ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Satterday Red Carpet Report

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Louisville's Junior Day was a well attended and organized affair. By my count every prospect on this list was accounted for. Normally I like to wait a few days after a visit to speak with recruits. Anytime you speak with a prospect right after a visit their answers are tainted by recency effects. Recruiting coverage is a social science fraught with confounding variables so I attempt to control them as much as possible. On the other hand, recruiting coverage is also a business and content is driven by competition. People on here were asking for immediate feedback and talking about TOS's updates so here are some direct quotes from kids about how they liked their visits given to me less than 24-hours after said visits.

"(The visit) was a great experience. I really enjoyed talking with Coach Satterfield and Holt more and their plans for the future. And I enjoyed the campus and game," said the Bowling Green tight end.

When asked if Louisville was one of his top options at the moment he responded,
"Yes, I would say so."

"I liked it at Louisville the coaching staff showed great hospitality to me and my family. I love the coaching staffs' attitude that they bring each and every day and are they're willing to get better and make their players better and how invested they are in the program," said Howse.

"The visit went well. I got to sit down in the film room with coach Brewer watching tutu and how they would use me like him in the offense," said Crowdus.

He added that he thought coach Brewer was cool, he likes how Louisville runs their offense, and that they have a legitimate shot at landing him.

That being said, I'm hearing things from other sources that contend he won't go to Louisville. Kentucky feels very confident they will land him and do know for a fact that UK defensive backs coach Steve Clinkscale has a son named EJ who plays with Crowdus at Frederick Douglass and that the elder Clinkscale is tight with Corwdus and his family. I also think Oregon is a threat but they're always a threat early for east coast kids but the excitement tends to fizzle out when they realize how far and isolated Eugene is from home, and basically everything.

"My visit at Louisville was great they treated everyone like family. Also their facilities were amazing, they really make sure that there players are 100% all the time. Lastly I loved how they build their team off trust and everything," said Lee.

"(The visit) was good, they treated me like family. I also learned some new things from coach Brown. Overall it was great," said Lovett. He also told me that Louisville had moved up on his list of schools.

"(The visit) was awesome. The coaches there are the coaches you want to play for. I was also surprised with the campus," said Dingle.

His comment about being surprised with the campus seemed strange to me considering he's from here and has been on campus so I asked him to explain what he meant and he responded,

"I just never saw the academic buildings and dorm rooms."

I asked him if Louisville was a legit contender and he confirmed they were. People may scoff when I say that Cincinnati is a big threat here but his older brother plays there and so did his father. Louisville shouldn't be losing recruiting battles with Cincinnati but this one might be a real dog fight due to the family ties involved.

"It was a red carpet junior day with all the top recruits in the area. They brought out all the bells and whistles and I was very impressed. Completely knocked my socks off. The dorms were amazing as well as the facilities. Also the coaching staff just signed new deals so they’ll be there for a while which is good because every prospect wants stability in a college coaching staff," remarked Glynn. When asked if Louisville made a move up his list Glynn responded, "Definitely."

"The visit was pretty fun, the coaching staff made it feel like home and for me and all the other recruits. They are really flipping this program around in a positive way. The photo shoot was cool to wear the white uniforms (wore the black ones last time). The lunch was great and then to finish it off with the basketball game was even better! Had a great time this past Saturday! #GoCards." said Brown.

I know Brown is just a sophomore right now but I really think he's a heavy lean to Louisville. Sometimes a kid is just determined to stay home and Brown seems to be that guy. I also think he is going to end up being a four star.

"Louisville was good I enjoyed every minute of it getting to talk to all the coaches and build a relationship with them," said Key.

Dane Key is going to be one of the top receiving prospects in the region and will most likely end up as a national recruit. Louisville has done well to establish a relationship with Key.

“Louisville is very high on my list the coaches talk about family and the culture that they are trying to create is really impressive. I will definitely be back down,” said Gunn.

"I loved it (the visit) a lot and I had a great time. The environment and energy was great! The facility’s and coaches were fun to be around for sure! I’m hoping to receive an offer from them soon. I would definitely consider them as a future school but my recruitment is 100 PERCENT open," Iesa Jarmon.

"It was an amazing experience, I loved it down there. I loved the energy & positive vibes with the coaches, players, students & other prospects. Since it was my first visit to Louisville the coaches filled me in with information about the school, the program & it was a lot of stuff I liked about it & a lot of news I wanted to hear. In all it was a great visit," said Payne.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News