ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Saturday Night DJ Wagner Update - 4/16/22

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I teased this update in the thread that Dave started, and I said I was going to hold off until tomorrow, but it's time.

I have put in a FutureCast for DJ Wagner to Louisville.

Let me make a couple of disclaimers before I get into the reasoning behind my FutureCast.

- It's April of 2022, there's a LONG way to go.
- Basketball recruiting isn't something that I dabble in very often, but because this recruitment has local ties, I have more sourcing than I typically would in the high school ranks.
- I still don't have any real clarity on Milt Wagner being on the staff, but I don't think that's the deciding factor here.

I had a couple of conversations with people close to the situation over the weekend, and as of right now, I feel confident that DJ Wagner is going to Louisville.

A source told me that Nolan Smith is a key cog in this recruitment, and is/ is going to play a huge role here, in addition to Kenny Payne.

Do you all remember World Wide Wes? William Wesley that is.

A source told me that Uncle William Wesley wants DJ Wagner at Louisville, and not Kentucky. Yes, WWW is on Louisville's side in a big recruitment. (Something I thought I'd never say)

As I stated above, I don't have a gauge on what's going to play out with Milt being on the staff, so I would not read too much into that aspect of DJ's recruitment.

I talked to several people who told me DJ to Louisville doesn't change based on Milt's role with the program. They are working through this, and KP is going to make sure things are ironed out on that front.

If Milt is the third and final assistant, I'll be even more confident. If he's not on the staff, I still feel comfortable with my prediction of DJ going to Louisville.

It's early, things can change quickly, but the momentum that is being built on the Louisville side is real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News