ADVERTISEMENT

Screw basketball....spring practice!

STLNBSE

700+
Feb 27, 2003
surprised there isn't more chatter. Players seem to be taking to Van Gorder. TuTu is a stud and Becton a beast. Excited about this team even though we we likely get handled by Alabama in the opener.

Reactions: wilkie01
surprised there isn't more chatter. Players seem to be taking to Van Gorder. TuTu is a stud and Becton a beast. Excited about this team even though we we likely get handled by Alabama in the opener.

OP if you could pick a couple keys to the season what would they be?

Is Pass the clear-cut full-time starting QB? I'm out of the loop.

Thanks for your thoughts!

First, I'll say that I like our personnel on both sides of the ball. I'll start with the position where we are most thin- D line. If the newcomer Boykin and a few others are ready to step up then we will be immediately better on that side of the ball. It cannot get worse than last season defensively and I do think Van Gorder will at least give us a chance at s passable unit.

Pass will be the guy. Cunningham is a super fast kid but there are grave concerns about his accuracy. Receiver is a position where we are deep and talented and they seem to be in sync with Puma. I like Puma's pocket presence and the fact that he seems very difficult to rattle.

O-line will be a strength. Second year under summers and Becton may be the best tackle in the ACC. McNeil will play next to Becton this year, giving us a very formidable foundation. I also look for Bentley to step forward either at the guard or center position. He's a talented kid.

At RB I like Dae Williams who will be stronger and more confident than he was last year when fresh off an injury. Also think Colin Wilson will be ready to go. He's a stud if healthy.

The real key to the season will be how well we run the ball.

Not the OP, but I follow the football team more so than b-ball. Pass will be given the start at QB. I believe the staff is very excited about his potential. Our strengths going into the spring are the wide receivers and the offensive line. FYI, there is a blog that will provide practice updates throughout spring practice. (universityoflouisvillefootball.life) Hope this is helpful.

Not the OP, but from what Bobby said the other day it sounds like Cunningham is not going to be quite ready and that Jawon is the clear cut starter. He said Cunningham needs to work on his consistency in his throws.

Could not agree more. I have been a Louisville football fan since 1971 and a season ticket holder since 1976. I never have bought a basketball ticket.

Reactions: clearthebases
Yes FB talk. Can’t wait until the spring game. Pass is going to surprise many. He seems to be more the traditional CBP QB.

And if the OP is correct and our O-line is now a strength....lookout. I hope the D improves even a slight would be great. I just don’t see it being anywhere as bad as last year. They need to increase their physical presence. Get back to hitting and playing aggressive. And I think they will. Can’t wait for the season.

I called the ticket office last week to check when the UofL vs Bama tickets go on sale they said sometime in April.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT