in the same or greater revenue but it contained conference money....
Absolutely there's a difference. U of L has no direct influence over ACC media, but they have primary control over "ticket sales."

You're comparing apples and oranges, you know it, and you don't give a damn.

AND you can separate the data in this instance which, of course, you wanna ignore...

Last edited:
So “they” are only claiming to have sold more tickets this year than last. That simple. Are you saying they in fact did not?
Tell me exactly what that means, and I'll give you an answer.

They started installment sales early this year. Are they accounting for that difference?

Are they talking about new accounts? And are they calculating NET new accounts--new accounts minus nonrenewals? Do they even know who's not renewing at this point?

Again, you're accepting on faith data from people who are motivated to gild the lily...

You think you wanna talk about "agendas." And you're taking data from people who have an obvious conflict of interest.

The people talking about ticket sales are responsible for selling those same tickets. They then try to bias how you view their numbers by drawing comparisons. "Everyone look at how good we're doing!"

Pardon me if I wanna peel back the onion on that claim...
But aren’t you accepting data from people who 10 years ago also had a conflict of interest? Did you peel back that onion? If sales are up from last year, good. Let’s keep doing that every year and we will eventually get back to where we were and more.

The guy raising all the questions about U of L athletic department funds and accounting had to give property and money back to a Home Owners Association to settle a lawsuit. Worth remembering before you spend too much time explaining things.

If I look at a ULAA financial report and I read football operating revenue for 2017 was S35,055M and read that for 2023 that figure is $49,534M, I don't need an interpretation for which figure is greater.

But aren’t you accepting data from people who 10 years ago also had a conflict of interest? Did you peel back that onion?…
The difference is I didn’t have to rely on sound bites. We could look at annual reports, budgets, or other internal reporting systems not underpinning some sort of press release or proclamation.

Now, we get contradictory info. The same department reporting progress shows financial problems and does so consistently. That undermines their credibility when they say something wanting us to believe it. Too many times their actual numbers don’t indicate what they’re communicating.

No need to gild the lily if it’s already a thing of beauty…

Last edited:
The guy raising all the questions about U of L athletic department funds and accounting had to give property and money back to a Home Owners Association to settle a lawsuit. Worth remembering before you spend too much time explaining things.
Lol, another pathetic stalker with fractional information.

Come at me with what you know, and I’ll show you 10X how much you don’t know. And I’ll enjoy the hell out of it…

If I look at a ULAA financial report and I read football operating revenue for 2017 was S35,055M and read that for 2023 that figure is $49,534M, I don't need an interpretation for which figure is greater.
How much of each year was conference/media money? Throw in shoe contracts to be complete.

Of course, you don’t wanna comply with that request for obvious reasons…

Wai
The difference is I didn’t have to rely on sound bites. We could look at annual reports, budgets, or other internal reporting systems not underpinning some sort of press release or proclamation.

Now, we get contradictory info. The same department reporting progress shows financial problems and does so consistently. That undermines their credibility when they say something wanting us to believe it. Too many times their actual numbers don’t indicate what they’re communicating.

No need to gild the lily if it’s already a thing of beauty…
wait a minute…can’t both be true? Can’t they make progress but still have problems ? It doesn’t mean they have solved the problems yet.

Revenue helps to pay expenses. Creditors don't give you a discount or drop your obligation if you pay using money that comes from a certain source. They just want to be paid.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
I’ll totally pass on the taco college professor lecture! And I’m out. Going over to the Basketball side where we are 1.5 point favorites over Georgia Tech. As of now.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Revenue helps to pay expenses. Creditors don't give you a discount or drop your obligation if you pay using money that comes from a certain source. They just want to be paid.
This isn't about creditors. It's about evaluating performance. Completely different situations...

I’ll totally pass on the taco college professor lecture! And I’m out. Going over to the Basketball side where we are 1.5 point favorites over Georgia Tech. As of now.
yXP1dM.gif
200.webp

2024 FB prices are being reduced. The price adjusted revenue projection is $17.4M. The projection was based on current season ticket numbers and was made last October. The incremental revenue is $1.3M. The current actual increase in ticket sales will raise this projection/revenue.

Why would anyone deliberately dampen positive news that way? What purpose does that serve?
It serves as a reality check. These people are managers, not cheer leaders.

When they KNOW how much they have to accomplish and they’re deliberately not talking about it, it undermines their credibility.

Jurich’s favorite tag line was “we try harder.” Not “we’ve arrived” or “we got this”…

2024 FB prices are being reduced. The price adjusted revenue projection is $17.4M. The projection was based on current season ticket numbers and was made last October. The incremental revenue is $1.3M. The current actual increase in ticket sales will raise this projection/revenue.
Where are you getting those numbers?..,

It serves as a reality check. These people are managers, not cheer leaders.

When they KNOW how much they have to accomplish and they’re deliberately not talking about it, it undermines their credibility.

Jurich’s favorite tag line was “we try harder.” Not “we’ve arrived” or “we got this”…
No, not cheerleaders, but salesmen- which is what you are always criticizing them for. Make up your mind.

Reactions: Art79
No, not cheerleaders, but salesmen- which is what you are always criticizing them for. Make up your mind.
I’m not interested in them selling themselves. Try not to read my mind.

They’re paid to sell a product. You don’t do the first and dog off on the second…

I’m not interested in them selling themselves. Try not to read my mind.

They’re paid to sell a product. You don’t do the first and dog off on the second…
Salesmen routinely talk about how well their product is doing to create excitement. It primes the pump for more sales.
BTW…no need to read your mind, I just need to read your posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT