ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield just moved off the Hot Seat

Agreed; retaining a roster is a real challenge today, but those close to Syracuse believe that Dino has the sort of relationship with his players that explains that level of loyalty. Babers was reported to have lobbied for the UL opening before Satterfield was hired; not sure that was ever confirmed.

Maybe because I’ve watched him in inaction for the last four years. The better question is - and, no talk about buyouts, etc. - why do you cling to him?
I don’t know that “cling” is the right word, but I just think program building requires staff stability. Blue blood programs will always attract talent just on name alone. They can survive switching coaches every few years. We aren’t like that. UofL is a developmental program. The kids play hard for this staff and are improving. They have more resources in recruiting now and are attracting higher level talent. Starting over with a new guy who could fail just as surely as you think Satt has is not the answer.

Roster turnover is on steroids with transfers. Now in a given year you can lose a huge chunk of a team. It happened on offense for Louisville last year. They lost basically all their receivers. The Louisville offense is probably much different with Watkins and Harrell. When teams are able maintain key parts of their rosters year to year consistency is much easier. When roster turnover is fluid it really can be much tougher.

It can take time for units to come together depending on scheduling. When come right out of the gate playing conference or Ole Miss you don’t have time to work out kinks.

Last edited:
We are the bastard step child of the ACC.

And they treat as such. Officiating has shown that the last five years.

The only way out is to make the ACC need us. Get better. Become a national power.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT